Proposal For Economy Changes

Hi,

after reading your feedback I've written an initial proposal for how the changes should be like. The exact values are probably subject to a lot of change, but the most important change is making it more rewarding in terms of money to get to a good position in tournaments, divisions and so on. It will be more important to get better results in leagues and tournaments as it will be a lot more expensive to hold a strong team. Probably will try to add a mechanic for sponsors to reward you for winning a game extra, so that each game should be won.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z0PC7y-T8UpQMPiO8_xeprDb72v-j4xX3XKm0P2KicQ/edit?usp=sharing

I did not add tax for high budget teams in there yet as I saw very mixed feedback about this. I think the plan is first to implement these changes and then balance economy a bit around these.

Also the big issue is when we should do it. I'd think it would be best to do while season change. But how much notice should it require and is it OK if all those changes will be really abrupt?

Thank you for your time and feedback!
This sounds really good, the player wages seems reasonable and would give managers more to think about.
Btw what about taxes on player sales based on time in team?
Would it be possible to get the exact numbers before it goes live?
I see an issue arising where I log in to -3mil debt because everything was hiked up and I didn't know the numbers to be able to prepare beforehand.
If the salary changes go through(and if im reading this right i might have made a mistake) those numbers are insane. it means my midlaner alone would need around a $144k salary, that *5 would mean my STARTING roster alone would have ~700k salary a day. That is not feasible at all because my streamers would also include another 200/300k which means that the wages of my players would be ~1million a day. thats 300k more than my total expenses already. And there aren'y any changes to really up the income either as im seeing that right now.

You say you want 25% income to be from leagues, and tournaments etc. For me i will probably end up #5 or #6 in div1 meaning on average ill get $850k. this is every 25 days. tournaments i will most likely end top 8. meaning 70% of 1million or 700k every week.
That means that 50% of my income will be 3.65million every season meaning i will have ~ 7million a season income if your goals are met.

Considering 1 day = 1 million expenses for players ALONE. thats 25mil for players alone disregarding facilities and academy.

Either you need to revise the numbers a lot or come up with a different system.
Or im reading this wrong and im a retard and if so tell me

But yeah those are my 2 cents
Please revise the numbers, that appears to be over 30x the current wage price for my players, with prices like that not only will I be broke very soon, I will be forced to sell my team and their value will be lower die to no one being able to afford them. Let's make a smaller change for now and maybe cap plauer wage scaling to $50k per player and go from there. That is manageable in my opinion.

I viewed the other changes, can we take them in rollout stages?
1. Am I seeing this wrong, or there's a problem with the number? $200k per day for one 40+ player? That means to afford a whole team of 5 40+ players it would cost about $1m daily, right? How can I, or any player in that sense, being able to afford that?

2. You guys have to be super careful on rolling out these economy changes and updates. A lot of people would quit the game if they log in without knowing about the economy has changed and gone broke after a day.
I think neither i will be able to handle that new expense, with that sponsors.
I don't have any profit with corrent team, even with 9 players doing 10 streaming games a day and with only 3 players on academy
The numbers could do some tweaking, but consider also that assuming you still have 10 sponsor slots then you'd also be making $1mln from sponsors alone with the new system. But I guess it's true. It's not going to be 25% 25% 25% 25% instantly then. Because it would be $21mln from sponsors and only $2mln from league ending. But perhaps add bigger bonuses for winning a league game or just playing a league game.

I guess we could do not as drastic changes and start out slower though. Maybe give more bonus rather than cost so noone will go bankcrupt, but then slowly go harsher to avoid inflation.

I think it's survivable, but the 25% 25% 25% 25% rule just needs to be gone over.

But otherwise what do you think of such a non-linear mechanic. It should reward high-performers more so there is always point to try to get as far as possible in tourney and so on.
How would the salaries apply?
Can they change every day or will they change per contract?
Can we definitively explain how this will fix the gap for lower tier teams?

When this is implemented, I see it increasing that gap. Players will cost more to maintain, meaning higher tier players may have less of them, but wont it also mean lower tier teams wont be able to afford decent players at all?
henri start adapting the changes slow, it's better to everyone to be able to adapt their team.

Better prices for win teams should either do it, if u win something u deserve to get more money than the ones that win nothing.

About that and sponsors, for exemple i got only 2355 of reputation, but the team with more reputation(4705) is on division 4, never win anything, don't have the best players of the game, etc.... Even reputation got a fix to show real what team are equal to each others.
I dont like the fact to reward the div 2 winner more than top 4 ~ 10 from div 1
In any real life sport , the participants of 1st league always get more money than participants from div 2
I think the point of this is to mean that you CAN'T just have a full team of top players unless you're literally in Div 1 winning all tournaments and winning your league every season. The numbers seem quite high, but I think that is kind of the point. If you can afford to have the best of everything, there's no management. It's just a case of buy the best you can get money is no object, which really subtracts from the game. Having to make sacrifices in some areas in order to be able to afford better things in another, would all be part of your tactics.

Say for example, midlane was currently the strongest carry lane, you may sacrifice having the best in game toplaner, in order to bolster training or wages for your midlaner, in order to try and get an edge.

But as is, the top players have the best of all lanes, and money as a whole is kind of pointless.
Would that salary system incentivize tanking your player's secondary/marginally useful stats? You'd want your coaches to be 10 main role and 1 for the other 4 roles if the coach is focused on one player, same for leadership for everyone but your highest leadership player. Maybe the salary should scale off the player's highest role only, or at least be weighted differently.
I agree with chaosdunk, that is a very good idea in order to avoid technically "worse" coaches from becoming the better options.
Yeah I thought so as well that this type of salary system would incentivize that.

Other option would be to create salary based on the highest skill only. Or find a balance between those in some way.

What do you think?

@Rafael:
Winners will get that much so that looking for promotion would always be very attractive incentive and that you should not just keep stalling in a single division forever. And so that a newcomer will have an initial boost and a decent chance.
Hi to all. I'm new in this game, i have less than a week playing it, and I think it's awesone!!! I know it's not perfect, but you've been doing a great job Henry.
Now, about the economy changes... personally i agree that you need to increase the player wages, but the numbers that you are proposing sound ridiculous man, even for me that i'm a new player and I'm trying to build a decent team to climb divisions, and with this ENORMUS amount of wages, it would be very difficult for me and for new teams to have all players with 15-20 all stats (they are not even close to be great players) 'cause the new wages... But it's only my opinion, i know that the change is thought for the best teams and all their stars, but please, think on new players too :)
This is a great game bro, I know that you are going to get the best solution!
Pd. Sorry if i made vocabulary or grammar mistakes! I'm mexican and i do my best with english hahahaha
As said above, increasing the wages slowly would give players time to adapt. it would also give us time to send our feedback so that the most well-balanced amounts could be found. I just started so i wanted to thank you for this game too, keep up the good work!
Okay I agree we should approach this more carefully.

I think I will redo the calculations in a way that they would start in a similar position that we are as of right now and then start balancing from there, but the scaling will already take effect.