Season End Announcement and future plans

The first season end is near!

The last games of the season will be played on 23rd August 2016. The new divisions and placements will be generated during 26th August's daily update.

Teams will be placed to divisions according to their Coach Performance Index (CPI) - a combination of team ranked ELO and league position.
If you haven't been focusing on team ranked a lot to raise your CPI, now is the last time to get a higher division placement. There are some issues with League wins and losses where some games were duplicated on the day database got corrupted. Unfortunately I can't fix the wins and losses retrospectively, but in general this shouldn't affect the final positions too much. In a normal season there is 18 games (two against each of your 9 opponents). But this season due to DB corruption some teams might have few more games)

Main focus right now and what's in plan for the future

1. Optimisation

Priority goal is to get daily update back to around 15 minute range. After we've managed it within this range the next goal is to have the daily update within 15 minutes for upto 56k active teams.
It's possible and there is a dev solution working, but it still requires some testing. Hopefully I will be able to launch the new daily update system soon in few days.We are looking and researching different server setups as well - often requests to the page seem to hang and you will have to reclick or it will keep loading. We hope to resolve this with server change.
In general lately we have been working on a lot of scaling issues.

2. UX and general feel of the website

This concerns everything from adding more content for newer players and making everything more transparent in regards to what happens when you actually do something to what
different pages look like. A lot of pages are still underdeveloped and not designed to a point where they should be.

3. Going thorougly over all the bugs and issues that have been reported and making sure the game is as stable.

4. The game simulator

After it's certain that the 3 tasks before are fulfilled I will start focusing on the game simulator again. I want to make sure that everything else is stable first so I can attend fully to the simulator.
This includes balancing strategies and opening new strategy possibilities as well as making replay more informative, giving out more info about the strategy page etc.

5. New features

Progressing from thereon I can start focusing on creating new features. The goal of the new features would be to add more depth to the game as well as give more things to do during the day.
Some of the things I have in mind is for example Champion Buffs and nerfs - they will happen periodically based on the champions most used by high ELO teams. There will be automatically generated patch notes noting which champs were buffed and nerfed and how hard. This will force teams to widen the champion pools of their players and adapt strategically by trying to predict which champions are going to be buffed and or nerfed next. It will also make all champions viable to use at certain points.

Regarding balance and the general idea of the game:

As I originally thought it would be more fun/interesting to create a game where the economy is completely unregulated and everything depends on the actions and decisions the players take there have been a lot of balance concerns.
In general I would like to say that this all should balance in few seasons - the star players users get when the game starts won't be star players for the more experienced teams and won't affect the market or scout system as it has done so far. Also scouts should be more reliable when the solo queue players actually get to their ELOs where they belong. Usually ELO system is deemed accurate when you have played at least 100 games, but with solo queue it can probably take more time in some edge cases. In few seasons though sorting by the ELO with the scout should be fine and you should be getting less RNG based players. There are some other issues ofcourse as well and I will have to think carefully when I try to regulate something so that things would be more fair and wouldn't seem as RNG based. I'd like to think though that a little chaotic economy we have right now gives users a possibility to shine by making some clever decisions. For example someone could have predicted that star supports are going to become expensive and try to take advantage of that.
We do want to create an experience that rewards critical and creative thinking, but of course there has to be a balance between all the possible ways of playing this game and creating such an experience can be complicated.

A lot of my reasoning when developing this game was to have a self-sufficient economy without hard regulation. Ofcourse I'm willing to change up things as the game goes on depending what most feel like how they would want to play this game.

I would like to thank everyone who has been active so far and been patient about the game having a lot of issues right now. I hope that in time this game will be awesome in every manner.
Where does that leave people who want to pay you for custom team icons?

It says we can do it in the store and I've got a pocket of money to burn for my teams icon to be tied to them.

:3
@WDwoof 20 games is what I've gathered

Edit: I gathered wrong
It's 18 games (2*9 as you have 9 teams to play against), but some teams may have a few more games due to DB corruption on Saturday. I will edit this into the main post as well.
Im only in top 8% of Coach performance score but in league i'm 16-0 :<

Hope i'll gonna get place in 1st division
Will champion buffs and nerfs follow the official League of Legends game? In my opinion this is LoL based game, it should have the same features as many possible, including champions' strenghts and weaknesses, thus official patch notes. For example Gangplank should be the best top laner, and not Jax.
So you're not planning on adding more champions? :(
just dropping some love y3 . keep going!
Sorry but i feel like that CPI is a complete waste.
Hidden elo is probably the most accurate indicator you have in this game as every team should have played some hundred games this season.

Instead you use an indicator that consists in some way of your league position and your team ranked elo?
Like whats the point of playing team ranked atall?
Its to either play for being 1. in ladder or for getting sponsors.
And you didnt need it for sponsors atall at the beginning and now u have 20days contracts so u didnt need it either lol
And at the same time u say that the league position might be bugged for some ppl.
I wanted to make sure that I understood this correctly.

Based on how the divisions are split in the wiki, does that mean that if I have a CPI rank between 211-850 according to the daily reports then I should expect to fall into Division 4?
Yep, you are correct, Angelus
Oh, this was mentioned in the chat again.

Since champion mastery is real now and synergy as well (?), there should be some sort of official update on it, just to be fair to people, who are not lurking in the chat.
So it means that even if i'm not the first of my division i might be promoted? Yay!
You are all beautiful.
Wow so much depth is being added to the game, especially if that nerf/buff change actually happens O_O crazy
I really like the idea of nerf/buffs. That will make the game a lot more interesting because I would actually have to change my strategy often.
patch is interesting.... but what abou new champion?
What about champions, will more be added/do you plan on adding all?