Upcoming meta changes and future discussion

Hi,

After the following winter tournament end and when 18 rounds of league games have been played the following changes will be applied.

Champions buff/nerf system will be released

The champions stats at each season will be decreased or increased up to 10% based on random value generated depending on their participation count (bans + games participated).

If a champion has 80 in ADC and 10 in TOP and the value chosen is -10%, then the champion will have stats of 72 and 9 respectively for the next season. At first the system chosen will work like this however afterwards it’s planned to reconsider whether to make it more stats specific. But right now it will be represented as a general % buff/nerf.

Right now it will also be in a manner where there are no wildcards (except for random), but I’m thinking of also adding wildcards, where for example 3 randomly chosen champions will get a balance change that is not dependent on their last season participation count to add some unpredictability.

Game Simulator Changes

The laning styles will be refactored to change up how they currently work. Player specific commentary will be switched up to give a better overview on how different strategical decisions influence what your player does. There will be other modifications as well based on given feedback, but currently I’m not giving many promises on those.

Future discussion

I would like to hear some ideas/suggestions on how to give the more veteran players more things to achieve towards for. One thing I have in mind is adding national teams to the game. At first bigger countries where there are enough members in each country and later on for smaller countries to apply there would be requirement to gather certain amount of active managers for this country. The managers of each country will be able to apply to be a national manager and afterwards it will be voted who will become the national manager. The manager will be able to choose the best players based on their nationality. The player’s nationality is based on the manager’s nationality. At the end of each season there will be World Cup where nations compete with each other. Currently the plan would be to add top 8 countries with most members in game. Currently the top 7 for example is:
United States, Germany, United Kingdom, Denmark, France, Sweden and Canada.
8th country will be MobaManager Country where rest of the managers will be able to participate. If a new nation wishes to rise to the tournament system it must gather certain number of members first to qualify. This is a proposal and conditions may change.

The next game simulator is also still in plans, but I would like to mention that I would like the next one to be more perfect in terms of realism, player’s decision and rock-paper-scissors mechanic. It will take some time before we can get to it.

If you have any other suggestions on how we can make the game more interesting as far as early game experience goes and as far as the later game experience goes then please let me know. All ideas are welcome!
great idea,some people would like this one because it would make it feel more 'alive'.but make sure to make a good introduction so ppl wont get confused with it complexity
no estonia??
I dont like the national team thing as a lot of countries could feel excluded. For the ones that get to represent your country yeah great but if your country isnt included in the list it will feel really bad for the players and it will only create a bigger barrier between players.

Some people will get to cheer for their country while others wont be able to cheer for anything except "mobamanager country" which will be not very entertaining most likely
That's the thing though, they aren't totally excluding people. Just saying that if they want their country represented, to pick up more players.
^I'd like regions instead.

As in Russia, Brazil, Europe, NA, LAS, Asia - Expand Asia to have Taiwan etc. standalone if they get enough players - Expand NA to have Canada/USA if they get/are enough players
I like the meta changes. It will add some variety to the game and requires us to adabt.

For the Game Simulator, I would wish, that the actual map is more present on the screen and the current events and stats are integrated in some sort of UI. For the log, it could be more of a textbar or so which tells me the last 3 things that happened and maybe the last 5 kills somewhere seperated. A little bit easier colorcode would be appreciated as well. the full log could be accessable by a click on a button or so.

I don't see the point with national teams. What does that add to the game, beside that the majority of us are voting for the best/most popular players who then have to manage their national team? As I understand it, I think this is rather a gimmick and eventually will provide fun for an exclusive group of players. Nothing I would put development time on right now, since it excludes the majority of players. Better shift focus to something else that can enhance the experience for all players and do something like this some time later.

What I'd like to see in the game:
- Changes on Staff. Have never seen one esports team (not talking of organizations) with 5 coaches.
- Second/Academy teams for reserve players.
No Portugal national? We are Europe champions! we deserved the national team here....
Btw i still don't like the buff/nerf system. I think is not realist at least if i compare with HoN or Dota the games that i play.
Keeping it fresh, boys, keep the hits coming.
I am excited about buffs/nerfs , however to make it work in a optimal way I believe the game need more champions .Regarding the meta change , its about time to "kill" the kill meta .
its an interesting idea to bring in national teams but like weedfish said : a lot of countries could feel excluded.
So the best way to do the world cup would be with the regions system like Insec mentioned.
North America : USA , Canada , Mexico and all other countries from this continent
South America : Brazil , chile , argentina and all other countries from this continent
Europe : Germany, Denmark, England ,France, Sweden and all other countries from this continent
Asia : South Korea , China and all other countries from this continent
Oceania : New zeland , Australia and all other countries from this continent
I am not sure if we have enough players from other regions but if we do , it would be awesome to cover them aswell , and if the plan is to build 8 teams you can also split 3 of the biggest communities to match the desired number. Instead of World Championship format I prefer the All stars format , where each region will build a team with 5 players from different teams and then the winner region earn a new badge that will last until the next all stars tournament ends
I mean we pretty sure have atleast 1 from every country, thats not too little. So even in case we just have, lets say 1 guy from Luxemburg, he still got 5 players in his team and ergo he got 5 players for the national team. Rly like the new stuff :P
I like what RED Rafael said, and if there are too many players in the region you make a regional tournament by country or just a general turnament prior to the worlds. BTW i like the buf/nrf system
I really like the proposed Buff/Nerf system, although I'm ambivalent on the wildcard aspect. The only pitfall I see is that some of the intake values will be slanted toward the default settings. As an example the bull is pretty likely to get a nerf even though he doesn't see all that much play, because he is the standard ban.

But I think that overall as far as balance modules go you've hit the nail right on the head. Having all champions cycle slowly in and out of meta seems like a good way to keep managers on their toes.
would there be a way to promote more club competition. Or to add more incentive to create clubs and stuff
and for the buff/nerfs would it be documented or would we have to find it out for ourselves