Energy level and facility effect reveal

In a few minutes you should be able to see all your player's stats rounded to 2 decimals. This will help with debugging as you will be clearly able to see if the stats are changing logically in different scenarios.

I'm also going to reveal how energy level and facilities right now work.

Every session, except training (which will use 0.5) will use up 2 energy points. Team ranked used to take up 3 energy points, but now 2 as well.
Base energy gain every update is now 15. It was 10.

So assuming you haven't built any facilities you should gain 15 energy every day which means 7-8 sessions all together (remember - the limit before was 10) without getting higher or lower in energy. Each level of gaming house and sleeping area gives also 1 point per daily update and utilities give 0.2 points. So with level 5 in all of them you should have extra 11 energy and altogether 26 energy per day. which is 13 sessions.

I will leave it like this for today, but I will be balancing this a lot of course.

EDIT: Changed training from 2 to 0.5.
Actually have around 3-5 in most facilities already :l
By the way I did have to put utilities from giving 0.5 to 0.2 as considering the upgrading price it is way too much.

In the next few days I will be trying to make the whole balance work as properly as possible, as it's still very likely that some things can be abused right now.
I still feel like you should just bring back the sessions. Maybe make a poll, to see what is actually more popular, maybe i am the only one voicing it but i really do feel that the energy level is bad game design
@momostar
Why? Sessions limits what you can do, there is no way around them. With Energy you can plan and invest in ways to improve faster.
Training costs 2? For some reason it felt like less.
Actually you are right. I just noticed, but the system due to mistake in code was actually giving +2 per training with a coach, not based on hours. I will fix this shortly.

EDIT: But i'm going to have to change it to +0.5 because otherwise it would be very unbalanced considering the previous.
I feel like two digit is too much. It's not user friendly. One would be enough.
I kinda agree with Whiden. One digit past the decimal is enough.
I feel like two digit is too much. It's not user friendly. One would be enough.
The rest is cool though :D
What about under player reports? Did you know you can see your player's historic skill change from the player view?

I could change it to 1 decimal in the all players view, but under historic change perhaps it could show still as 2 decimals so you can understand training better.
Yeah the new feature to monitor the evolution of our player is cool (can't wait for a graphic). But even for the "more info" player tab, two digit is too much. I like the transparency, but we shouldn't be able to decipher the algorithm of your application. We are manager, not gods, we are supposed to try and test stuff and see if our player improve without knowing the exact amout of improvment.

Honestly no, one digit is enough, really :D
@solae So does energy, as soon as you get under 75% your players play worse.
Its super limiting, With he sessions it indicates how many free hours of a day, like 12-16 depending on the balance. You use them as you see fit. way better game design. Everyone will try and stay above 75% anyways whivh limits you too, so sessions make more sense
1 energy point for league games?
Man this energy story sucks, cant play a single game ranked anymore whithout losing, so its 1 day play ur games and 5 days off to get 100% ? This isnt fun
Agreed, since the energy update, i'm not even playing anymore. It's been 3 day that all my player are just on rest, no ranked, no solo q, no streaming, and just minimum training. Go back to session system, it was way better.
@Whiden

What? What's the issue? Everything's fairly even now, especially in regards to applying the Facilities to how much a player can handle. I have a ton of training sessions for my main roster with a couple of Team Ranked and Solo Queue while the rest of the team streams. Is there a specific problem that you're running into? It seems my team is operating just fine.
The problem is that my players ended up at 40% energy before the energy recovery buff. So I had to wait 3 days with doing nothing for them to get back in the 75% zone. RIght now they are closer to that, but it's just feel annoying and is too much of a hasle to have to calculate exatcly what i can make them do before they get too tired. That, and the fact the the settings are taken into account the next update, so you waste a whole day. So yeah, i connect less and less because of that and my hype is getting down. Even if i get back into the "ok energy" zone, i have lost the passion.
So we have to spend all the money we have in some facilities ? I dont like the game this way.
It appears to be just fine now. The first days were struggling, cause I had no idea of the previous days schedule.

