First players retiring in 11 days

Hi,

the first players are about to retire. Since I haven't given any clear indication or rules on what should happen I'd like your opinion on what should happen.

The options I can think of are:

1) Once the player reaches age 25 you simply won't be able to extend his contract any more. It would still be possible to have the player after age 25, but just until the contract ends.

2) The player contract will end no matter what when he reaches age 25 and after that he will be attained to your team history as a retired player. You won't be able to use him, but there will still be a mark left for your team that the player existed.

3) Once the player reaches age of 25 you will be able to choose whether you want to hire this player as a coach under normal terms (you will still lose him and he will go back to the market once the coach contract ends). The skills for the coach are created appropriately according to what the player stats were.

-----------------

Let me know what you think the solution should be and I will take the decision in 48 hours and after this create the system in time.

Good luck!
I wish there was the option to turn them into a coach that would be able to be rehired after a period, kind of in a way to honor the fact that you'd kept a player that long, as well as the second option there.

Was kinda hoping that we'd have a revamped coach system by now though, was the main reason i even kept some of them as players in the first place.
My honest opinion here.

I'm not looking forward to losing any of my players. I've spend a lot of time in training them, following up their stats etc.. The 5 players on my roster are still the players that I got from the start, the ones that I could name myself, I trained them to the high stats that they have now and I don't want to start over again and I don't really want to hire players from the market either. I really wish I could keep them forever or at least that they wouldn't age so quickly...

I really don't wanna start "bidding" on players in the market because that's straight up hell. Players with decent stats are waaaay too overpriced. And you run the chance that someone overbids you anyways so it can take a couple days to get a new player from there. And even when you get a player from the market or even from your scout, they have stupid ass names that I don't like. (and no I'm not going to subscribe just so I can change the names of my players) To be fair, I might lose interest in playing this game if my players get removed.

Sorry for this negative post but that's my honest opinion. Some people might feel the same as I, I don't know. Just letting you guys now how I feel about it.

Edit: I do understand that for this game to be a realistic manager game players have to age and rosters need to be adjusted. But I think it's just happening way too fast. Like cmon, how long have we been playing this game? 4 months-ish? Idk exactly but it's just too fast. I would have hoped that I could hold on to my my players somewhat longer.
Market prizes skyrocketing inc :D

EDIT: ye most ppl assumed 1) and planned there strategy after that including myself. To retire after 25 no matter what in 11days would be a desaster for most of us i think, cuz we werent aware of that and dont have enough time now to rebuild a team.
Coach into market again would flood the coach market and since i have a strong bond with him, i dont want him to end up on another team :D
A mix of 1) and 2) would be great, like "you cant extend his contract after 25, but he still exist after 25. When he finally retires, add him to team history.
Make it so they can become a coach (Maybe make something like an "analyst" which does not take up a staff spot and has their own separate slots and can give training sessions as well but less?)

And id like to have the team history thing as well that would be pretty cool, maybe with a total soloq record and games played for the team (if this is possible ofc) and KDA and stuff. That would be pretty sweet
We were mostly under the impression number 1 would happen, some people have planned accordingly. Also number 3 has little effect on the team making the decision. What if the player makes the decision himself to become a coach or not.
(sorry for my english)
i have the same opinion of Creative ...
i subscribe first day to have the name of player i want ... i spend lot of time to training their
if i loose my 5 first players ... it's like i start from 0 ... for me the game is over.
The most realistic scenario in the confines of a management game would probably be to prohibit player over the age of 25 to be rostered or train(no longer have them show up in the strategy screen or training screen). While simultaneously increasing the rate at which their skills deteriorate. This way people can keep their superstars around and profit from those last couple of months of stream revenue until the player has lost his value completely.

But I expect the most fun(and the most in line with a management game) is a variation on option 2. We prevent contracts of being extended and then offer users the ability of showcasing their favourite old players on their profile page. With as many brag-stats as can be found(longest soloque winstreak, peak ELO, highest stat). That would create a tidy endpoint for players and still allow users to bask in the glory of their former players.
Why not both of them ?
You cannot extend the contract, but when it ends you can chose to turn them into coach or just let them vanish, and then their name is somehow written in your team history.

