• Forum
  • Updates
  • BREAKING: THE MANAGER UNIVERSE HAS HIT AN ECONOMICAL LOW-POINT

BREAKING: THE MANAGER UNIVERSE HAS HIT AN ECONOMICAL LOW-POINT

THE MANAGER UNIVERSE HAS HIT AN ECONOMICAL LOW-POINT

Sponsors will cancel their sponsorships with all the managers on 15. August 20.00 UTC +0
Mark your calendars and make sure to RENEGOTIATE WITH YOUR SPONSORS!

FAQ

WTF WHY?
There's been a lot of discussion about the current economy and how there is not enough of a 'ladder' effect.
Part of it is because the game has just started and the economy has not balanced out yet. One step towards fixing it is by changing the Sponsors system. After the update sponsors will change their requirements in a different manner and the sponsor listed lower in the table will be a lot more difficult to catch. Sponsors have hidden share they want from the market so the sponsors below will be available to only a small percentage of the teams. To get this to work properly we have to restart all the sponsorships.
We know that this may bring us the actual “Communitycal low-point” from the up-roar from everyone who doesn’t log in in the next two days. But we think it’s the best solution and hopefully no one will be too mad if they miss a sponsors income.

As a side note, our first issue of Lolmanager's NEWS has arrived with the breaking news. You can take a look at it on our social media: https://www.facebook.com/lolmanagergame/posts/836607586469497
Best to just do it and fix it now. The amount of money people have is insane.
wellp. looks like I have to downgrade my facilities. :(
Finaly
Today we take all money from the sponsors ?
Not a big deal. Totally understand. Thanks for balancing this game a little more.
Today and tomorrow you will still receive your current sponsor goods.
So basically if you are doing well with money management and have made upgrades to facilities you're team will end up doing worse because you have to downgrade?
Do we get to keep our upgraded sponsor spots?

I will for sure just save up the next two days, before knowing what will happen next.. was going to upgrade my sponsor spots tomorrow, but I guess I'll wait a couple days...
@cgsull
That's the harsh truth about manager life :) A good manager adapts to the current economical situation.
@kruff
Everyone, including you, will keep their purchased sponsor slots :)
so how much money is too much money exactly? lol :P
Great, thanks for giving the info you can :)
thats good, people buying players for 900k, i mean thats nto really balanced :p
i saw those prices in the market that is rediculous the most i've ever had i think is how much i have no 382k
welp, hopefully i can adapt to this XD
looking forwards to see how we will have to adapt based on the changes. good luck to everyone
I think theres too much of a ladder effect. With even 3 sponsors you can get up 100k a day
When u are at it reset Soloq elo, Teamranked elo and Reputation as well to make the climb to the top sponsors fair.
Makes no sense without it.
Good =)
What's the point of making mid-season changes to the core elements of the game? I thought this was a release and not a beta, this could potentially break player's current team, I'm not saying the new system's bad, just saying that it seems ridiculous to change it mid-season when it could be perfectly implemented next season
Im going on a vacation for the next 5 days. Im in big trouble or how does it affect me? :-/
It seems like this information should also be plastered all over the Sponsors page, so anyone that misses the announcement can see it before they pick their sponsor.
It seems like this information should also be plastered all over the Sponsors page, so anyone that misses the announcement can see it before they pick their sponsor.
Cool beams, man
Cool beams, man
@Elkasitu - If you start thinking about the situation it is like in real life, things can happen overnight. This time we admit, the change is influenced by bad balancing that needs fixing but in future we are actually thinking of adding these kind of random events to the game, that can change the economy and need urgent actions by the managers.

All in all, it is like in sports, you cannot complain about the track not being fast enough, in fact everyone has the same conditions. Thank you!
But i can complain about some guys having a jump start.
U said that with the update the requirements for the sponsors will rise and some people will have these requirements first day and some wont.
So u have to reset all the requirements as well or nothing.
@Netstand Will changing it now make any difference or just randomly piss off / confuse players? The fact that we've been able to cancel and apply for bigger sponsors since day 2 has made the economy grow way faster than it was intended to, and now you're making a decision that will make the opposite effect. Announcements are not very visible so players who don't read this / get spammed with notifications will be very confused and upset as to why did they not receive their sponsor money.

Personally I do not care what type of changes are made, I just don't think it's good design to make it in the middle of the season.

That is not to say I'm against random events, I think that's ok, but they have to be the right amount of random to avoid them from making the game unfun.
@elkasitu - We will do our best to keep the random events so that they are the right amount. Ofc making the game as fun as possible is our first priority :)
The cluster fuck that was the shortest beta ever, the new amount of money that sponsors was giving should have been tested, instead you now ask players to pay for features in what is still a beta.
I do think there is a money issue yes, but i also think you got greedy and launched the game to early to make money.
the easiest fix would be to make the requirement difference between sponsors much much larger , and make fewer sponors. That way each new sponsor and sponsor slot would be a serious step

Also making the streaming income lower , and pretty much all the revenue and maintainance lower would probably be better on the long term.

Would make the game slower , but more stable i think
@momostar - Sorry for the inconvenience, we will do our best to avoid this trouble in the future. To be honest this project is more of a fan project rather then a business at this point, we are not even close to covering the costs. The reason why we launched the game was that we just needed some extra boost of motivation and that really payed of good, we now have 15 000 teams joined. This gave us enough willpower to push on with the developments. What is so interesting to us is that we are still just scratching the surface here, there are probably 1000s of players who haven't yet heard of our game. That is why we needed to rush with this modification and make it now rather then later in the end game. At this point I actually see this as a interesting event that managers just have to adapt.

@lolozaurusX - That is what we did with the sponsors atm. Streaming income has not yet been touched, but we might. Just need to think it through.
So the best paying sponsor is now called "Gaylord".

I'm okay with it KappaPride
@Netstand The issue here is ppl now expect a finished game.
This is still in beta, there are tons of features not working, instead of calling it an official launch, you should have called it open beta.
We all know now the game is far from finished, it fair it isnt, but then just stick the beta tag on it until everything is implemented for a 1.0 launch
A good game will always try to improve. And when improving you will have issues. I do not have trouble with the fix but I have trouble with the timing since you could do it after the split? Im fully prepared with 5 sponsor slots and a good pr manager. My growth is just slown down.
It's why you shouldn't rush with real start. It's very bad sign that you are not prepared yet for running this game and need few more seasons of beta testing. I was out for weekend and i lost tons of money coz u delete my sponsors o0
Just a post update comment on the sponsor market now. It is unnecessarily top heavy. I'm currently top 3% in team ranked elo, top 7% in team reputation and it seems I'm locked out of nearly half the sponsor market based on both requirements. Not only that but the top paying sponsors actually pay over double what the best sponsor I could get pays.
Seems to me that if the top 7% of the market (going by the worse score for my team, even though I'm locked out on elo too), has access to close to half the sponsors and potentially double the money - it's going to create a very unhealthy economy.
@qutugan - I dont think anyone has access to the top sponsors yet. The sponsors will adapt over time, if they will not receive any takers, they will increase money and lower requirements.
How long would over time be, since now we don't know if we should wait and see if requirements decrease.