Financial management

Hey,

I was wondering, is there still no punishment for being in red financially? I see a lot of player bidding more than 20k for players on the market, sometime more than once (i think team pandemic is trying to get all the good player with really high bids), is there actually a downside to being under 0 ? I'm trying my best to have money but i'm starting to wonder if there is actually an impact.

If not, is it in your priority list ?
I remember reading somewhere that there is no punishment, but you won't be able to renew contracts or buy new players.

So obviously it should be avoided, but if you need to go into red for a few days to get that ONE awesome player or so, then that should be fine.

If I remember correctly, the Devs said that looking at some form of punishment for going into the red is on their list, but I wouldn't imagine that it's a priority at this point.
Thanks for the answer. If you can't renew contract or stuff like that, it should be enough as punishment for the early stage of the game :)
Indeed there will be a punishment for cheating/exploiting some known issues in this version of the game.
Well going red with the money should be looked at why tho, if a new player messes up some settings and goes into negative money that should not be punished at all
got none as well. but seems like some got it
I think your teams rep should take some pretty big hits if running in the red for multiple days cuase your essentially not being able to pay your players