Feedback about economy

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to balance the economy and reshape it, make it more interesting.
The main things I would be altering is how much certain items cost and also balancing of
sponsor, streaming and all the other potential incomes such as weekly tournament prizes.

Could you please give feedback to following questions:

1. Does the economy need reshape?
2. What are the main flaws of current economy that need to be looked over. In which direction should they be changed?
3. Should there be some-kind of tax system for teams with higher amount of money to force them into making more investments? Say, if you are holding above $5mln, you will have to pay 5% of the money you have over $5mln daily. Or perhaps a lesser number? This would give us ability to increase money income as well without having to worry about inflation too much.
4. Would it be okay if the changes happened all at once a week after proposal for the changes was drafted and the general consensus seemed okay with all the proposed changes?
5. What other suggestions or feedback have you got about the economy?

Thank you for your feedback.
3. Should there be some-kind of tax system for teams with higher amount of money to force them into making more investments? Say, if you are holding above $5mln, you will have to pay 5% of the money you have over $5mln daily. Or perhaps a lesser number? This would give us ability to increase money income as well without having to worry about inflation too much.

Something like this would be nice ye.
Think there should be a tax system on player sales, that if u sell a player that haven't been in your team for very long will have higher tax then a player that have been, just like CSM did, think that would be cool. Like u can't sell an academy player right away u take him out of academy otherwise the taxes could be let say 50% that decreases the more time he spend in your team.
1. Yes. I think to improve the economy is always a good thing to do. It will never be perfect though, because there is always an upside and an downside when it comes to ressource gathering and ressource spending.

2. I think the biggest flaw is the meaninglessness of playercosts. If you're not running a top team, you shouldn't be able to have top league players. Everyone can have a top player by just saving money and spending it on the market and the players pay for themselves by streaming. While in reality a top player won't play for a low tier team.

3. I don't know about this. I mean, I understand the money needs to get out of the game, so I kinda agree. But also how about adding more and more stuff into the game, you can spend your money on which might return in terms of player improvements, academy and all that?
2. I think the biggest flaw is the meaninglessness of playercosts. If you're not running a top team, you shouldn't be able to have top league players. Everyone can have a top player by just saving money and spending it on the market and the players pay for themselves by streaming. While in reality a top player won't play for a low tier team.

This is being worked on and is being posted in Discord as we speak
1) Player wages should ramp up more and better players should be costly investments
2) Sales tax on players to reduce the money in the economy
3) streaming tradeoff, there should be some cost to streamers so the best players are also not the most profitable streamers. An idea could be a champion mastery skill decay to ensure players focus on keeping their champion mastery up. There also should be a change to coaching and such but this one requires more thought.
4) any overall tax would require another form of long term investments that has a payoff. For example a loan system however I feel this would need some heavy consideration. A simple flat tax on cash overall is kinda unfair on thoes who already earned a lead to simply see their money dwindle without doing anything.
yes a reshape is needed, otherwise the gap between topteams and newcomers will get bigger and bigger.

I don´t like the idea of a tax system since it somehow forces the players to spend the money. Saving money should still be a valid strat to go for longterm goals. Imo a better solution would be to give us new options on spending. Raising players wage is a good first step. Additionally you could make the influence of GG or facilites in general higher so ppl can either save for long term goals or spend the money for current competition (atm it´s just not worth to go higher than GG14, maybe 15 because the stats don´t justify the investment.

Also imo playerstats and training need an upgrade to make the market more useful, not sure if you want an opinion there aswell - feel free to ask if you do
Player contract costs could be more relevant, and scale higher with player ability.

Perhaps players could have the ability to reject offers from teams with low ELO or reputation.