Without facilites you can have five days with ten sessions each. Take the weekend off and you are fine. (Maybe take of league games on the weekend)
This is pretty realistic and with facilities you can go for a 6/1 week later on.
Kinda annoying at first, but totally fine overall.
So I have some questions to help with the issue

1. Do you prefer that the optimal percentage range would be higher so that things would be more forgiving? Perhaps it could be 50-95% and you will do fine.

2. Do you think that solo queue and ranked settings should be applied instantly, but not after the games played? Essentially all 4 settings would take place at the same time so you would have a better understanding how things change.

3. Perhaps energy gain should be buffed even more?

4. Do you still want to go back to session based system? This would remove a lot of mechanics energy can give though.

These questions are directed to everyone.

I really wouldn't want to remove the energy system from the game though. Perhaps the 2) one could help the most as then all the settings would be completely responsive. And perhaps there could be a suggestion for new players to limit their training to 10 sessions for example and all calculations are initially based on that you are able to do 10 sessions.
2+3 imo, this will make the game more fun, and i think thats why we want to play this game. If i have to wait days to recover ill gona lose my intrest
If you wanted to be really transparent maybe an energy breakdown for players in the reports tab? Something like:

Player A:
-20 training
-8 team ranked
+40 recovery
(Either training costs are low or facilities do a ton)
1- No, that wouldn't be logical.
2-Yes, would be good if the settings update would apply immediately, but how will you manage code-wise ? Isn't the current day schedule calculated on update based on current settings ? If that the case, i don't see how you will manage, if someone want to do 8 team ranked when there is only one hour left till day update. But i would like instant update though.
3 - Not sure if it is needed, i believe we can manage about 2 session right now, so it's fine i guess.
4 - Honestly, session system, with a bit of expansion, such as "x amount of session available by player, x being calculated by player endurance and x can be extended at cost of performance from the player (streaming too much till it get dangerous for player performance for example)".

But what i would really like :

5- Why not a full schedule system ? With hour by hour program ? You can set exactly how you want your player to spend their time. Team ranked slot would be applied to every player and you can chose for each player, by hour, what you want them to do (soloQ, streaming, training) ?
1) 75% is fine.
The performanc loserate could get harder with a lower energy lvl. So 70% won't affect the performance that hard.

2) Apply energy drain of teamranked before they are acutally played might be a problem, since you want to swap players in the middle of the day.

3) No need. You can have five days of ten sessions each. Take the weekend off. When you stop league games at weekends this works just fine. Feel like this is a good starting schedule.

4) No, just no. Session system is just boring and the energy system gives more options.

jaegy already pointed it out: we just need some more transparency of the energydrain.
My main issue with what I hated about the energy system was the idea that i was so behind from the start with energy on all my players and having to pretty much cut off all activities and buy a lot into facilities to get back to normal. I am now, as of today, back in a good range for my players to perform optimally. With that being said, I do like the energy system, but I only like it if i am able to see everything going on with energy from day to day. I like #2 and the idea of just being able to see everything so that I can prevent screwing myself.
I think everything would be fine with the current system but more transparceny, i.e. a energy history like we have now (in the player tab) but with the number of team ranked / solo queue / training / streaming displayed and a line with the schedule for the day to come so people will have an easier time planning energy levels.

Exemple :
Date SoloQ Team Ranked Streaming Training Energy
01 / 07 5 3 4 5 85
02 / 07 4 3 2 4 87
03 / 07 6 3 4 4 86
Today 5 3 3 5 ?
Edit : double post
TsMety has a good point about #2. What if instead the energy levels of players were constantly updated as they played games (performance level could still lock in at the start of the day).
Question:
What us the benefit of purchasing a gaming house over other facilties? I am wondering whether or not investing in a gaming house, which costs around 10 times more than the other facilties, is worth it.
e: Lied, watch below
e: go further
oh, forgot about that. guess I lied, sry
According to henri's faculty point reveal post, gaming house gives the same stats as other facilties. But, why does it cost 10 times the amounts of investment and maintenence of other facilties?
There is a link above your post. Click it!