Anti cheating system and other news

Hi,

I want to let you know that we are currently working on the anti cheating system. The system will eventually be monitoring for all kinds of suspicious activities. Right now it will just monitor and delete suspicious transactions on the market and flag the users who participated in those transactions. The users will be later reviewed by moderators. We won't be revealing all the little details and exact mechanisms the anti cheating system will be working as it would make finding loopholes in the system easier.

We do not have written out rules yet, but we will by the time the testing phase has ended and when we do we will be enforcing those. I want you to know that the game will be fair.

For now if you find a bug or a loophole if you report it you won't get punished however if you keep attempting to cheat in secret we will take actions. As this is still testing we somewhat want people trying to find loopholes as this will make us prepared for the official start of the game.

------------------------
To also answer an important question that raised up about youth academy players being a lot better than the players you originally received - this was intentional in a sense that teams shouldn't be depending on their original 5 starter players and should actually be actively seeking new players from the beginning - from youth academy, transfer market or by scout. This means that user will would start the game with such players that him/herself has decided how much exactly to invest on and less randomness.

But I can see the issue here where people name their original 5 players and so they grow an attachment to these players.

I can see two ways to solve this issue:

1) We disable naming the players in the beginning and the players could grab the new players from the youth academy and name them there and then grow attachment while building their team.

2) We go back to the old system where 5 starter players are generally decent. Perhaps in the beginning you could attribute the stats the way you would like so the stats wouldn't be completely random in that case, because I wouldn't want the starting randomness decide too much.

Which one do you prefer and do you have any other ideas/suggestions about it?
Hello
Both solutions are good. But for me personally, the second option is better, because I created players with nicknames of my friends and me interesting to watch how they will develop in this manager. So it seems better to call once 5 players at the beginning, instead of looking for someone in the highest performance at the academy.
I like the idea of youth players being valuable and promising, but they are too good at the moment.

Maybe it'd be an idea that you can only get one Youth Player per week and that you need to train him for a week before he has great stats?

Alternatively, you could allow investing into youth academy to get an additional player per week (similar to how Sponsors work).

In that sense, you could also make it so that you only get good youth players if you have good reputation/elo. This would require you to stick to your starting 5 for a while before you can overhaul them with young Fakers.

Just some ideas.
Both solutions seem fine, but for me sounds a little better the second one, kinda liked my starter boys being strong so I could keep 'em or at least some of them, would be cool an hybrid, kinda like 2nd option but still being able to rename academy players
I think that nerfing the youth academy players is still the best. If you revert the starting players then the academy players are back on the same playing field as the starters, so why not nerf the youth academy players. I understand that the youth academy is supposed to be for getting better players but you should scale it better with price. having the 1st price be a tiny bit lower than starters then the 2nd and 3rd or so be around the same as starters currently. and The higher the price the better the player. Maybe not too intensive in scaling, but better. I'd feel a lot more comfortable this way. The youth academy feels like the reliable way to get new team members, so I think the low end should be like getting extra players to train. while the market feels more like a gamble. TL;DR. Nerf youth academy players to current starters, scale better with better scouting.(not too extreme)
Good new for the anti-cheat system.

As for the youth system, I highly disagree.

The fact is that you start with 5 players that you most likely named with cautiousness because it would be the start of your manager career. We all know we will have to change player with better one, but some maybe will prefer to train their player with care. There is absolutely no point in giving player that are completly useless, it would be the same as starting with no player at all. Now the database must be filled with shitty player that will never be sold to anyone and today all team that invested in academy will have a huuuuge advantage over teams that didn't though that a 14 years old would be 3 time better than their original team.

Don't get me wrong, i found it good that you tried lower number. But i felt some pride when i was looking at my adc player that was doing good with 3 in adc and technical. Not even 24h after that, i have to discard him cause he is some sort of bronze player in reality and even a toddler player better than him.

Youth market is supposed to be a place where you find new talents to monitor and to train, not the pantheon of soloQ, so the player there should logically (in my opinion) be of lower quality but with high potential. Good players should be found by scout, not by academy.

This bring another issue. If academy players are supposed to be a little less good than the average player, you can't start with 3 pts player as max attribute. Because you won't be able to balance this. My opinion on this would be something like 5-10 points as starting attribute for initial player and 3-8 points for academy, or maybe more if you invest a lot, but they shouldn't be better than market player.

I mean what are we gonna do now with all these 3 points player ? Right now it seems like if there would be a tutorial it would go like "Don't bother with your first players, they are bots, just go and find 5 academy player to really start the game". And the market is now filled with 3 points player that nobody will ever want. I don't even want to invest on the 10 pts player that cost about 30k right now on the market (which totally broke the system imo), i will just look for 3 new members in the academy (since i have already 2) and really start playing tomorrow with a full new team i guess.

Anyway that's my view on this.
Right now I name my starting five, then forget about them immediately. Heck, only 2 of the original 5 even exist on my team.

If I could rename players whenever I wanted, that would be a different story.

I could just keep the names, no matter how often the players change.

