Coaches regulation update

Hi guys,

there's been issues with staff market where there's not enough of quality coaches. As a solution I can see 3 options. Each one of those can be implemented.

1) After daily update and staff market calculations have been done, delete all coaches without a team and generate new ones.
Clarification
This would happen only once as a quick fix.

2) Since amount of coaches depends on the active users count coaches are often regulated, but the ones to be chosen for removal are random. We can start removing coaches with lowest wages instead if the total is over limit.
3) Increase coaches / per active user configuration. This requires opinions about the balance.
How many coaches do you think there should be on the market right now?

I'd probably do those updates after the Friday's daily update. Which ones depends on your feedback!

Good luck, thank you for playing and enjoying the game!
I vote for all 3 - make MM great again!
Thanks for listening to my feedback! I'm glad you took the time for this. Now for your suggestions:

I don't think a lot of players would be happy with option 1. When someone's coach expires, they usually want him back right away. Resetting these coaches would seem really frustrating for those players (including me).

I can follow you more in option 2. At least it should not be random or we will have situations like option 1 again: frustration of dissapearing coaches after expired contracts. Lowest wages might be okay, but not the best option I think. I would rather have them be deleted by "people not wanting them". If they remain on the market, unhired for X amount of days, they leave the scene (and get replaced by a new one). This will also give players the chance to hire their coach back if their contract expired.

Option 3 is something that I feel should happen no matter what else changes. As I understood, we now have 1 coach and 0.5 pr managers per active user on the market. This feels a bit too little. Imo, should be around 3 or 4 coaches per active user. There really should be a lot to choose from because it's hard to find a coach you want.

One of my own ideas that would really improve the coaching system is a rework of the distribution of the coaches' stats. Right now the numbers are completely random, resulting in coaches having very extreme numbers. Some coaches have high stats (8, 9, 10) while ALSO having low stats (0, 1, 2). This is something that should not be the case, it's not even realistic if you think of it. Ok stats need to fluctuate but not that much. There should be a maximum number that the stats can differ from each other. This will result in more flattened stats and will make coaches have either low, medium or high stats. Hiring prices will follow accordingly. This way people can opt in choosing a low coach if they wanna save money or they can opt in picking a high coach if they wanna go all out but they'll have to pay. It would making the process of finding a coach way less frustrating and neater.

If the above idea gets implemented, then I believe there is no reason to increase the number of coaches per active users.

Anyways, thanks for still investing time in this game! As long as you never give up on this game, neither will we :)
Tbh i just want better coaches, at this point you have 1 or 2 good coaches at max per day on the market and the others are just subpar because of random stats from 10 to 1, theses coaches are not good at all, plus the fact that coaches randomly dissapear after their contract expires is frustrating. Also on another note, coaches hiring process is just HORRIBLE, and i cant stress enough how random it is. Players blindly bidding on them without knowing what their real cost is just stupid imo, and it has been since the beggining. There are coaches that have 200k or 300k salary, to me its just absurd blindly bidding those amounts, i get that some of them and only some are worth those type of prices, others arent but people have to bid that amount to either keep them or snatch them because they cant see what others are bidding on them, so it just inflates their prices to unreal amounts of money. Coaching blind bids shouldnt continue tbh. Make it so Coaches everyday on the market are worth the same, and throughout the day people bid on their salary. I get that some players cant be active when the daily update happens, but blind bidding isnt a solution, if they cant be at the update bid an enourmous amount of money just like you would blindly anyway.
@Creative
I think option 1 is a one-time deal - correct me if im wrong henri.
@zeta I think he's talking about after every daily update
@creative
Hmm maybe, that's just not what i/he said on slack.
Fix game,start by remove the force to lose coachs. Make contracts extended
(1&2) I don't think it is the best idea to always delete the coaches without a team immediately because you can't bid on the ones you just lost and people don't check the market every day. Maybe delete the coaches that haven't been picked up after 2-3 days and replace those ones especially if their total coaching skill is below a certain threshold. (I'm not sure if the code already ties suggested coach salary for new coaches to wages or not? If it is then maybe wages would be an appropriate metric to determine which coaches to replace instead of total coach skill.)

(3) The issue is not the number of coaches available it the the poor quality across the board. Let's take for example the current crop of coaches. There are currently 104 coaches available. Given that there are 14 attributes a coach has they have a maximum total coach score (Sum of coach attributes ADC-LEAD) of 140. The highest of those currently available only has a coach score of 98...that is already 42 points lower than max of 140 and he is the best available coach. Approximately 87% of available coaches are not even to the midway point of 70 (obviously half of 140). About 60% of all coaches are at or below 38 total coach score (35 points is obviously 25% of the possible total of 140)

Therefore, I propose the solution is not to increase the quantity of coaches, but to increase the quality...if the random number generator doesn't produce a coach that is at least 105 points total coach skill (75% the maximum possible from 140) then I would suggest they should be discarded and never be made available in the first place...just keep generating until you get coaches with the proper skill. Who wouldn't want a coach that is at least 75% effective at their job? In real life I don't think anyone below 50% effectiveness would be interviewed much less hired, here on MM it should be no different. Working in Creative's stats distribution solution is a great way of tackling this problem of huge numbers of statistically poor coaches.

(Bonus Answer) To fix the problem @Maxy is talking about I think we should be able to bid *less* than whatever the listed salary is for a coach. It is true that sometimes in real life in a scarce market a coach may be able to bid up their price, but it is also possible for team management to bid less than the coach wants. I think this approach would help regulate any coach that gets an inflated price by one crazy manager only to be so high that once they need to be resigned they are unhireable.

(Bonus Bonus Opinion) Of course being able to extend coaching contracts at an increased price just like players would be another quality of life improvement as well.
I like that idea of being able to bid lower on a coach than what he wants. I mean, in real life you don't go to a company and say "You can hire me for $100k, take it or leave it". The company will laugh in your face and send you away. A bit more realistically, they will do you a counter proposal, offer a bit less. This will not screw up the game as the coach will still go for the person who bids the most. This will require a minimum amount though so people cannot offer $1 and get him.
My bad for not clarifying.
I did mean the 1st option to be a one time deal only to have a quick fix for the issue now.
I guess I'd just delete the 2-3skilled coaches after the Friday's update.

2nd and 3rd option would be persistent.

Right now I'm thinking I will go for all options.
Hellow,
I think that 2 option are the best option, but option 3 are not bat.
If it's a one time thing than I'm fine with it Henri. What are your toughts on rebalancing the coaches's stats as I wrote down?
@mobbingalong Bidding below what a coach wants doesnt really solve the problem i listed, since its still a blind bid. No one in their right mind will bid less for a coach they want, the problem will still presist with that fix nonetheless. Having a Coach market, just like the players, would solve this. Coaches working like players would be a good option, having its own wage and the bid beeing separate from it and only for contract aquirement purposes.
Yeah i kinda agree with maxy as well - having "auction"-like coaches would be awesome.