Soloq and Ranked

Am i the only 1 here that doesn't understand why subs (players that aren't actively on my team) also have to play the same number of team ranked games , even tho the team ranked is always played with just the players actively on the team ?

They are literally doing nothing but wasting time , so i would suggest that players not on the team , to be able to do full soloq (or training if people want that) instead. This seems like the more realistic and resonable option , especially if we will eventually get champion mastery for our players that should improve their performance on certain champions depending on the amount of games played on them.
I think they said that's one of the things they are working on. Could get kind of weird though since number of soloq games gets assigned at update and ranked game rosters can be switched on the fly. I hope that doesn't mean we have to keep the same roster for ranked games for an entire day.
they could make it that the roster for each ranked game be locked in advance or make players that have wasted all their energy(or moves) be unavaible when selecting a new team to take part in a ranked game