Perhaps a part of a players contract could be demanding a % of their streaming revenue

but then when running a big team more income types should be made available, perhaps unlocking additional sponsors should be league based or ELO / reputation based rather than spending gold to unlock and then sponsors could scale better with your teams reputation to offer more gold to higher rated teams.
1. Honestly, I don't think the economy is in bad shape, but I definitely think some flavor can be added to make it spicy :D
2. Well, one of the main flaws, if I had to say, would be the whole 24hour player market thing, and the lack of options with how you market a player; there's very little choice of what you can do there. Also, as many people have already mentioned, player wages. Either take them away or make them scale w/ the players, pretty much. Lastly, scouting. At this point, I feel it's pretty random. You have no idea what your investment is really worth, and your returns, usually, are garbage.
3. I would say this is fair. Makes sense.
4. I mean, hey; you guys kinda went in dry with the GE already, pretty sure we could take it ^_^ But, joking aside, the sooner the better, so we can test it out and learn how to effectively utilize it ASAP.
5. I think I put a lot of them in #3, but really, I just think your money/investments should have a more VISIBLE impact. Like, your Facilities, Scouting, Staff. For example, your PR manager should display what they're really doing. EX: "PR Manager's Damage control stat of 8 reduces Rep lost from Losses in Ranked by 65%"
As for Coaches, similar idea, except with stats: "Coach's ADC Stat of 8 will help train players, effectively increasing their gain of ADC stat by x%"
For Facilities, same thing: "Gaming House level 11: Increases streaming effectiveness by 110%, etc.."
So, really, what I'm trying to get at, is giving more clarity to the things you're paying for; what are you REALLY paying for, ya know? ^_^
I agree with what's been mentioned about the gap between top teams and newcomers being a problem, especially considering that that gap seems to only be growing. Moreover, we're anticipating an influx of new players soon, and having what can be perceived as an insurmountable gap can spell doom to newcomers' chances of staying.

That being said, I think as it is right now, the proposed tax system isn't the way to go, since I agree that stockpiling money should be a valid economic strategy, and there simply aren't enough worthwhile investments to make right now. As such, I think a better approach would be to make it easier for newcomers to catch up, while at the same time providing top teams with better investment options that don't necessarily contribute to the widening of the economic gap.

One way to help accomplish this, I think, would be to overhaul the staff hiring system. I've mentioned this in a separate thread a month or two back, and, as things are right now, staff salaries are growing at an alarming rate, such that newcomers will find it very difficult to catch up stat- and reputation-wise. This, in turn, widens the gap by making it close to impossible for newcomers to enjoy the benefits of having top sponsorships and high-income streamers, which were much, much easier to attain for top teams back when they were just starting out. As a result, top teams right now have been able to develop strong team economies without having to face the same struggles or make the same sacrifices that newcomers will have to.

As for having more investment options, I think that these should come in the form of investments that don't provide massive economic benefits, but, rather, can help top teams gain an edge over their peers in terms of current in-game competition (like if two top teams were almost dead-even, such investments could help tip the scales towards one side). The earlier suggestions of restructuring facilities and player wages are a great place to start. Adjusting the benefits from top-tier facilities could definitely help, although great care should probably be taken in balancing them so it doesn't feel to newcomers that not having access to these facilities is keeping them down. I haven't given this much thought, but perhaps having some facilities that cost a percentage of daily revenue could be a way around this. Also, if top teams want to hang on to their star players so they can keep competing in the top leagues, then it should cost them exponentially more than what other teams pay for mid-tier players.

There should, however, be ways for newcomers to get around high player wages and catch up quicker, and I think this can be done by making it so that the increases in player wages aren't solely influenced by the skill of the player, but by factors such as the time they've spent on the team, and whether they were developed within the team or just purchased from market, as well.
I think income should be focused a lot more into tournaments and leagues.

An overhaul of the economy, I think, should be one that inspires people to be competative, and be forced to focus their finances into specific parts of their team.
For example, currently everyone has enough money to pay all wages for all players and staff, lose the tournament, lose their league, and still fund everything.

Under performing should hit you not just in your ELO, but in your finances. Sponsorships should give two amounts, One set amount per day (A low amount) plus a bonus for winning games (A better amount)

Player wages should be scaled up a lot, low ELO players should be free. In League of Legends, you can pull together a team of players without having to pay them. But if you want to go to the LCS, winning the big tournaments, you're going to have to fork out some cash.