Not the best idea, but at least we could keep the names.
Both solutions seem to solve the problem but I personally think the second one is more practical and efficient because not only would players be allowed to attach themselves to their starting 5 and it would give players a good feeling when we can use our starting 5 instead of getting rid of them as soon as we are able to! Thanks for hearing our input
A good idea for training players that are not currently starters, Since they don't play the team ranked, they should be able to play more solo queue games? I'm not sure if solo q games are able to give players stats though.
Becuse of the fact some of us went with in depth naming schemes like How I met your Mother and my own is special to me quite nostalgic a 1 time rename would be lovely so that I could have a decent team but still have the teams Knowing I'd have to add or change I selected a scheme with more flexibility but again its of a very nostalgic nature to me. If we could just keep the name but improve the starting spot I'd be quite pleased. I understand youth academy is important but you also need to build a youth academy it shouldn't be instanteously better than your starting team.
Also to be honest I wouldn't be against another full reset to Implement which ever fix you choose becuase of how this tilts everything so horribly atm
I also would be fine with another quick reset, because of how unbalanced everything seems with the youth academy players.
With "you won't get punished if you find a bug/loophole", does that include finding security related issues (e.g. unreliable escaping of characters, backend not checking the sent data and stuff like that)?
Would be fine with a player only reset too yes (not strategy please though, it took me long enough).

Maybe roll back to yesterday before academy spawn ? Or remove academy player and refund player if possible.
I propose then that instead of full reset we nerf the youth academy to appropriate level and already gained youth players will revert their stats to 0-3 as well.

I'm sure this will disappoint some players as well though who have already gained strong youth.
Either that or you could increase non academy player to a more appropriate level, as you prefer. If you really want to stick with 3 pts player resetting youth seem the better solution though.
Henri i really like that and +1 the idea. I really don't see a point in starting player if everyone is forced into the recruitment process rather than buying coaches and training your players. It develops the game's personality more and gives it a more personal affection for each player rather than a dry, similar experience.
That sounds like a fine idea, the nerfing of the youth academy players, but please let us know when, since he is in my starting line up. and I don't want him suddenly nerfed without me figuring out where to put him on the team before my team ranked games.
A youth player correction should certainly rebalance the game. Again Its not thinking that the youth academy is useless but believing that it should requires weeks of investment to truly have big dividends not a single day.
I totally agree with the points Whiden stated in his earlier comment..
As of now the overall gameplay feels kinda bad to those who didn't exspected that the upcoming stars are already waaaaaay stronger then our players we started with (which is pretty dumb.)
I do understand that you don't want to do a hardreset again (playerwise) but a nerf + compensation for those have invested in it seems to be the best idea.
I believe the 1st option to be the better one.
If you end up nerfing the youth players, I would highly, highly suggest that you make that decision immediately and communicate it to the community in the next few hours.

I know it's super short notice, but for the next daily reset I have 20k riding on youth players. It'd be quite disappointing to throw all my money at youth players now, only for them to be nerfed into the ground tomorrow.

Likewise, it'd be a shame if I would take all my money out of the youth academy, but then suddenly the decision would be made to not change anything.

Whatever decision you take, please do so fast :P The worst you can do is being wishy-washy, because then you always upset half of the people.
I honestly don't know how committed I'd be to the game if I couldn't take a roster full of my friends' names and still perform decently with them and watch us all improve. I'd prefer option two. That'll even let me choose the right roles for my friends :3

Plus, it's not like the only way to have a good team in real life is to constantly train new players. Maybe if you're looking at LCS, yeah, but if someone's content with division 3 so long as they get to keep their friends as their players, then I don't think they shouldn't be given the option, you know?
I think we all agree that it's pointless to spend time on naming your players, getting somewhat attached to them, only to switch them out at Day 2 and for them never to be heard of ever again.

This would also mean that all the funny, interesting, cool and unique names would be forgotten forever, whereas Faker9284 and lololololololholoholo would be everywhere.

So yes, please make sure that for the next reset / full release, your own players actually have decent stats OR that you simply start with 0 players and spend the first day "drafting" players that you can then name... I dunno, something like that perhaps :P
I'd probably be more in favor of buffing the starting 5 to moderate levels (6-9) while Academy players are just below that to start and improve with each investment.

Also, what's the deal with coaches? I've yet to have one. They could also play a role in improving numbers (not to crazy amounts) for the original players.
i would prefer the 2nd method as i really do get attached to my original 5. i would much prefer grinding them to be top 100 tier than trade till i get top 100 players. maybe make a middle ground where academy players could have better stats but there being an additional "Synergy" stat which would overall boost the team to make them comparable to higher stated players. afterall the best 5 players wouldnt make the best team
Too much random now Ithat i can't play game
I like the idea of naming youth players, it adds your own flair to the game
@user: This game is still in a very experimental test phase. Of course there's going to be lots of hiccups.

It's really not all that "random". Just spend some money on youth players and you'll be way ahead of the curb by tomorrow.
Not for me bro
There are a lot of people, who use additional accounts to get rid of their starting players now. They are basicly dead weight at this point.
Hope you got that on your list as well.
That would be a nightmare to look for.
Yep, I caught plenty of people doing this before the reset. Nothing came of it, so I stopped looking as I'd rather not waste my time when the perpetrators get off free XD
True. This way I have to assume, that this is a common thing and they kinda force us to do so.
Getting mutiple thousand for those starting player/scouted players. Looks so juicy.
Well the guys getting multiple thousands for 2 stat players are obvious and probably get caught. The guys setting up dummy accounts that only get 100 for theirs so they don't have to take a loss firing them are way harder to catch.