• Forum
  • Updates
  • [UPDATE] Journey mode, new strategies, sandbox ELO and other things

[UPDATE] Journey mode, new strategies, sandbox ELO and other things

Hey,

The updates released today are following:

Journey Mode

Journey mode is a mode where you can try your strategy against AI teams while leveling up your team. Reaching level 5 means you will be able to apply to league. This means that leagues should become more active now and lower chance of new players having to play the first season against inactive teams. Journey mode otherwise doesn’t affect rest of the game and it’s economy.

Later on we have plans to enrich the background stories of AI teams as well and each AI team their own page so progressing through the journey mode would feel like a story. Right now the AI changes its strategy only until level 5 and from there on will proceed to just increase average player skills. There are currently 50 levels.

PS: Journey games do take your sandbox games as we have to limit the games for server capability purposes however we’ll unlimit it until you get to level 5. This is to do.

Sandbox ELO

This is another feature meant to create enjoyment with giving ability to battle instantly and see how you are performing or how your strategy is working. Your sandbox ELO is not supposed to affect anything else in the game and it’s only purpose is to give you feedback on how your strategy or team in general is performing with faster results.

Todo List

Todo-list is a list of items meant for new players to give indication on what they should do in the beginning. Currently it contains 12 achievements a new player must fulfill with each achievement giving some extra money for the beginning as well as another financial reward once all the tasks are completed.

Strategy update

- New way to set rules for the strategy. You can now more flexibly choose rules for each of
your strategies and later on order them by priority.
- List of champions under strategy tab where you can hover on a champion to see this champion’s player’s mastery with certain champions to make wiser decisions quicker.
- New list view for strategies where you can see which of your strategies will be used for each game type. We plan to improve the UX of clarity for this purpose, however any feedback on how we could do that the best way is welcome.
- Player stats popup on hover
- Other minor UI fixes

Extra match statistics

Under match results view you can now see statistics about damage dealt and taken ingame for each of the players.

Plans for the near-future

The goal is still to bring firstly champion buffs, nerfs automatically at the end of each season also revealing the statistics of how many times certain champions were picked and banned.

Secondly fix as many issues present in the game simulator to make it more balanced and add more options to choose from and be viable.

Thirdly create views for each champions, bring out their story and art.

Otherwise we will keep improving design and current features.

Good luck and have fun!
Ooo, this journey mode looks great! Thanks for the update guys!
Great update!
Damn its getting better and better *U*
So.. Does Vision matter yet?
Epic update, thanks alots! I can't wait for more ahahah
@angryzebra - nope not yet, we are planing some fixes for the game sim next week but vision will not be one of them.
Sounds great, how do I join the league? I just hit level 5.
Loving all the changes <3
Awesome updates!
I like all the changes. Thanks for working hard, Mobamanager team.
sandbox elo is unnecessary, no team got their real strats on sandboxs.
When does this come out?
This is amazing, i finally have a place to use my unused sandboxes lol
Where can I see my strategy list? Ill give some UX feedback if I have any.
And how do I gain sandbox ELO?
So many new stuff!
@Raimondooo By winning sandbox games.

@cerin616 In the strategy tab (?)

@VfxTV It already is.

@[TC] R3C "No team" is too big of a word as some teams in lower elo probably does, no reason to not have it.

@[TC] Meneghini The league mentioned is the normal League games intended for new players.
Seems pretty legit! Kinda excited about this new update ^_^
I really like the enhanced view of the match stats!
oh shoot, havent noticed that.
my inner analyst is full of joy :D
Excited to have to adapt to the new changes!