Smarter Pick/Ban, multiple roles per champion)

This can be a huuuge topic on how to make a mroe indepth pick/ban system, but as a first step:

pick duplicates by role: Blademaster (mid) BladeMaster(support) such that if i have my mid role filled, i can take the champ in a different lane.

the best way to go about this that I can think of is replace the pick system so that instead of a list that we reorder, give us an add button and a drop down. I select a champion, i add it to the list, I select its position. I can then add the hero again in a second position.

This would let me do, say:
EM(mid), BD(mid), BD(sup), WG(sup)

Now, if EM is available, ill take him for mid, and then BD as support.
if EM is banned, I take BD as mid and WG as sup.
Already proposed this in my topic.
The technology isnt here yet
Forgive me if I have misunderstood, but I don't see how this could be used.

If your Blademaster as your first pick, surely having it listed as support aswell (Wherever you list it) will never ever be picked anyway?
Like, maybe I have just misunderstood what you mean.
@Zantonny Imagine you have Card master listed as your first pick and Evil master as your second pick, both for the midlane role. Now if you'd get the Card master cerin616 proposes you could get to also pick Evil master for the support role later in the draft. Because your midlane role is already filled and you still need that obscene burst.

I agree thought with WurstHaze that this is probably a hard one to execute. And if you'd ask me the priority of this development wise should be very low.
I don't know how difficult it is to execute given the current setup. if I were writing the code from scratch I cant imaging it being hard, most of the setup is already in place.
You would need to change the "pick" list from a preset list of heroes where you order and then mark position to a dynamic list that you build yourself, probably using a dropdown and "add champion" button. from there, the list would function exactly as it does now (from a UX perspective)

But it certainly isnt a priority as much as a "nice to have" in the future. I just suggest things that come to mind.
this also has cons tho... i also thought about this before but if you are allowed to use a champ for multiple roles, you also hardly get banned out. And allocating champs through roles require no skill/thought/plan. You can just pick evil master, pyro girl, ice bird, blade dancer, etc for mid and supp , and never be banned out on these roles. While as it is now it requires you to make a decision on where to allocate these as to have a deep enough pool for each role or your p/b is exploitable. this feature would disappear with this change, although it has other interesting pros
Totally accurate. The idea comes from being able to do it in league, but right now the game isnt balanced well around it.
This would need to be a future patch.