Tournament seeding

I joined my first tournament and was put into a high seed. I started playing a few days ago and haven't lost a single ranked or league game, however I'm only about 1280 elo. My tournament seeding put me up against a team with 1415 elo and far, far more soloQ elo. I subsequently lost all three games, though not by as much as I expected.
Is it normal to be placed against such a relatively stacked enemy? It seems like it kind of doomed me from the start.
Did you play a lot of sandbox? Sandbox determines a hidden mmr that it might have worked off of. I was placed as a high seed as well, and played a team that been running almost 4 times as long.
tournament seeding works like that: the highest elo team in the tournament plays vs the team with the lowest elo, and the second highest vs the second lowest and so on. Just ur Team ranked elo influences ur seeding, the sandbox elo means literally nothing, its just an indicator for new teams that test.
Or wait, i need to correct that. The CPI is what determines against who u play. CPI = Team ranked elo + League division and league place. But team ranked elo is nearly always a good indicator for who u play against.
Theres also a bug where the notification always lists you as the higher seed regardless.
As lower seed you play a higher seed, so the best team CPI based plays the worsr team CPI based, the notification is just bugged and you actually placed lower seed.