Current and Future plans!

Hello!

I would like to address what has happened in the few past days and talk a little bit about the future plans of the game.

We have had a lot of new traffic from a Reddit post which has been very motivating for us to see.

We learned a lot from it. What we need to do with the game and what are the issues we need to fix.

As we want to test the new system we want to use when we are opening the game officially we will be making a reset to the game this week.

Everyone will receive a new team and will start from the 6th division. From then on each season (that will last around 3 weeks) best ones will be promoted to 5th division, 4th division and so on. So eventually after 5 seasons the best one will be in the 1st divison AKA LCS. This will also increase the limit on teams that are able to have a league.

Full reset to the teams is also expected when the game officially starts. The official start hasn't been fully decided yet, but it's expected in 1-3 months.

I really appreciate all the interest and feedback I've seen about the game and it makes developing the game so much better. Good luck and have fun!

NB! If your team was created after 3400 spots were filled then unfortunately you won't be receiveing a league spot before the reset, but you can still prepare yourself for the reset and make up your mind on the strategy you are going to use. We hope to be making the reset on Wednesday.
Good news!

By the way I'm gonna take this opportunity to thank you guys for the feedback, it's been amazing and personally I've been learning from this experience a lot!

-Dertheia
BTW I sent my application form for "Community manager" on
info@lolmanager.gg
I won't get a league then, that's no good. D:
Really excited about it. I hope that a large part of the reddit traffic you guys received decide to stick around and play for a while, i'l certainly keep on playing. ^^
Sounds great! I am part of the reddit hug of death and totally hyped for the game. Loved to play W3manager and csmanager.

This game might be in its early steps, but really looking forward to further development. Also really like the transparency!
Keep going!
So this means we won't be keeping our players either? Rip Top 10 team :[ At least I'll still have my winning strategy
Top 5 here, just look at the bigger picture! :-]
Top here too. I'm sad that we will lose our players.
BTW Dertheia look at your game history that was close match
Awesome stuff to hear! Good luck with your plans. :)
Good news! Really exited to play the game proper.

The division system seems appropriate way to do this, my question is will there be rewards for reaching high divisions / 'winning' LCS? Something like the season-end rewards in League would be a nice incentive for players to keep playing and climbing ^^
Wait wut
How do I know if I made the cut for the spot or not?
@Dertheia Good suggestion ^^
I'm excited for this! Maybe what I see here, I can apply to potentially setting up my own team. At least thanks for helping me dream. lol
why you guys dont put the currently top teams in higher divisions? like a bonus for betatesters ;)
So Hoyer and I just had a match with 320 kills.. While my team won the war, there were clearly many battles that went back in forth.

Bloodiest battle in rift history?
I don't like the idea of 2 hard resets. It will cut off my motivation to play till official launch
Remember in the mean time you will get user points for being active, and helpful and for bringin in other people in, these will reward you when the game fully starts.
Will we get something for TopElo and TopLeague after before reset, I mean something like achievements maybe
@BDSM_Diana
(Please never make me type your name again ;) )
We're in the process of looking at rewards for higher division teams right now. The biggest idea would be winnings - more money for being higher up. On top of that is recognition; once the season starts properly we'll be drawing attention to the leagues more and giving the best performing teams some exposure here on the forums.

@tinypaws
If the system still hasn't put you in a league now, don't worry. After the reset everyone will have a position, we'll make sure of it :)

@davidsaidhi
The spot for what? If you mean leagues, everyone will start at the same level once the reset hits.

@MrRjey
We want to have everyone start at the same level so that reaching the higher ranks feels more meaningful. While boosting the beta testers is a nice sentiment, it'd make it feel less worthwhile to try for anyone who doesn't start with the advantage.

@tsQ
I get that, I'm a little sad my little crew's going to get wiped as well :( The way I see it, however, this is an opportunity to start fresh - even those of us who did fairly well from the start will have things we'd do differently next time, for sure.

@user
We can look into recognition for the best teams pre-reset, though it would probably be based on ELO/reputation/user points rather than league rank since the latter was so stilted by the seeding system and the fact we never ended a season for teams to promote/demote.