Where did the player I was in a bid war for go???

So, there was this player who had moderate stats across the board (nothing more than an 8), but he had more than my jungler. He had over 1700 Elo and only a 430 wage, so I considered it worth it, despite the bids getting up into over $2,000 (especially because of the low Wage).

I got a message "You have been overbid 2016-06-30 16:03:47 No", but when I checked at 16:11 (which I've taken a screenshot of), the player was off the market. I immediately checked the owner I was in a bid war with, and he didn't have the player either. 15 minutes hadn't passed since the previous bid, which means that he was taken off the market somehow. What gives? Why did he just disappear? Were the bids going too high? Did the anti-cheating system detect that the player wasn't skilled enough for that price? I was full and willing to pay it...

For reference, the player had a reference ID on the market of "3054", but that's not his player number.
Happened to me too when I bid 5k on a guy with 2100 elo, 300 wage and 6 as his highest stat.
If a player has like 10+ bids, it's not cheating; it's a bid war. :'(
This also has happened to me twice.
One just happened a few minutes ago.
Similar, I put a player on the transfer market and now they're no longer on there.