Academy Training

So I just got my first 10k academy player, he's pretty fantastic compared to just about all my other ones with a 16 Mid lane stat.

My issue is deciding between hiring him, or leaving him in the academy to train up.

So how useful is the actual academy training, does any one have any numbers to compare the cost of training vs saving up and just getting a 25 or 50k academy player?
If it took you that long to save up for one 10k player you might wanna try to get more of them instead of saving up to 25k or even 50k players.
The academy training itself is not that effective but neither is the training via coaches atm
Well it only took me that long because I didn't know how ridiculously strong they would come out so I didn't prioritize it.

I was really just trying to find out if the value of training in the academy would outweigh the value of just spending finding a player at a higher price point.
If they're at 16 in Mid, I'd say you're fine with not needing to train them any further. The only people who'll have much better players than that are the ones who did really well right from the start, and if that's the case they probably have perfectly tweaked strategies that got them there anyway.

My advice: Hire them as they are now, and down the track stick a coach on them when you pick one up. An upgrade like that (assuming you're using a default level midlaner) is large enough that you don't really need to worry about making it even bigger.