More visuals! ...and other stuff

Hello everybody this is my first post here ever. So I have been playing mobamanager for couple of weeks now and it has been pretty fun! So I just wanted to share (without ofcourse doing any research if these things have suggested allready) couple of things and hear what you guys think.

1. Visuals

So I think that there should be some more visuals to help players to plan better and make the interface easier for new players. I made a quick picture what I mean by this: http://imgur.com/SwktRie - I divided the planning to am and pm to make the daily routine for maybe easier to handle it. This is rather micro management for your players daily routine and if the players wouldn't want to do this there could be the system that there is in place now where you can say to do things certain amount and there would be the results.
I think the planning should be done in hours rather than sessions if your player/team has faster games then there would obviously have more or less games on them. It would be nice if this simple pie chart that I made of the day would when cursor placed on to them tell player what the benefits and drawbacks are of these actions that you are doing these and it would be a lot easier to determine if your team has analyzer as a staff member as it gives you a prediction rather than the precise number (you could have yesterdays number on the right side of the prediction to maybe give hints where the stats will change). I think this would benefit the new players greatly the older players atm know the how much you can give stress to your players.

2. Personality

I think that personality should be replaced as CHARISMA. The personality should be it's own tab all together where the teams player is someone who is good with pressure or does he tilt? Is the player more aggressive or passive does he do good in team or is he the kind of guy you would rather have as a streamer (or a sub irl). This Personality tab could give you information how is your player doing with the other members on the team for example an aggressive adc could be having issues with the passive playing support giving them some minus stats in the game. Then the charisma would be the streaming stat I mean you can be a douche but if you are charismatic douche then it could bring that stream money even if the player wouldn't be suited for the team. The picture has a couple of visuals for the personality like a little message what the player is feeling example: "Beds are too rough it is making my back hurt!" or "Our new house a pool whadap!" stuff like that, this could be affected by the personality of the player, moody or aggressive players could have more complaints or positive stuff to tell.

3. Coaches

Ok so I would love to rehire my coaches if they are happy with me can I do that? Negotiate a new deal maybe before they go away.

4. Players getting better

Why is it that players need coaches to get better? Don't they get better by playing the game? The coaches understandably help and should give mad boosts for the players more than they would by their own but still! I think that soloque games should give boosts on the roles that they do in the soloque games rather than the players withering away into nothingness slowly if there is no coach teaching them. I mean how did the new teams gamers get to the stats in 20 years where they start if they didn't have coaching! I think it should be done so if my player plays solo que game in top lane he should get some top lane experience from that rather than somehow the game is sucking the soul out of the player. I mean the retired pro players that have started streaming aren't getting worse in the game but I can see that they aren't getting better at the same rate when they were in a team right?

So here is things that I was wondering and some suggestions ! I am sorry if there is typos and stuff like that I am not a native speaker of English and I am kinda lazy to proof read so meh.
Point 1. I love it, I have been saying the game needs more visual stuff for a while. I see you want to add more personality to the players too with a profile picture. I also love this, just adds more emotion and feeling to the players.

One point I did pick up on was variable energy per sessions depending on game length. I dislike this, It makes it difficult to plan energy usage and also creates an RNG factor.

Point 2. I feel personality and streaming as a whole needs some work. The fact I can train a superstar player and he is also good at streaming feels a bit wrong. They simply have no flaws or downsides. Players need to make a choice between streaming and playing well, but that's not really your point.

Definitely an idea ripped from football manager. It gives a bit more of a challenge, however each message must be linked to a decision that you can make as a manager to influence their mood. Beds being too hard might be a genuine concern for the virtual player, but if I have no control over the stiffness of the beds then it's simply a useless prompt that I can not influence. A new contract for example is something I can influence in game.

There are 2 ways I can see this being used, it could either be used as a beginners tool to focus the player to upgrade certain facilities or do a certain action. This would guide the player through the early game but fall off when they reach a certain level unless they were making mistakes.

The 2nd way it could be used, probably what you were picturing is that it provides a challenge every so often for the player. As I stated above, each challenge must be something the player has control over. The challenge could have a small impact or a large one but this could end up being a nuance to the user if for example one of their players wanted a coach to be fired or have unacceptable demands. It could lead to a negative player experience.

Overall I like it, but feel the game needs to add more depth to really do this idea justice.

I also feel a lot more of the stats can be added under a mental category, such as knowledge, leadership and aggression.

point 3. Coaches re-hire, this is for a reason. For example if you have a perfect 10 PR manager or the perfect coach for $100 per day, why would you ever not re-hire them? This gives more decision making, more competition and more variety. I do think the coaches bidding system can be improved but I am simply happy with filters for now ^_^ <3 @Mikk

Point 4. Think of it this way, I want to make my players the best so I will discover the most optimal way to do it. If you add stat boosts to solo queue or what ever, all it does is add in another factor to consider in my training schedule. It would add an interesting dynamic where to get the best players you would simply need to drop streaming, which I quite like. Also remember with champion mastery, you actually do already get better at specific champions. So there is a competitive value in it.
Ah thank you for the kind words ! Gonna keep up this discussion.