A third option i like :
When a player is old, some skills decrease, others don't. Like lane skills decrease but personality doesn't.
So having an old player playing in ranked is not worth, but turning him into a streamer can be worth. Then you don't have to retire the player.

25 yo is a limit for competitiv players, but streamers exist and can be older than 25 yo.
So what we can do is let us extend the contracts but unable us to train after players reach 25 years so streamers won't be godlike streamers and competitiv players will decrease. What do you think ?

EDIT : But if i had to chose : it is 1 then 3 in order of preferences.
Still like the idea to be able to keep them as a streamer somehow. So +1 for Pacotille.

1), because it was announced this way.

Would like to see the history for players, who I got for like x seasons.
I don't want to have that old guy, who played half a season for me, in my history.
The one, who played five seasons, but got kicked due to w/e, should be in the history.
don't know why people are "mad" that they will lose their starting players, it was bound to happen. you just can't have the same players in your team forever. develop new talent in the youth academy(you can also rename those players btw). as for what to do, i also thought that at 25 you can't extend contract anymore and they just retire/beome a coach after contract has ended after 25 years old so i would like that
It would be better, if we had a chance of retiring every time he reaches 2 months after the 25 years, there are pro players that retire at 27-28.
Retiring with 100% at age 29.

http://evilgeniuses.gg/Profile/13,Fear/
Example he retired at 28, at 27 he won the International.

Or turn them into staff, or full time streamers.
It will be nice if they can become coach or as a steamer. They can't play any Ranked/Leage games tho.
I just wish it was affordable to replace people. I am about to lose a lot of players soon and it's simply not possible to buy new players. Similar stat players are at 2 million plus and I bet 90% of teams don't make that money.

Other issue I am having is I can only train one role in the academy. So when 4 players retire I will only have 1 to replace them with.
Retired players MUST be able to be hired as streamers.
I would prefer, and honestly expected, 1 but the option of having them in your team history like in 2 is pretty cool. I would prefer them combining honestly.

Honestly why do we need a retirement system at all, the training decay is pretty brutal anyway and will force people to change their players eventually. Else they will be running with a bunch of zero stats.
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
You don't see coming the problem with that ?

In the few days/weeks, all the players from the first day teams will "disappear", and so, lots of new players, in a short period of time, will be needed to replace them.

I don't think there is currently enough young players train by the teams in academy (due to the high difficulty/money/time to train a full roster) to fill the great lack of players the retirement will causes.

Sorry for my probable bad english. x)
This is bullshit. Just bought 24 y/o player, rip money? Look at the guys playing in RL, some of them are over 24.
I really wouldnt like this change. Like I understand it but I think you should have the choice to retire them(yourself and not forced) or that you can choose for them to become apart of staff.
Alright right now I'm leaning towards a system where after the player has reached his retiring age the manager has 3 options open:

1) Keep the player in the team
2) Retire player and the player becomes a coach
3) Retire player to have the player in the team's hall of fame or history view

The player can choose 2) and 3) any time after reaching age of 25. The skill decay will be a soft cap on for when the player becomes unusable.

If we go with the coach option, we will have to refactor the current coach system a little bit, but I'd talk about it more later on.
Thats a good solution!
I think it is realistic this way, it's the manager's duty to retire a player when it's appropriate, if it means the team's doom because no better player is in replacement already, then keeping him for a while is a good choice for the manager. This way we will assume their decay and we will both be able to retire them in Valhalla !

Great decision Henri, really nice !
Hiring the players as coaches is the best option. Also a revamp of the coach system would be appreciated since most good coaches are hired and then fired just to make their price unresonable for low and mid tier players
@Henri with the first retirements coming up shortly it might be wise implement this system in increments so every module receives the attention it requires. I'd argue that this game will benefit from you and your team not getting rushed into things.

Also you keep saying their 'retiring age' instead of 25 and in my player list I see some of my players are due for retirement at 23. Is that something you can motivate for us?
It will be very great if we can have mutiple option to keep the retired player.
E.g.
1. keep the player in team but only allowed to play streaming and solo q game.
2. become permanent/renewable coach/PR.
3. to help in scout or academy (increase the effectiveness of scout or academy or reducing the cost etc.)
4. Get special sponsor from him till some point of age after 25.
With these changes I will be taking my leave.

Thanks for the game though! Was lovely while it lasted