Hotfixes to the simulator

Hey,

I'm planning some hotfixes to the simulator to keep the game fresh.

Would you prefer those before the tournament or after?
If I rolled them out in 48 hours for example, would that be fine? As it would be a good time since it's season break.

My current plan is to buff things that are not used in the strategy and change up some values.
Not a lot, but should give some time to find the perfect strategy once again.

Do you have anything else to suggest? As far as hotfixes go?

Good luck and have fun!
sounds good within 48H, rather sooner than later
Would it affect current hero stats and the simulated metas?
If yes, then after a major tournament will do.
Sooner the better.....
I am okay with both. But the sooner, the earlier we have something to do. So I vote for pre-tournament.

Nice to see some changes. Keep it up.
I also vote pre-tourney if it is done within the next couple days. I think it would add some nice variety to the meta which would make the tourney more interesting.
Before the tourney would be great. The meta is a little stale right now so a hot fix would make the tourney more entertaining.
If the majority votes for pre tourney, then I will try to bring in those changes tomorrow including about what I changed.
Does this include the over 100 overalls showing up as 0, if so then definitely before the tournament.
The GE don't need a fix, it need a new GE where all build points makes something.
Fix only will make it change again to other use start and stay with that.

We need a GE where utility heals enought to worst, need vision to really makes team be ganked, armour to reduce dmg from oponents, health to make them stay alive longer...
And with all that if a player got more heath it can make so much dmg or others things, etc.
@Rec, atm they don´t have the resources to build a new GE and they know that a hotfix won´t solve the problems in the long term, but for now it is a nice move to give us something to do and change the stable meta.
Sooner the better.
Yeah, I agree; sooner the better, pre-tourney if possible. 48H also sounds fine.
Back from Vacation... All I have to say is:
YOU'RE AWESOME HENRI!!!!
I dont know whatcha mean but put this shit together ma homie , this game is dead.
"Sooner the better" seems to be good :)
This post is FUCKED. What the actual fuck?

"Not a lot, but should give some time to find the perfect strategy once again. "

Anyone see the DISGUSTING and MASSIVE problem with this line?

There shouldn't be a perfect strategy. If the simulation was good, multiple strats and playstyles should be viable, and the most optimal should be different from everyone because it should depend on how good each of your players is. For example, if your toplaner is a god, you should be able to run a utility jungle and support, have a higher HP mid and very damage orientated top, then focus the strat on protecting him. However if your toplaner is bad, put him on tanks and focus your ADC.

There SHOULD NOT be a perfect strategy to find, there should be multiple viable ones and the most optimal should be based on your own player stats. That line really made me lose hope, I love this game right now, play it 3/4 hours a day but what the fuck dude?
@Scholar:
I agree, there shouldn't be a perfect strategy. This is meant as a quick-fix so people would have something to do for now while we rethink what we should exactly do with the current sim.

Here's the previous update describing the current state and reflecting on the issue:
https://www.mobamanager.gg/community/forum/topic/show/3399
voting for post tournament.
too afraid of things getting too hard fucked up and the balancing progress might take too long.
@Henri

Some sort of "official" strawpoll or something to determine pre or post tourney might be an idea?
Though maybe there's not really enough time to determine that properly, idk...
Personally I don't mind either way.
Mazweg to make a small fix is better to just put again old GE.
Well, i would wish to extend to Acedemy Feature... Its nice to create your own players, but maybe that u r able to have build up your acedemy or stuff like this...
Vote for post tournament as well, will not be enough time to figure stuff out or it will break the GE once again and it will be really unbalanced
@Scholar but ur only d5 18 days why talk?

memes aside, we do need some freshness but so soon to the tourney is probably a bad idea, i'd vote after
It starts on 29th + the good teams that rly fight for prizes aren´t even playing the first couple of days. I think a bit more than a week should be enough to get used to the update + fix all bugs. Why does it need to be a stable meta where it is quite easy to predict who will win a match? Aren´t some crazy new strats + upsets funny/a good thing?
Well that´s only my option, if there is not a big majority for the pre-updates we should respect this and let them play the tournament with the current version imo.
I think a lot of the higher ranks are going to want it post tournament as it provides more stability for them to do well in the tournament whereas some of the lower/mid ranks will want it pre tournament because it provides chances to find cheese strats as well as put in more work to hopefully get a more refined strategy to do well with. This is just how I can see myself thinking in these positions is all. Right now it looks to be fairly consistent as well minus myself and you (and maybe Herth who seems to be indifferent). We'll see what the devs decide to do, I think a straw poll would be required to get an accurate count.
MY OPINION about strategy:
Armor, Magic Resist, Vision, Utility are not being used. Common reasons is it depends on the champion the player picks, the champions his team picks and the champions he is playing against.
Has a manager i can not advise my team to buy vision loosing combat stats, when vision is not a relevant number in game since it doesn't change the ammount of times my champions die.
I can not advise players to use armor or magic resist against certain enemies, because it's not an ingame mechanic. so i can only force them to build health...
Utility stands for everything that doesn't damage enemies, but affects fights and is important. In this game utility is only healing. A team i played against had Starlight Healer that did not heal and had high healing done on Werewolf jungle.

to fix all this is not as simple as a smile hotfix :/
I agree. with Twolf, if you're not going to fix the whole thing - don't fix it. Tweaking values that don't give a simulation effect just fucks things up.

It's like this.

Right now, everyone pretty much knows the perfect strategy. There's no correlation between real moba and the strat, there's just one strat that everyone pretty much uses, with minor tweaks, meaning strategy is consistant between team and it's basically not a variable.

Changing the strategy to still not reflect IRL, but hide the perfect strategy creates a variable but still, there's going to be absolutely zero fucking logic to the new perfect strat, it'll just be found by trial and error. This is a sim game. You shouldn't reward players for simply finding the perfect moba manager strat, but should reward players for using logic and creating a strat which is good for that team, but that requires a full overhaul. Right now, you're going to reward players for something this game isn't meant to be about, it makes the game less appealing as it's not moba manager a simulation, but moba manager a trial and error game that has nothing to do with mobas. Leave strats alone until you can overhaul everything and create logic which simulates irl.
I think you two are missing the point...the devs are going to fix the ge but it takes time and, like you stated, resources to do so. This is a project most likely slated for the future (I am not privy to the devs plans so I couldn't tell you when). However, what Henri is asking here is not whether he should hot fix it to "fix" the ge, but instead he is asking whether a hot fix should come in to spice up the meta for a bit for the tourney and the next season. This is not a permanent fix by any means, just a way of providing variety to a currently stale meta.

Also, I understand you're extremely opposed to the idea of trial and error and have somehow decided that logic and trial and error have no place with each other, but I assure you that almost every sim (good) sim game have some trial and error to them. For example, cs-manager, which is arguably one of the biggest web browser sim games, takes an enormous amount of trial and error to constantly monitor strats and make sure everything works exactly how you want it. Trial and error also cannot be guided by blind judgement...it requires critical thinking in order to determine whether certain changes are working and what would be better options.
Trial and error comes along with logic, You think about what logically makes sense irl, then try it, weak it ect. Trial and error in real life doesn't mean trying complete random shit and it shouldn't in the game. This isn't spicing up the meta, it's just fucking over teams who aren't in clubs as 20 people using trial and error blindly will get better results when crowdsourcing the knowledge, individuals who may be good at thinking logically simply dont have the sheer amount of sandbox games when logic doesn't play a part.