Academy Wages Bug?

So in the Academy screen it says that a certain player has a hiring wage of $500. But when I do hire him the wage becomes $1200. This has happened for the past two days on four players that I have hired from the Academy. Why does this happen? Is there a way for me to find cheaper wage players?
I have the same issue
Yep, also the stats reduce by 1
Henri says there is a hidden greed stat, when you start negotiating with the player it might ask for more money.

But perhaps it shouldn't be that influential as they are young players and in reality they shouldn't have that much leverage over negotiating terms. What do you guys think?
I don't mind the greed, it adds another layer to players, but it should be reflected in the hiring price.
The stat reduction is strange. As long as you are aware of it, its k.

The thing with salary is, that they won't "ask" for more money. They just take it after hiring.
The "Hiring Wage" is just a straight up lie/useless stat.
At the moment the wage gets doubled or even more sometimes. Hard to work with this.
I like the greed stat, it adds more variance to hiring players, but it should definitely be reflected in the hiring wage rather than being a surprise
I did read about the greed stat and I think it is a good idea. However, I do not believe a 15 year old academy player new to the pro scene will be able to negotiate double the wage that is offered from an organisation. It just wouldn't happen. I think the variance of the wages should be kept to +-25%.

I also believe that the stats should not drop when you hire them. Why bother showing the stats if you just drop them randomly when the player gets hired? What next? Market players get stat drops too?