Utilities prices swapped?

Is it normal that the maintenance of the utilities cost waaaay more than the initial price? For example: to upgrade to L5 I have to pay $189 initially but pay $9448 daily as maintenance. Wtf is that all about? All the rest of the facilities have a high initial price and a lower maintenance cost. If this is normal can someone please explain me why this is like it is?
Utilities are a service where as you buy other things for good.
Euh what? Care to explain a little better? As I understand utilities work just like the other facilities. You have an initial price and a maintenance cost. But the maintenance cost doesn't seem to be fair to me at all. I get charged every day for $5,249 while I initially bought it for around $100 (one time payment). How are these prices to be compared to the other facilities where you have like an initial price that is 5 to 20 times higher than the maintenance cost?
It's added mostly to create diversity between facilities (so they wouldn't function exactly in the same way), but it has relations to how the real world works as well. For example you don't really buy a cleaning lady as single high cost thing, but you pay her every month a sum. This is why the maintenance is set so high for utilities.