Staff bids??

I just got outbid in all of my staff offers, but I had no warning that I've been overbid the entire time, wtf?
Me neither, most likely the game doesn't tell you - all hail the mighty last minute bids
Me neither, most likely the game doesn't tell you - all hail the mighty last minute bids
this is so gay...
So...if we got unlucky and didn't get a coach, are we just kinda screwed?

Can't train without one, and there's only 2 atm...both cost more than it'll let me buy.
You simply get no warning.
All offers are hidden until the daily update.
The highest bidder gets the coach.
Daily update usually(!) happens at 20:00.
It was delayed today due to high traffic
Agreed, I find it incredibly awkward that I have absolutely no way to train my players considering I was outbid on every single coach/candidate possible. If anything even starting out with a cheap and extremely garbage coach would've made this better but at least at that point I'd somewhat be able to train my players until able to purchase a new one.
Don't worry guys it will take time to train players, so if you loose 1 day you will not stay much behind. This being said we will look into this how to balance this out.
its actually balanced i guess.
on this way you need to pay what you think you can afford to pay.
In a way it's like in real life, you don't actually know what the other side is offering. You will know when the decision being made and then it is already too l8.
Same could be said for Player Market, but somehow you know how much everyone else is bidding there?

It's just a stupid and frustrating mechanic.
actually in real life I get to ask the staff if they've gotten any better offers and if they'll be accepting my offer at midnight or not...