Academy training

Does academy actually trains your players if you leave them there ? I was under the impression that it has been implemented already.

For example i left a pretty bad player there for a day , and gave him 1k $ to train per day. He has yet to gain any stats , which considering he's rather bad , 1 would expect the gain to be much visible.

So , in the end , does the training part of the academy works , or i was just unlucky and he gained nothing yet ?
Some have said it was implemented already but from things I've read here there are many people complaining about the same issue you are experiencing.
Since there was not verified comment by a dev. I would consider it as not implemented yet.
Let me know how it works now, as I buffed the system a lot.
k , this is weird. Last night i remember checking up my academy student , and it had an increase by 1 in top. Top or mid , can't remember exactly... after 2 days of training at 1k a day a 1k (i believe it was 1k since i was doing low on finances. Can't remember exactly , but it was certainly not over 5k) academy player (so relatively low stats)

giving 1k for 2 days to gain just 1 point seesm rather much considering the player had stats under 8 pretty much all around except for 1.

Not saying that academy players should gain stats fast , but i do think they should improve faster when they are crapier and as they get better , their training should give diminisehd rewards

Would be cool if we could chose what lane to scout and for what laen to chose to train as well

Anyway , i just logged 15 minutes ago again , after i woke up , to see that my player lost stats:

He used to have : adc 6 , top 7 (8 last night) , Mid 7 (or 8 instead of top) , supp 8 , jun 7 , aggro 5 , lead 3 and tech 5

I noted this just to keep track of his stats and improvement.

When i logged this morning i noticed that he has : ADC 5 , top 7 , Mid 6 , Supp 7 , Jung 6, Agg 5 , lead 3 , tech 5.

Edit : seeing the guy with the post about academy players not having the same stats after hiring (it decresed with 1 point all around) , well the same happened to my player , even tho it's still in academy.
Oh , and seeing that top is the only stat that did stay the same insteafd of decresing by 1 , compared to the day when i first got him , i'm guessing my player did gain 1 point in top
Do you need to have a trainer in orfer for the YA players to gain stats or it only depends on the money invested in the training?
no ideea , since i actually have a number of coaches , but i'm guessing it' mostly depends on the amount you decided to invest.

Still would love to hear more as to why academy players lose stats before i decide to use the academy training on a larger scale , or invest more money
Academy player stats were falsely rounded and their rounding has been fixed now. This is the reason you see a decrease in stats for youth academy players and this is why there was a problem where players lost stats when hiring from academy. They didn't really lose stats though, it was just the presentation.
so , after deciding to reduce my money invested in training to 500$ , my player improved to 5/7/7/7/7/5/3/4. There seems to be an obvious buff to the training part , seeing as i used 1k for 2 days earlier , and barely got 1 poijt , and now i used 500$ and after just 1 day , i gained 2.

That being said ,he gained 2 points (1 in mid , 1 in jungle) , but lost 1 in technical. Can someone actuually explain me a bit how does the skill decay system works ?
I feel as though players shouldn't drop points in the Academy.

I also feel as though players shouldn't drop points if they are playing a good amount of solo queue. Solo queue should be a deterrent to skill decay.
Good stuff to keep speaking about. Really feel progress is being made on very important areas =D