• Forum
  • Updates
  • Sponsors, today's daily update and other issues

Sponsors, today's daily update and other issues

Hi,

due to sponsors changing their contract circumstances and money offered way too quickly, players who got the weaker sponsor the first day can now cancel their contracts so they wouldn't be punished from unpredicted decisions from sponsors. This will be enabled until sponsors have stabilized enough. Sponsors are designed in a fashion that they have a hidden desire for a certain share of the market. If they see they are missing the share, they will start dropping their requirements and increasing what they offer and vice versa. This should stabilize soon as sponsors are spread around users more equally.

There's also been issues with some games repeating - because of that some teams have gained more team ranked ELO than expected (this should balance out on itself soon enough though), but there's also teams in leagues that have too many wins / losses. This will be fixed during today's daily update.

Today's daily update will start at 20:00UTC as usual and it will be under maintenance mode this time as well to also release the league games fixes and other updates.

Meanwhile our current goal is to keep looking at the economy, balance and issues that are taking place and fixing them. Once we see that the game is performing smoothly and the issues are resolved we will start looking at developing new features.

Thank you for your patience and good luck!
yay dev team
Great to hear, sponsors are kinda weird yeah. Some very good sponsors have very low requirements it seems. Good luck on fixing that. :D

On an unrelated note, will the cap on sandboxs ever be increased/removed?
About sandbox games we have had several ideas, but no concrete decision yet.

Some of the ideas/suggestions have been:
- Keep sandbox games, but disable for teams in your league - as playing against teams in your league gives advantage to a person who can try out strategies just before the league game.

- Make games in a friendly type of system where you can challenge someone and they have to accept for the game to take place.

- Give more sandbox games for credits - I'm not sure how fair that would be though. There is a problem with overstepping the pay to win barrier line which I do not really want to do.

- In general I would want to create private and official tournaments as the next thing. Private tournaments being tournaments in either league or play off type where you can create your own tournament to invite friends to.

But for this moment in time we are going to keep the limit at 25 until things have stabilized and then we will start looking at this once again.
@Henri How about limiting scrims with another team from the same league instead of removing them altogether? For example: I have a match in 3 days against team X that's in my league, I can scrim team X as much as I want until there's 24h left for the league match, giving both players time to test each other's strength while avoiding any cheesy last-minute scrimming and strategy-fixing to win the game.

Also, I think it would be a good idea to make game history private, because even if you block inter-league scrims, players can just scout their opponent's game history and extrapolate all the information needed to build a counter strategy.

Also as a F2P player I think doubling the amount of sandbox games per day for subscribers is OK, I wouldn't mind that, I think 25 games per day are enough to prepare yourself for your next league match.

Cheers!
While i think limiting scrims against own league member to 3 and 24h before the game, i do not agree that match history should be private. I think it's a fair and sane way to analyse the others teams, and it's more realistic. In the pro sphere, they know which team is doing well, even behind the scene because of rumors and such.
I'm sorry but at least in the League of Legends pro scene, scrim results are private and whenever leaks have happened people have been very critical of these leaks.

I do however respect your opinion, maybe a poll would be good for these kind of things.
24h seems a bit much. I'd say 8 hours seems a bit more realistic for same league team right before a league game.

As for the sandbox extra games....well sandbox games can give a big advantage to a team , and i do believe that it would be better not to touch that issue at all. If you do decide to give subscribers the ability to buy sanboxes , you should offer them few games and even those to get capped.

Especially if you want to promote a private tournament style of play. Assuming the teams will play both leagues and tournaments , the free players will be at an disadvantage since they will have to decide which to prepare for

Other then that , i do feel that academy players are seriously underpowered right now. Getting a 10k player (searching for a adc for example ) will give u a default 3/3/3 all around guy.

While i do agree that making good players cheap IS NOT a good ideea , 3 all around for 10k is pathetic. Hell you could make them at least 1/1/1/7/1/1/1 or something considering i scouted especially for said lane.

