Players losing stats

4 of my players suddenly(3 starters) lost 1 stat point in different position, most of them even negated the points they gained through training, is that supposed to happen? all of them gave energy of 90%
Happened to a lot of my players too. Randomly lost some stats.
There is a system in place now that automatically decreases player stats depending on how high the stat is. The higher the stat the more the player will lose - it's so training at higher levels would be more difficult so you would have to invest more for each stat point. But I'm not sure how well it is balanced.

If you have a player with 20 stat and you have a trainer on him for 2 hours with 10 stat on it, with the current formula player's skill should stay exactly equal to what it was. That is if your facilities aren't upgraded at all because facilities enhance the training aspect.

Unless there is a bug where training doesn't work, this is a balancing issue and I will be thinking of a way to handle this.
Should they also lose stats with 4-5 points in it?
This skill drop feature is pretty much shit imo.

There are 11 coaches that u can hire atm.
Ive tried to get one for an affordable salary (<1500$) for 5 days now which makes a total of 25 offers. The lowest amount i got overbid with was someone offering 4500$. all the others were 5000 or more. And i didnt even make offers for the good coaches with 8+ stats.
So if you have 5players and each one requires 2coaching sessions a day to even stay at his current level, you need atleast 2 coaches which makes 10000$/day.
Tell me how someone around 1300 Teamelo and 3 sponsors should afford this.

Moreover the loss rate is way too high. My toplaner lost 6Points overnight.
If it continues like this pretty much all teams with no coach will end up having shitty 3-4skill players in a couple of days no matter how good they are now.

edit: My 5 Players dropped 11Points in total. Way too much imo.
I do not like this at all. Hiring trainers and having them actually boost my player stats was hard enough as it is. This 'feature' feels unnecessary and straight-up unrealistic.
How does 'losing stats' reflect in reality? As long as you are playing the game you should be getting better.

A more realistic and perhaps better approach to this would be having players lose stats in areas they are not trained in (if a player gets 2 stats in ADC they lose 1 in Top or something).
This wouldn't make training more difficult but it would add a strategic element to it witch is a better option in my opinion.
The idea is that skills drop naturally by a little bit, but training should cover this and be increasing the stats enough as to keep the player improving in the areas he's being trained as well as perhaps other type of games could be increasing naturally some stats.

I do not think the idea itself is bad, it's more like it needs balancing. I did nerf the natural skill decreasing.

The next daily update is supposed to bring more coaches by the way.
@Henri

With this update to skill decay, coaches are going to be more important, which means that people will be willing to pay more; demand is suddenly going to skyrocket for coaches. Higher demand in an open marketplace with bidding means that there will be higher prices (unless there are like 10 pages of coaches...and even then...). This means that only teams with strong economic infrastructure will be able to afford them right now (or just grabbing 1-2 crap coaches that likely won't counter-balance skill decay).

I know I'm just now purchasing another Sponsor slot, so this is going to make my ability to grab coaches more difficult for the next couple days.

On another note, is the coach bidding a secret auction or an open auction? I can't really tell how much money I need to invest into getting a coach at all.
It is an secret auction, you will not know if somebody overbid you or not.
When the daily update comes live you will be messaged if you had the highest bid or not.
i would suggest to use the coaches for analysis of your next opponent, pick and ban suggestions that bases on the analysis, and strategy suggestions.
so once a day you get the coach report. If the coach is bad the report is equally bad.

in the real world the players get their basic skill while playing soloq or in team alot.
Maybe a talent stat for the players would be nice that indicates how high the player can go and how fast he reaches his max. skill

right now the team with the better individual players pretty much win the game. As its mainly grouping @15 if you dont fuckup your teamcomp and buying prefs completely :D
seems like you create your strategy one time and thats it atm.

Before you go ahead and implement new stuff like facilities (which i like) i would focus on making the strategy aspect of this game more complex. Like baron fights, dragonfights, give your midlander blue, shotcalling, ...

additionally the coach could teach e.g. laneswaps etc
Strategy has definitely played a bigger role than player stats for me so far but there have been some huge strategic things that just about everyone has missed that don't exist anymore. Like grouping at 40 being way better than grouping at 15 during GS2 because a ranged champ set to way behind could singlehandedly hold off an entire team push 1v5 or during GS1 farm/stats not mattering at all after 15 min and the better team fight positioning always winning.