Season 3 end announcement

Hi,

season 3 is ending and season 4 will start after 13.10.2016 daily's update.
Big congratulations to everyone winning their division and especially to team Smokeweed69 who managed to come first in the top league despite having to deal with the habits which his name is implying. Also to everyone who did well in Div 2#1, my condolences for having such a tough division.

Unfortunately as I've been diving deep into the game simulator I didn't prioritise the promotion system which will still work with the old algorithm, except for a minor fix which is supposed to make divisions more balanced as the last algorithm had a bug which made Div 2#1 for example unbearably strong and any other 1st division for that matter. I might reshuffle the divisions completely so they would be as fair as possible for the upcoming season.

About the game sim:

Here is the documentation for the next version. It is a little bit outdated already, but I'll update it soon:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/148Jl-Hfy8yBqwE9-nLd9FJ-_QpSoQiZnZnvz7KxFI04/edit

Here is a glimpse of the new strategy page (this is still undesigned as for example range sliders for builds will be reworked into something more usable and beautiful), but you will still see the options you will have for the next game sim.
https://slack-files.com/T02FQN29R-F2N88J2M6-167c359f77
Glimpse of new player stats:
https://slack-files.com/T02FQN29R-F2N8BV0TG-0660580817

The exact priorities/goals for the sim right now are:
1. Making all options possibly viable in certain circumstances. (The laning style, jungler ganks, who carries the team, different team strategies etc).
2. Making the gameflow more realistic.
3. Making use of ALL current champion stats.
4. Making use of ALL player skills.
5. Making it more intuitive as what should work and what not.
6. Applying feedback given in the feature discussion section.
7. Making replay give more feedback (more relevant statistics, indicators whether the guy TP'd or simply got killed, etc)
8. Generally organising and refactoring a lot of code, but who cares about that? Except it will make further developments easier.

Good luck to everyone for the upcoming Season 4!

The general goals and progress:

As I've stated previously in it's current state I consider the game only around 10% of what it potentially should be to make this game great to play for everyone. Extremely grandiose thanks to people who have been playing this game so far, showing their interest and keeping us motivated! With the new sim changes I'm hoping to raise this % somewhat. After this I will start concentrating on a lot of the visual aspects, achievements, graphs to appeal more to new players and throw out more features with goal in mind to release more of that sweet DOPAMINE in the brains of the players of this game.

We are also still in the process of negotiating with potential investors and looking for ones, but we already have a deal with someone who's dedicated some $ for us to use, but only to find people (extra developer) outside our own circle to help us with the game and a little bit for some marketing purposes.

Thank you and good luck!
More strategic options @.@

Great work!
Thank you Henri, hope you find some investors asap.
Nice news, i just hope that all that strategy options makes something, not like utilite right now that don't do nothing.

Build options should automatically chane sliders to not pass 100%, it's a pain when it gives you bad build and you need to make the all build again.
I really enjoy and love what the game is going to be. :-) Very nice !
Insane job. That game enjoys me so hard, nice.
So a few questions:
How are you going to implement those new stats in the current players? Like are you going to give them a random stat based on their current stats or what. Also with the amount of gold you back, how do we know how much an item costs or is it something like 500 gold = 10 ad ( as an example )
Next version looks very cool ! good job
Keep it up guys! Doing a great job :)
@Menneke93:
I don't want the new stats implemented be random.
I see two options.

First option is they all start at same in a low value somewhere like (0 - 10).

The second option is that they are generated based on current ADC, TOP, MID, JUN, TOP stats based on what would seem a logical formula for that. So that if you have some laning skills you might find fresh stats higher as well scaling linearly based on your current player.

The items won't exist yet in the sim. So essentially if you back with 1000 gold and you have 10% of armor you will earn armor worth of 100 gold etc. If the items did exist in the sim then these should perhaps be choosable in the strategy, which could be possible to do, but maybe it would make strategy a little bit too complex, but maybe not and it would be fun so a decent idea (you can effectively design your player build by choosing the exact items instead of assigning % values). But it would get quite complicated in a sense where you will have to start choosing all the builds for a player based on all the potential champ pool he has etc.
Fantastic news on the sim update. Let the elo gods be kind to who ever wants their hall of fame entry this year.

If you were to increase the complexity of your simulator, would you consider both a simple and advanced strategy page?
@Henri
Yeah i think that the best option is to base the new stats around the current stats, makes sense that a player with higher skill also have those higher. And for items i would like to see that mabye in the future, complexity isn't bad, this gives more options and also heightens the skill level of the players cause you need to adapt more. For example: your toplaner is ahead, let him buy more damage, if he's behind make him go full tank.
Its nice to see an old draft of the game simulator, it really shows how flawed the current version is.
Can we maybe also get a glimpse on the new game simulator wich is supposed to be finished by 18th of october? I would really love to see how it will help bringing in diversity.
@Henri

"Vision spenditure
The more you spend the harder it is to gank, but less items you have."
I would add : the more you spend, the faster you react to ennemy positioning when grouping. Or something that helps late game decisionning.
I'll continue my wait for the new game engine, Hopefully that shall give this game some more life.

Also pls fix Div 2 #1, I hate this place, let me out.
@Salvarity

Your sad you are stuck here with us? We are stuck here with you
Thx for jobs.

I finished 1st with 18/0 in DIV5, the algorithm will have to take into account. In any case, bravo for your game and it continues
Sounds awesome!