Budget Limit

Hi everyone,

The problem is the budget limit you have while trying to upgrade facilities.
I see the purpose of that, it does prevent new or not experienced players to fall into economic problems early on but instead of imposing it to everyone, there should be a way to disable it.

Like something to tick in the settings or even a pop up warning us. Because it is VERY annoying and when it starts to cost a lot, it slows our whole progression and for a longer time each level.

This thing is and should be taken as a protection but not as a requirement. At the moment it is only here to double the cost of every facilities, protects new players and annoys others regarding progression.

Regards.

Edit: Removed "was added to the game recently" since it was added since the beta.
It wasnt added recently it was always like that.
I do not rembember having this limit when i started. Stil doesnt change my argument.
yea... its as you said but it should be consistent with academy use as well, because you can go in debt in that, and its easier than you would go on facilities, even if you have exact money of the facility upgrade, you probably wont go negative unless you are making close to no profit a day.

on the other hand, on academy you can easily go high on debt, you probably can go permanently in debt in academy and totally fk up, and its more confusing what you are doing and more prone to misinterpretations and mistakes (source: me in my own first week having huge debt cuz misinterpreted it, even though i think it was phrased differently but still) ...

I would say remove it in facilities or just have it for X time of playing, and make some prediction indicator to show people how much they will use on academy and what will their balance be and how they will use a day exactly, just to be sure and clear, and/or make a way to prevent you from going into debt or more than X debt with some indicator thats reasonable or just have the protection for X time of playing and then take it off idk
I believe this limit is necessary to protect new players , however after 30 days or more playing the game would be nice if we could just turn off or disable this protection in order to upgrade our facilities further
I'll agree with Blank's sentiment, there is no consistency in the budget limits. Utilities and Academy make it really easy to go into debt, I don't really buy the argument that this is debt prevention, just seems a way to gimp progression.
Thank you guys for your answers. We all agree that this protection in facilities should no longer be there after a certain amount of time because it does affect our progression negatively. Also we all agree that if we need protection from the possibility to go in dept, it should be a warning, and that academy is the main source for this.
Atleast, for the moment.

Looking for more poeple to express themselves.
I think it would make sense if the limitation went away after facility level 5 or so.
I'm more inclined to agree with the Facility level being the tool to disable the "double-price" function than days played. All the budgeting in this game is pretty basic and simple. 30 day limit would be a killer. That's what - 2 in-game seasons? That's quite the lengthy time period. Level 5 or so Facility Level is pretty reasonable. By that time the player should have comprehended how the games finances work and react accordingly.

Personally I've never been a fan of games that hold your hand and limit you on what you can do because "It's better for you that way."
but won't removing it after 30 days gives them so much advantage to players who let's say 27 days in playing time?
I know it's not that much but maybe make it 7 days after playing. The game only requires common sense, the rest, even in real life, gives you a bit of consequence. we can argue that some clubs do get some debt after investing. Imo removing it is fine because I see it right now as to slow my progress rather than focus on my finances.
I think rather than a time restriction just put a facilitiy level restriction on it, say after you hit level 5 or so the restriction goes away.
I have to agree with the others here though in that there is no consistency and there is also no need for the restriction after a certain amount of play because I think most people will understand the system.

Also maybe we should think about more consequences of being in debt to make people really ask themselves if its worth it as well.
To add to what @Weedfish mentioned. A few ideas came to mind:

When in debt:
1. Lower staff performance the more days you are in debt.
2. This is obvious, but the inability to extend any player.
3. After 10 days of being in debt, one of your facility (maybe gaming house) can get demoted 1 level or something of the sort.
4. Team reputation takes a hit meaning making it harder to deal with sponsors ( it's about time we have some mechanic for them)
5. If it's not too much, maybe a hit on player's ability to play as well. Noone I know would try hard playing when the company that pays me is under a lot of debt. Hence, decays. Makes people think that is it worth risking being in debt for more immediate relief or keep the company on the green but wait a few more days to upgrade?
6. Your player loses more energy while on it because why not.

These are just suggestions, and hopefully I spark some more ideas.
With removing the budget limit, you need a feature to stop people from upgrading their facilites for a day or two to get an advantage for tournament games.
At least it should check if I will go in debt after buying upgrade or not. I missed by only 400$ for upgrading 600k facility(Had 1.2m) while I have 100k net income. It is just sad at this point