Edit : eikasitu , what you suggest would make the top teams unbeatable. I know for a fact , as someone that had both a contender and the top team in a league , that multiple scrims are needed to adapt if you want to have a chance against a player with 30 coaches and therefore a massive stat advantage for his players.

If i could only have 3 scrims 8 hours before vs jaegy or mops when they were at their best , i;d have never beaten them.

You have to realize that this game is mostly try and error in regards of strategy....which is why giving sandbox to subscribers would give them such a big advantage
Regarding the sponsors: Imo theres a huge problem with team reputation.
I as a newbee didnt know that you could have unlimited reputation managers and also wasnt aware of their huge strenght. For me it seemed like they would consume one of the 2 coach slots, which you have at the beginning.

Because i spammed ranked games its not a big deal for me, but all the other people who are now sitting on 300 reputation will get completly outclassed in the following days, when u disable canceling sponsors, because they cant change their sponsors to the ones which give a lot of money.

This will then split the playerbase in 2 groups.
One which had the inside knowlegde of reputation managers and reputation itself and one who hadnt, because the people who now have high reputation will make an almost unfair high amount of money.

To prevent the ecconomy of some people from completely snowballing out of control, i would suggest fixing the requirements of the sponsors and reset them, or fixing reputation and then reseting the sponsors.
u do realize that you can cancel the sponsor right now and get other sponsors ?

U do realize that you literally lost just 1 day on getting a reputation manager ? Hell i just barely got 1. The first day i couldn't even get 1 damn coach for example.

You won't get completly snowballed out of 1 day lost , and as for having inside knowledge ...well stuff wasn't working exactly like that during beta.

I ended the game winning my league (first division) and being the first on the ladder last season , while having a top 3 team i nterms of team strenght , all that while my reputation was around 1k. I I wasn't even top 100 on the reputation ladder.

Also i vaguely remember that only 1 rep manager was used for a team. Might be wrong on that tho.

Regardless.....investing in reputation managers meant that you're not investing in coaches.. for your players (you have a limited amounts of offers per day) , and during beta , mass coaches was the winning strategy
You can only have 2 coaches, but for example 5 reputation managers.
For example: I started with 3 reputation managers day 1 then today i will be able to get the 4 sponsors with the hightest money income. (140k daily)
Compare that to someone who has 500 reputation today:
He will have 4 sponsors with 15k each. (60k daily)
Now disable the function to cancel sponsors tomorrow.
Than the one with the low income sponsors will have to sit approximate 2 weeks on them, which is all in all a money difference of 1.120.000.
Imo thats a big number for the early game.

As i said im talking about the extreme and my situation is quite good, but its still unfair for a lot of people.
if that's the case , it's quite stupid , and should be fixed asap.

Make getting more then 1 rep manager impossible as a first step. i guess
For the "friendly" system that have been proposed, I am going to completely disagree. The send and accept system will take waaaay too long and is way too complicated compared to the current Sandbox system that we have.

The strategy is essentially trial and error; adding an accept system will just going to make it really annoying.
Man the thing with sponsors and reputation, I feel completly cheated on.
It's like a very huge exploit, either you know about it and you profite to the max, or you don't and you're left behind.

And what's the thing with 2 coaches / 5 PR, i could only have 3 staffs no matter coaches or PR. And btw that was stupid cause i wanted both a PR and a coach but didn't know about the limitation, I offered a few coaches since I didn't knew if they would accept, then PR guys, and since I got 2 coaches all my PR got rejected. Noob spotted.

But yeah, this max sponsor thing at the 3rd day feel really really disgusting.
Glad to see you care for us good ups!
The reputation managers limit is bugged right now yes, but it' s not exploitable as only 1 rep manager should count. It's more like a money waste right now, but nonetheless needs to be fixed as it is a money sink for anyone who got too many PR guys.