• Forum
  • Updates
  • Transfer market update and suggestions required

Transfer market update and suggestions required

Hi,

transfer market changes:

1. Bidding system reworked where you can choose the bid amount yourself. The rule is that bid has to be at least 4% higher than the previous bid though to avoid messing with the system by increasing the bids by $1.

2. Some data removed and added to transfer market view and another special more detailed view introduced where the bidding takes place when you press the 'view' button.

As a side question I would like to get feedback on how the starting bid limit should be treated?
Right now it's 100k limit when you put a player on market, but should it:
1. Be higher limit?
2. Be unlimited?
3. Be a limit based on some formula that takes into account what the player stats are and tries to appropriately limit it at what could potentially be the value for this player on the transfer market?

Another big news is that from Monday a new full-time developer will join the project and start working with us.
I believe things will start working faster in general from now. I will still be focusing what I figure 50% of my available time on simulator, making sure the AI decisions become ideal and things are balanced and 50% of the time on other features while the other new developer can start focusing on new features and improving the old ones. He will probably be focusing a lot on adding more visual and graphics to the game as well to make it attractive for new players and make it in general less dull compared to what the UI seems like now.

I would also like feedback on following questions when moving forwards from here -

1. What do you think we should be concentrating on primarily?
2. What are some features we could implement to make the game more attractive for new players?
3. What are some features we could implement to make the game more interesting for longer term users?
4. What are the most important features that should be reworked/improved right now?
5. If you have any other suggestions/feedback, please feel free to share them.

Thank you and good luck!
Greetings!

As for the side question: the third option is the best and most dynamic in my opinion.

As for the other questions:
1. The replay feature would be the most interesting for players I feel. That's where I suggest you direct your efforts at the moment.
2. Tooltips. What is a Baron? What is a Dragon? What is ADC? Some of these tooltips exist, but not all I feel. More and clearer tooltips could really help new players (like me)
3. Perhaps some progression based system? For example, a higher ranked team would have access to different types of sponsorship deals. Maybe introduce the idea of LAN tournaments, so higher ranked teams could go to LAN events, for which they would have to organize flights, hotels, etc. Could be an interesting feature and initiative to keep playing.
4. Terminology. A lot of the current terminology resembles League to the extent that it is off-putting/confusing to DotA 2 players like me.
5. Don't have anything else to add. Keep up the good work!

EDIT: 5. Add a counter for upcoming solo q games for individual players. Would be nice to know when I should check my players elo again.
For the formula, i was thinking about a starting price according to the total amount of investment put in the player, which should be close to a player's stats based formula.
Because now, when you invest 1 million for a 13 yo player and train him for 25 days for 100k/day and end up with a bad sale, well that's a bit frustrating.
Where your player cost you around 3.5 millions and you sell it 500k, ofc it's your fault to sell it this early (people are not that interested - you should wait and train a little bit more for extra stats - you should sell it another time of the day), but it's also not satisfying at all.

So my guess is a maximum price so when you put the player on the market the price can be equal to the amount of investment, then if no one buy it under 24h you understand you messed somewhere but you keep your player because no one bid on it.

Also, we can think about a mechanic to send back players to the academy, what do you think ?
For these questions:
1. Be higher limit?
2. Be unlimited?
3. Be a limit based on some formula that takes into account what the player stats are and tries to appropriately limit it at what could potentially be the value for this player on the transfer market?

I think there should be some degree of risk if we want to sell a player. otherwise it hsould not be unlimited. Or i could put all my players everyday in market for absurds amounts, and i would never have a downside, eventually maybe i get a random bid and get paid huge, otherwise i stay the same. For this reason it has to be a minimum limit such as if you sell for that or higher to some extent, you will be worse off, and thats the risk of putting a player to sell in the market.

With this said it should be totally higher than 100k. this was fine in the beginning when economies were still beginning, game was low scale. and that money was a lot already. 100k now in the global context of the market and with time value of money is probably 10k at the time or smth like that. On top of that there are players with more value, probably not more relative value bue like u can invest 5M in one YA to sell or smth. and 100k minimum gives you a huge interval where u will be losing a lot if you are unlucky. For these reasons 100k is no longer a value that makes sense in this context.

So i think either move that value up to a new max, or make that formula you talked about. probably the formula was better. however the formula can potential get less adjusted as time goes on and then we have to adapt it again and are at the same point as now. So maybe include something in the formula that is a variable that is linked to the overall money in the economy, or the average money in the market, then it will adjust itself over time. Also the players skills are relative, so maybe you can also make it have a relative value to all the players in the game when judging his value. But probably this would be more complicated. But if you do formulas like that i guess when you can figure out the proper coefficients for the variables and how to set the variables with a good common sense. then you have it fixed eventually like forever auto adjusted properly
1. What do you think we should be concentrating on primarily?
2. What are some features we could implement to make the game more attractive for new players?
3. What are some features we could implement to make the game more interesting for longer term users?
4. What are the most important features that should be reworked/improved right now?
5. If you have any other suggestions/feedback, please feel free to share them.

I think now that strats/game engine was refreshed its time to focus more on the visual part of the game. and include new features. There are already some good ideas going on that have been talked about recently in discord and so , so i wont emphasize those ones. I think having cups besides league would make it more interesting for both new players and old players. And allow to make catch up mechanisms. Idk about the format. It could be like each league 1 , 2 (...), 7 have a cup for each one then get a prize the top % that is not higher for the higher leagues (so it doesnt increase the gap) idk smth like this. This idea would increase competition and play people from similar levels but from different divisions. Increase hype since everyday there were like games at same time and maybe some were rly close and it was smth easier to follow than league games idk. Problem with this would maybe be the dimension of leagues. But to correct for this if needed maybe make teams with not enough players or afk trainers insta not participate or something, so we have less low league teams when this happens a lot. and higher divisions maybe we could group like div 1 + 2 for example so the amount of teams is more reasonable. or div 1 cup would be boring. do it lik div 1+2 maybe 3 idk. and then 3+4 and 6+7 , discount the 'bots' teams. idk a format that seems reasonable. with this = more hype, ways to catch up for people that are good but will be always behind for a very long time cuz later ya, worse players and economy, facilities, etc ( X money for them >>> X money for top teams in relative terms, so if prizes wouldnt be higher or much higher for higher league teams this would make a smooth catch up system), interaction between people, more competitions to care about, etc.

So i think that idea is pretty neat, with a lot of upsides and no relevant downsides i can think of as long as it is feasible
for the biddingsystem id like to see that i can choose my bid myself. if its possible i think it would be nice if your bid is "hidden" and the actual bid is going up by like 5%
maybe its easier to understand with an example.
the bid would be 100.000 ; now u bid 150.000 but it shows 105.000 ; your max offer will still be 150.000 and until thats met, the player would be yours to get. If someone else would be willing to pay 200.000 the "hidden bid" would be somewhere around 155.000 and u would have to bid more than 200.000
sry, i dont know how to explain that better.
I really would to see some champion changes or role adjustments. There are plenty champions in the pool but I think Rocket Girl & Boomerang are the most picked ADC's in games. Or Card Master and Evil Master in mid. Dunno if it's possible but if there is champion [for further more some environment(?) changes most likely on objectives] I would like to see.

The game is dominated as long as the existence of some pocket picks and strategy prefs but we could not make league matchs more competetive? IF this happens the I believe that managers will be started to take this on more seriously such as they may do some opponent analysis before their skirmish.

What do you think?