• Forum
  • Updates
  • New updates incoming and new season delay until 20th of march

New updates incoming and new season delay until 20th of march

Hi,

The newer version of simulator is ready for testing and we plan to test and gather feedback until 20th march when it will be released to the LIVE server. Before that I plan to create a testing environment which will be publicly available. I will try to make it happen today, but it is unlikely, so you can expect it tomorrow. Season switch is delayed until 20th of March. The upcoming changes will be released before season end.

The upcoming fixes and updates will be:

Game simulator refactor.

There are a lot of modifications to the simulator. Some things that previously were working illogically are removed and current features should be improved. Big portion of the code has been rewritten and the sim in general should be working more logically now. The code is refactored in a manner where newer balance adjustments should be easier to make. This version of the sim could be called GS4.5. There is still in plans to create a completely new version of the simulator in the future, but the planned time for that is around 3 months. The current fixes are temporary measure to make the current sim more stable, transparent and give new opportunity to find out perfect strategies. I will be monitoring the feedback closely and making adjustments to the simulator throughout the near future. There could be some unexpected issues coming up, but we’ll try to solve them as fast as possible.

I will write about more detailed changes with GS4.5 after the testing period has been through.

Champion buffs / nerfs

Champion buffs and nerfs will also be rolled out and the way they will work will also be visible on the public test server.

Player Soloq Fixes

Since player soloq has been buggy for a while now, the fix for it will come out also with this update. All the players with solo queue ELO over 3200, will be reduced to 3200 and players with solo queue ELO under 800 will be put to 800.

There are some other less notable fixes, but all in all these are the major upcoming changes. As I’ve been quite busy with other things than development for the recent period some of those issues have been going along for quite long. And lately I’ve been busy with the simulator.

Near future plans

In the near future I plan to bring my focus back more to game development. Right now the goal is to polish any issues there are first and monitor new simulator effects as close as possible. After this is done I feel there are some economy related things that should be gone over. For example player salaries being pointless and other minor bugs and tooltips that do not exist in the game. Once the game seems stable and polished I will go over the plan for further future.

I will notify about when and where the test server will be open as a new update. Most likely tomorrow.

Meanwhile good luck and have fun!
Fantastic, look forward to the updates

Fu Tim
Says the guy with the flashy badge....Only 3 posts :O Where have you been?

PS! GJ Henri! I helped also a bit :)
agreed on player salaries!

and fourth btw!
" After this is done I feel there are some economy related things that should be gone over."
Yes that def need a change

Excited to see these new changes and how buffs and nerfs will work
#MakeMobaManagerGreatAgain and unlock the test server today pls =(
HYPE
Awww no more nagtive elo players? :'(
Awww no more nagtive elo players? :'(
Edit: phone double post wooo!!!
So player salaries are going up, or stop existing?
Can't wait for the future update that will make all my players Faker
:D
nice changes, very appreciated!

Sadly, in my opinion the game is in a very unhealthy long term state and we should try to find a proper solution ASAP. I think you should do a discord discussion with some of the top players to find a way to overcome these problems.

I see the main problems in the following points:
-) money - not enough things todo for topplayers so it´s just about saving --> hard/impossible to catch up
-) Club environment - Clubs are very important to keep ppl playing. Many of the new players that don´t find a club fast quit after only few days - mainly because the game is very hard to learn and playing it alone is kinda boring and frustrating. That´s why we should try to get them in clubs asap. TAP is a good project but not enough/needs a rework.
-) rebuild-phase - the rebuilding has a big influence on your rank for like 10-12seasons, this is too long. If you fail at it you are kinda done for over half a year - many ppl won´t wait that long and just leave. The first rebuild phase was pretty straight forward and still it has a huge impact on the current rank that is nealry impossible to overcome. I am afraid that many ppl don´t know how to do a proper lineup change for the next time we need to and they will leave after failing.

I rly like the game and want it to stay online, therefor I am willing to take the time and help to overcome this problems and I know there are more ppl like me, so let´s do it!
Keep it up lads :)