Scout system and energy levels

Scout system

There has been a bug where the money you invested in a scout does not get deducted. Therefore all the investments will be reset. From now on you can invest in the scout as much budget as you have and the daily investment will be reset to 0 after daily update so if you want to invest again you will have to choose the amount again.

The scout system works in a manner where the team with most money invested will get the best available player ordered by solo queue ELO.
The second team gets the second best and so on.

Energy level

There has been a lot of confusion about energy levels.
This is partly because team ranked and solo queue games have been taking effect the next daily update not the daily update where you had settings est for (since the energy lost from them is calculated after those games have been actually played). The reason why they have been later is because the daily update can't know which of your players are actually going to play team ranked as you can change the strategy throughout the day. The reason for solo queue games is simply because they are similar with team ranked and I thought they should act in the same manner.

The player interface will be updated by tomorrow to show what sessions were used to calculate your player energy level.
For example you will be able to see that your player did 1 league game, 5 solo queue games, 4 team ranked, 3 streaming and 2 training sessions.

Besides that I'm going to focus now on the daily update script - making it a lot shorter (the downtime will still stay there for now) and
fix problems with forums (wrong updated date and issues with unread numbers).

After these tasks are implemented I will proceed with other plans.

I have few questions I'd like an opinion on as well.

1) Scout system will get injected with a lot of star players - What do you think of that? Should we limit the influx or is it fine. The thing is why star players exist at all is because I wanted market and scouting to be both viable. Creating a system where the team has one star player means that it would be possible for this team to start filling the weak spots with other team's star players, but still have attachment to that first star player. Maybe the attachment of one player is not enough though? In general though this will not matter as much in few seasons when the 'star players' really aren't as good as experienced team's players because they haven't been trained.

2) What are the next most important features/issues you think we should be focusing on?

Good luck and have fun!
Hey,
first of all thanks for your amazing work, keep going!

1) I think since the stars already affected the market and some players got an big advantage with aditional stars + the fact that stars on market stopped recently and now the other players got no chance of getting one aswell, you should let the star-scout run as planned so the game gets balanced a bit.

2) I would love to see a second strat-page for purple side.
Concerning scout system, maybe limite the influx of star players in the future but let us see how it goes. As you says, scout system needs to be worth the amount of money we put in.
It would be awesome if players had different potentials : for example a player would improve a lot with training whereas another woud have reached his limit.
" In general though this will not matter as much in few seasons when the 'star players' really aren't as good as experienced team's players because they haven't been trained." : to prevent this, it would be really cool if each player had a maximum limit (he can't be better, he has reached his full potential). This would bring balance and prevent this whole game to disavantage new players who come in and see players everywhere with 100+ stats cause they have been trained for 2 years ^^
1) I think one star player is enough, I think having to find a solution for the weak link of the team by training, stats, picks, or buy a new player is better than just fixing the issue by scouting another star player in the role. It also give team a way to reach to the top team because actually the best teams have the sponsors money, the hand on the player market with insane bids due to having more money, can have the best facilities and will get the best players on scout aswell ?

I deeply think it's best not to put star players in the scouting if you want a sane ladder.

2) I think startegy should be focused on next, because for now there's not much strategy you can pull, and basically whatever if you win the early games or not, it's only the teamfights who decide how a game will go. I can have all my players feeds except my mid and win because he went 43/3 in teamfights despite 4 ennemy team players fed.
Sounds good, I really need to get another star player :)
i actually like jogachs ideea as well. players should have some sort of - potential - stat. That would indeed make the game more interesting , but not sure how it would make it fair.

Other then that , i like the whole scout star players ideea. Im just curious if its been alreayd implemented...

-1 star player was never a viable ideea since in the end , during later seasons , the difference between a star player and a non star player will be at best a couple stats since the higher ones stats , the less effective the training.

That means on the long run , star players wont mean much.

That being said , right now there are players with 3-4 star players on their team that have also trained them. Good luck playing vs them during the tournaments for example.
The whole scout players might be a good ideea.... Thats assuming there are more then 1-2 at any given time , so the top 10 economy players dont abuse it
1. I personally think the players from scouting should be generated by the game depending on how many active users there are per day maybe? Relying on inactive accounts seems a little too random and abusable slightly.

2. Fixing the already in game mechanics. Such as each position being meaningful. Looking at you Jungler. And making farm, stay under turret viable options. After fixing the jungler and lane positioning then I would like to see you move on to developing more strategies into the game like split pushing and dragon.
actually what id like most , it would be making each player have a single team. having multiple accounts can offer a huge advantage in strategy building since they can easily scrim each other.

