Coaching - Why When How What

So I haven't found this question answered on the forums yet, *how long* does it take for a coach to improve a players stats, and what determines *which stats* will improve? I have 3 coaching sessions allocated to one player and it raised 3 points, Sup, Aggr, and Tech, even though this is his skillset:
4-ADC 5-TOP 8-MID 7-SUP 1-JUN 8-AGGR 0-LEAD 0-TECH
Why did it choose those stats?
Edit: It'd be lame if the answer was RNG favored towards the higher values :/
Yes Rng every 24 hours
More coach skill more % to raise that skill
Ah well, just another game mechanic to work around. Thanks for the response :)
It is not completly random. Depending on what your coach is the best at coaching, that skill is the most favored one to be improved at the daily update.
taking that into consideration yet it is a bit about luck but also using the proper coach for the role/attribute u want to improve.
I would also like to get rid of this kind of RNG training.

Imo its ok to have a rng based training in the youth academy, where the player just gets better overall, but after a certain player gets picked up by an org/a team you should be able to specify the training. Therefore it would be logic to me to make some kind of "rolespecific training". In which a Midlaner gets better at his Midlane skills and not his support/Adc/top/jungle skills.

The secondary skills (leadership/aggression/technical) could also be trained in a different way.
Leadership could be trained in ranked/league matches.
Technical to me is a perfect stat to improve via soloq games.
Aggression needs a counterpart or alternatives like warding(/vision), reacting to engages, harass trading, etc...
I sort of agree with you, but I guess this just means we'll have to utilize the player market a bit more and just roll with the RNG, tbh it could be a little ridiculous if you were able to just have an entire team of 15 at each of their roles, could just make strategy aspect of games irrelevant just by everyone winning lane. At least in the state of the game right now where there's few strategical options. At least this way you can plan around players that happened to acquire strong points in a role.
I can't even figure out how to assign coaching sessions.
To assign coach sessions you need to have a coach first of all.
Each coach has a total of 3 lessons which can be assigned.
You have to click on the player and reduce the amount if soloQ/Team Ranked Games and then replace it with coach sessions and click update.
Just ask if something was unclear