New daily development updates

Hi,

to let people know more about what me and Mikk are exactly doing daily then we are going to be logging our daily activities and reporting them at the end of the day as an update. Please keep in mind that it will take some time for a new dev to live into the project as well as making sure the development environment works. And for me this game is not yet a full time job although I can spend usually over 60% of my general work time on the project, I still have to help around at our digital agency.

I hope to be transparent in our progress by starting the log and as well I hope that we can gather all the issues, problems and questions in this thread. I will read all the responses in the morning and answer them here. As there have been problems with missing information I hope this to be the main way to get answers to questions from devs so everyone will have the same opportunity to go over information instead of me answering through Discord or to someone privately. Then there will be one reference point for me to see what the issues are and also a single reference point for all the answers. This should boost productivity, general workflow and communication between the development team and the community.

So the general daily plan will be:

1. In the morning reading all the responses and answers.
2. Work, work, work
3. Read and answer rest of the responses in the previous thread and create a new thread with this day's activities.

Henri's Log

Prioritize upcoming tasks according to community feedback
Implement new system for notifications after daily update
Add notification when coach expired
Add notification when coaches are about to expire (2 days or less left)
Do some autumn tournament related planning and activities
Fix some player skills that had too low laning and knowledge
Start implementing new tournament system allowing for potential weekly and custom tournaments. Also to refactor the upcoming tournament system.

Mikk's Log

Fix symbolic links in workspace
Fixed "no content" views for some tables
Setup and improve development environment
Started working on match stats view

General

Plan on using Jira
Setting up Mikk's development environment

Good luck and have fun!
please make a theme that shows us a DOTA-like equivalent for everything here
@jomarinesh

Thank you for your input and suggestions, but unfortunately DOTA like theme probably won't be a nearby future thing.

Based on the feedback gathered from the subreddit it wouldn't be enough to make this game have enough appeal for the dota community due to the meta differences between the two games. As positioning of roles can be a lot more versatile and different compared to LoL. As well as various strategic aspects which involve remaking the game simulator.

What we should do and probably will do soon though is add tooltips clarifying what essentially everything means. What does the baron and dragon exactly give and what do the roles in general mean.

We would need to think that perhaps it would make more sense to develop a branch from this game catered specifically for DotA fans. But this is a thing when this game hits off.

However if there are any willing community members who have spare time then it would be possible to create a chrome plugin to switch out the LoL related terms with DotA's terms. It would be highly appreciated if someone would take up the job!