Also , the whole market fiest ....kinda makes me think multiple acounts is a really bad ideea in general
just an idea i'd like to throw into discussion:
how about making your starting players on a new Account "Unsellable"? The only way you'd get rid of them would be letting their contract run out. I honestly think that'd be a fair solution even though the game might still get a lot of starplayers through Scouting.
For the second point, I'd the ability to customize your pick-ban phase based on your side, basically have one champion pick and ban order for blue side and another for purple side.
I think the scout should just generate players itself, it should not rely on others to go inactive. I feel as if that's a bad model and rewards players for just playing around the right time.

I would like to see more strategic diversity. Allow us to set different starts for different sides and individual builds for champs.
you want to keep scouts viable so you want to add star players let me ask you a question but where does that leave the academy seems like the money is not worth the investment if you can get a guarentee star now for less money out of the market and a chance for 1 out of scouting
first off all i think the energy add on of how much activity u had each day u wasted the energy is very helpful , ofc we could always write it down, but seems like a lot of work to keep track of it that is avoided with this addition.

about the scouting i think its great to shake the game a bit. right now there are no good players on the market at any time, so this will create 2 opportunities, -1) get a player right off the scout if u are willing to take the gamble and invest a lot, also u could get a bit behind if u go a little too more crazy than needed to be at top investments, 2) market will get good players again in the market off ppl putting scouted/old players in the market, so it also creates an opportunity in the market if u are not willing to take the scout gamble. so this creates opportunities for people to catch up/lose a bit of ground.

2) about new features idk. current state of the game seems super idle, as there seems to be dominant strats, and seems like ppl are getting closer and closer to the dominant strat, so whoever has better players/energy/facilities has getting an advantage now when all strats are converting. even though the scouting+market changes will help to create opportunities for teams to get better or worse relatively, i still think the add-ons to strategy that are greyed out and maybe others are of need, to create opportunities to "outstrategy" your opponents. also maybe more champs should be added soon, specially for botlane, since you can ban 4 adcs in a game , pick the other, and then someone is stuck on some non ad champ so it seems like the pool falls a bit too short.
"For example you will be able to see that your player did 1 league game, 5 solo queue games, 4 team ranked, 3 streaming and 2 training sessions." It should also display how much energy he losts with those sessions i mean : 1 league game, 5 solo queue games, 4 team ranked, 3 streaming and 2 training sessions, with costs him -30 energy, or something like that I wish you get my point
I'm not really sure why you guys had to stop people from selling star players to the market or why sponsors were made so easy in the first place.
Both changes have really screwed me over(I sold my star player to dump money into sponsors, but now I have crappy sponsors AND I can't buy a star on market).

I think a champion balance sweep with community input would be a good next step. Twitch could use a bump in AOE+TF stats. Soraka should realistically have more UTI than Janna since the tradeoff is no CC, but for some reason Janna is #1 in UTI. I think Corki should have his PHD stat bumped up to match the other ADCs since the way I understand it is how well he scales with those items not how much physical dmg he actually does. Likewise, I think Kayle should have MGD stat bumped up.
tbh not sure i'm a huge fan of scouting just being a silent auction for good players.

it is still a really random system which is never going to provide a reliable ROI.

tbh i would ratehr see it run like scouting would be done more realistically. the scout returns data on x number of players, and the information provided is x% accurate. either you invest more into the scouting of those players to see if they are actually good (improve data accuracy) or you toss the players aside and look for another batch.

currently for teams looking for a specific role there is no real way of filling the position other than getting raped on the transfer market. or heavily investing and still having to wait on either coaches or youth players.

EDIT: Also think it's a poor idea to just throw a pool of very good players into the scoutable players. Players that you pick up from scouting should not already be excellent except for very rare exceptions.
However if there were a stat that effected their ability to improve, then you could pick up potential stars and mould them much like you would see in a more RL scenario.
We should be given some kind of champion mastery indicator to give some sort of idea of how effective the player is with that champ besides guessing.
Something like "Bob is 150% effective on Card Master due to his experience on the champion." "Bob is 80% effective on Pyro Girl due to never player the champion before."
Hi, just a question but when you scout a player it shows their age but I can't find the age anywhere else for my regular players, also does it have any effect in the game?
Awesome! Keep us posted.
well....if u mean potential , they could add a couple of really young players ( like the ones from the academy) in the scouting pool.
Seems like everyone will have only star players now. : /