When I say wages scaled up, I mean by a lot. I'd really like to see people not have full teams of the best possibly players money can buy, but where they can only afford to have one, maybe two star players, with the remaining people being strong players in their own right, but not of star level quality.

Forcing players to actually make sacrifices to accommodate for funds would be a really nice way to see things go.
In the higher ELOs (Top teams) winning tournaments should be the primary source of income. It'd be nice if they had a seperate tournament from the rest of us plebs, too, to make it fairer for both them and us.

If they had a private tournament with a relatively large payout, for the top say 20 teams, it'd be like a weeky LCS among you guys. Which I think would be both competitive and a great goal for people who don't hit that bar yet to get into.

Typed it quickly, so if this doesn't all make sense just say and I'll re-explain what I mean.
"Under performing should hit you not just in your ELO, but in your finances. Sponsorships should give two amounts, One set amount per day (A low amount) plus a bonus for winning games (A better amount) " - I like this idea!
An attempt to balance the economy and reshape it will be really appreciated . I believe that sponsors deserve a change , this actual system isnt interesting at all and is really limited.
So here are my suggestions regarding sponsors:
1- Reduce the amount of sponsors slots from 10 to 5 and compensate those that already unlocked the 6th~10th ( this way new teams wont need several weeks/months to unlock them all , reducing then the gap between newcomers and veterans )
2 - Special Sponsors , these sponsors would pay 5% / 10% or 15% of your daily expanses , you can have ONLY 1 special sponsor and to unlock them you must to play the weekly tournament ( I believe this would increase the number of teams playing rookie , amateur and pro tournament )
I like all the tweaks, particularly the tax one. One thing I would add is that I'd like to see something of a dedicated streamer position. With the way personality and streaming works, your best streamer is often your best player. In real life, many teams contract high profile streamers that are not even close to professional level in terms of skill.
I dont know if already anyone said this but, how about you have to pay X for every kill your player makes in a League Game, Y in a Tournamet Game, Z in a Ranked Game ? Or Assists ?

I dont think this applying taxes in our banks should be the way but instead you should give us reasons to spend money...

I just said one above.
Another one is making Tournament buy ins in Game Money and you receive like prizes like sandbox games.
Give us a chance for boosting a coach for 24 hours with X amount. The division where you are in equivalent at the price you pay for the boost.

Others ideas:
Give players a nationality and in the future create a Nations Cup
Give us the possibility of creating an Academy Team, paying for that... Academy Teams can only play with others Academys
Give players emotions... In that case Manager have to manage well the team to make every player happy. When a player is not satisfied he ask the manager to put him on the market and even the manager put him play we will play very bad!!!
the nationality thing is something I think would be awesome a old game i use to play that was similar to this was footbattle it was a football manager game. and they had a nationality cup where you try to be the best in your nation and usually 2-4 people from each nation or so depending on amount of people from that nation would join a world cup type thing kinda like worlds.
"I dont know if already anyone said this but, how about you have to pay X for every kill your player makes in a League Game, Y in a Tournamet Game, Z in a Ranked Game ? Or Assists ?"

So you want to punish a team where their players perform?
Discussion about taxing.
One of the easiest and simplest way to tax players is to tax then accordingly to the total amount of money they have. The more money, the more income tax. For example, if you have more than $30,000,000 in your account, you would be taxed 25% of your daily income. And if you have more than 50,000,000 it would be 40% daily income tax. Again, the more money in your account, the higher the income tax.
This makes the game much more balanced in term of economy. New players will be able to stack up their money, and veteran players won't be able to stack so much money and grab every good players from the market.
One other way is to tax your total money at the end of every season instead of taxing daily income. Say, at the end of the season, you got taken away 10% of your total money. But this can be "fraud" by spending all the money before the season ends.
I mean, if you already have like, say 5 mils in your account, and say your daily income is 500k, taking 25% from that 500k should be nothing for you.
Just my opinion.