• Forum
  • Updates
  • Hidden ELO reveal, bug fixing and other updates

Hidden ELO reveal, bug fixing and other updates

Hey,

I have had a few days of break and slow days where I had to attend family related matters, but now I'm back and looking strong to fix all the problems currently existing.
Here is a current top 25 by hidden ELO for you as well:
https://gyazo.com/14deaf0d218697edfe4c2023be8192e4

Yesterday's daily update ran into some issues which I unfortunately cannot repair retrospectively. The reason for that is I feel my time would be better spent on preventing future damage rather than focus on what's already happened.

In general I'm looking to:
1) Rework the way sandbox games are played - instead of having to wait in browser they will go into a processing queue, played by a separate process. This means you won't have to wait in browser for the game to end and also there won't be a timeout bug (which is why sandbox games sometimes end randomly). I want to add an extra 'Games In Progress' under games tab so you could clearly see that your game has not been lost or anything. It's just waiting for it's time to be played. And perhaps a visual indicator on which position it is in queue.

2) Optimise the daily update process and make it more failsafe - right now it takes around 45 minutes and this is not scalable and it's possible to make a lot of the processes to run at the same time instead of in a row.

3) Keep optimising everything in general, looking to gain performance from anywhere possible.

4) Review, fix and solve all the bugs reported in the Forum - Thanks a lot for giving feedback!

5) There's a lot of reports about a lot of hidden information and missing guide/content information, so I'm looking to deal with this as well.

Once it's certain that the game is stable enough we will proceed to improving existing features and start working on new ones. There's a lot to improve and so many great ideas still unimplemented.

Good luck and have fun!
Nice nice nice! Can't wait for new features :D
No feedback here except that you're doing a great job ! Continue like this !
Thank you for the update. I will post my thoughts on the game, with a lot of feedback and suggestions.
Keep up the good work. In a couple years I imagine it can become really great.
Very nice keep up the updates like this!
Hello. Thanks for your hard work and for letting us know. Keep it up !! This game is just amazing. I love it !!
Love your game, keep up the hard work! :)
Thank you for your reactivity and your devotion!
thanks for the update ^^
That's pretty helpful. Thanks
Always nice to see a new update post.

I feel like the #5 is not that important right now, since there are so many people being helpful in chat/discord/creating wiki etc etc etc. Just a small shoutout here.

Though I gotta mention, that posting the hidden elo list on a daily basis kills a lot of effort. That's like making scrim results public for the best teams.
But maybe I am the only one thinking that way.
Good job bro!

Just keep improving the game and more power! :D
Tsmety, the problem is that all these people that are helping out are just guessing half the time. We need official information