About tournament and the smurfing situation

Hi,

there is a problem with users having several teams on the tournament. In a case where a user has more than one team in the top 3 at the end of the tournament the second prize will move onto a next unique person ordered by the finishing position in the tournament.

Unfortunately this is the best we can do for this tournament and I understand it's still unfair.

In order to solve this in the future the steps we will take after completing work on upcoming features:

1) Clear rules with terms and conditions for the game.
2) Disallow multiple accounts, however one account will be able to hold several teams. I don't think we can enforce a rule against smurfing before doing that.
3) Undercover system that tracks smurflike behaviour in order to enforce the multiple account system. The exact methods the system uses will be hidden.

Good luck at the tourney!
Very good news. There are so much abuse with Smurfing. Not only in tournaments...
Sorry, still abit new here, how does an account have more than one team?
That's a good call. Smurfing isn't technically wrong in itself, but when it's used to get more prizes, it becomes wrong.
@Daybreaker
This is not a feature yet! Just upcoming.
So we gotta wait for another announcement.
Good decision
I played many online games, and only this one allow one user to have multi accounts.
Any other game ban user that have more than one account, even if they don't make transfers between accounts.
For me, one user = one team/one account
Thanks for the point R3C.

More discussion would be appreciated on the topic
whether multiple teams should be allowed for one account.
I don't like the idea of having mutiple teams for one account. That's probably because I am too lazy.

The problems I see here is, that a second team of a bigger account/organisation has good facilites vs none of a real new team. This might be frustrating for new people (?).

League restriction should be a thing then. Like the teams should not be able to play in the same tournament,league, maybe even divison.

What about things like reputation. Two teams means you have more teamrankeds = more reputation. Maybe I would abuse my second team just to farm reputation. (losing on purpose to get easier matches the next day).
The main team is holding the necessary team elo/star player elo anyway.
The reputation requierements for sponsorships will raise again and therefore the money drops again.
This is already a problem.
Just a few problems of facility sharing.

If both teams have their own facility etc, I'will not see the difference to the current situation.
What's the point of that beside making "smurf" detection a little bit easier.
I'd like to clarify that if you have multiple teams they are not connected in anyway. They will have separate facilities and everything. The system would be essentially the same as if you were smurfing right now except that we could create programmatic restrictions such as

1) No tranfers between those teams.
2) Both teams can't fall into the same division

And anything else really that could benefit the interaction of having several teams.

The reason for that is because some people would smurf anyway and then it'd be rather to have the smurfing completely under our control so there would be possible smurfing but no cheating or benefits from smurfing except perhaps more game knowledge gathered.
What about pricemoney for your leaguestanding?
This was a planned feature, wasn't it?

A second team, blocked for promotion, would farm the first place money for multiple seasons probably.
Not sure if this is even a problem, since we do not know the values yet.

It's at least a helpful step to control the smurf situation, so why not.