Yes making the players personal would make the market more fun too to see what the earlier person visioned for that player. Maybe not to make it so that you can troll like crazy with weird pictures it would say cost some game money? Like let's say what they do in real life: Photoshoot. You pay 10k or more to get your players picture taken meaning you can upload a image of an player, you want to upgrade your players picture (re-upload new picture) that could cost 20k and so on. This means that you can do stuff more personal and the new players wouldn't really care to do that in the beginning just because it is extra expenses without any real pay (expect visual). But if you play like a week you get around half a million and you have that star player and want to give him a face or a symbol to him that would be nice :)

It is true that the hour system would bring this out that the games bring out the random factor of games lasting longer or quicker but isn't it a real life factor? There could be a slider for what judgement calls does the player make on different sessions for example "Never be late for x" or "15-30min late for Rest" this would indeed mean that the player would need to priority to have a pro player that can't do everything like they do in real life too.

True the original point here wasn't that players are good at everything but the point that you bring out is a real valid. It is true that some people want to see that high-end action on stream but not everybody some people want to watch people who are funny and/or charismatic streamers but getting the everything on same packaging just because you were a gene manipulated money eating 13year old moba player straight from the academy tab feels strange.

These points where to use this messaging box from the players were really great the first was what I was thinking at first so here is a little discussion for that: These messages could be hints for players that maybe even if my players are living in a mansion they are still sleeping on a swimming pool toys so I as a manager should buy couple of levels more in sleeping area. If things aren't out of whack they say general "Just ate delicious meal from the cook!" acknowledging that the house has a cook and he does meals but not being something that you need to do actions for. Just giving more of that realism to the game :D

This second point I didn't even think of and it sounds awesome. At first when I opened the coaches tab I saw that the coaches has personality too and I thought: "Nice so you can get a coach that is a really good at these stuff but has a crappy personality and isn't nice to work with." until I took a moment to realize they just train you to be more... Special? And low PER for coach means that person isn't good at coaching that. This feels more like an something that not an coach should be teaching rather it should be an other type of staff member like an actors instructor? Or something like that. So yes these conflicts would be awesome.

Yes this is true but that's why it is here in suggestions forum right?

Yes mental or personality category I think you can teach these stuff for people but it should be an option only for very young players and at certain age they would become stubborn, aggressive and/or a leader :)

I think that you should be able to re-hire a coach and it is true that paying a awesome coach a 100 bucks indefinitely then there could be an system when you have 24 hours of contract left on coach you can try to re-bid him with a new or old amount of money but the other players could snatch the coach away. But yeah I think it is strange that you can't rehire staff what you can do maybe normally. Maybe they could ask for a raise everytime you rehire them.

I don't just get why the players keep getting worse for playing solo queue? I think the number one thing that coach would tell you to get better if you play moba games that you need to surprise surprise play the game. Your point here is a good one too for the player being better at playing the game it is you as a manager important to make that decision do you make your players play more so they learn more or get you more money by streaming.
Definitely liking all the suggestions here in this post. I will put this topic in our schedule for our next planning meeting and we will definitely discuss these ideas internally.

Thank you for this suggestion :)
How about the tactics scout/advisor staff based on enemy's past games. It is like blind battles. I don't know what strategy that opponent use. It is hard to counter some strategies. This might help new comers to understand more about strategy.
I do agree that the players need more depth. As you guys said, playing the game should make you a better player with or without a coach. Even if the coach is a good boost to growing better, playing is still enough to see a little growth. This would be pretty nice because right now, you need a high amount of coaches just to keep your game players good, and yet the players that stream don't get any better, they deteriorate pretty fast.

And i also agree with most of the points you stated. Today, I log in and have a look around, checking the different tabs and looking for something interesting to do. Except there isn't much to do and so i really think adding the depth and complexity with player personalities and thoughts could get you thinking about how to solve the problems that come up.
@Creative Add depth not complexity. Complexity os the amount of knowledge required to make a decision, depth is the amount of decisions the user has at their disposal.
Ah yes sorry, i got a little carried away :p
@Ed

"Think of it this way, I want to make my players the best so I will discover the most optimal way to do it. If you add stat boosts to solo queue or what ever, all it does is add in another factor to consider in my training schedule. It would add an interesting dynamic where to get the best players you would simply need to drop streaming, which I quite like."

"simply need to drop streaming"

I highly expect them to change this, it's an esports manager which is supposed to be realistic, during the season players never stream if you think about pro play, to fix this they can maybe have 1 week between every season instead of 3 days so you can stream that full week.
I speak for a lot of people when I say that would probably fold my team if they had us cut down streaming to play. They have been keeping me afloat for a while now. I think to do that to any up and coming teams could take it back to the days a month or two back where people were complaining about the gap between big teams and everyone else getting bigger and bigger.