[Design discussion] "Lore" and Team icons

Hey everyone,
Let's discuss some future visual and lore parts of the game. I think we should start giving the game and the teams a bit more character with some "backstory". Although it's a manager game, I think we could still somewhat logically implement the good vs bad sides. What if we take a similar approach as league itself has - Noxus vs Demacia but with the names you nominate instead. We could later do a vote for the names.
Where could we use it?
It's pretty much up for discussion, but I have had some ideas myself. Since we are going to implement team icons/avatars/images soon™ then why shouldn't we start it with the option to show your team's "political" views. Your team supports the bad guys or the good guys, simple. Here's a visual example I made http://i.imgur.com/qXXmUCO.jpg (although the armored boy is not drawn by me). You order the icon and it gets shown everywhere your team name is present (see example http://i.imgur.com/c7YSKGS.jpg). The price could be around 1-2$ maybe, it's yet to be considered. This could develop into a Game of Thrones-like Noble House logic with your desired banners etc.
I wanted to put it out for discussion, to gather some ideas and opinions. What do you think?
This is the type of design choice that would make me want to buy in but would not affect the game in a negative way if I didn't. This is the sort of stuff that would benefit the game: a way to feel more immersed without giving any in-game bonuses. Now, would buying into a faction be a one-time purchase or part of a $1-2 monthly subscription? It feels that assigning an icon is purely aesthetic and therefore wouldn't be terrible in a sense to keep it as a one-time purchase. This /is/ definitely the sort of thing that would help the community grow by feeling more involved, simply by belonging to a faction.

On a side note, it wouldn't be a terrible idea for people to be able to "purchase" a faction (for a significant price point, getting a new sub-faction...unless you feel that it would get out of hand or would never be used).

Again, this is a great idea. Just need to know if it's going to be a one-time payment or part of another subscription plan.
I really like the idea! :)
How about an icon editor though?
For example, you could combinine different shapes or manipulate preset icons to create your own individual team icon?
That way people could create any icon they want to represent their team, be it some kind of lore based icon like the ones you suggested, or maybe some kind of E-Sports team logo.
It should be so that u could make ur own icon not only 2
thats what i have to say, but its sound so nice!!
I think it's a good idea, and that editing / creating our own icons would be really cool
might be interesting to see.

On a sidenote , the snake is so much cooler that's not even a contest
Cant wait to read the back stories xD
I have mixed feelings about this idea but it might be fun.

I would suggest, however, making more than two factions. Instead of two competing sides ("good vs evil") why not have a few competing houses with their own unique characteristics. This would be a more interesting and personal choice for players and would be more in line with Game of Thrones-like Noble House logic you speak of.

Of the top of my head the four factions could be something like:

Conquerors: Those who most value strength and aim to win by overpowering their opponent with their superior force.
Scholars: Those who value knowledge over all and focus on strategy and cunning to win. Even when odds are against them they know they can count on their wits to succeed.
Entrepreneurs: Those who see most value in well managed resources and smart investments. What they lack in strength and wisdom they compensate with hard earned gold.
Adventurers: Those who do not focus on success but rather on enjoyment and experimentation with wild and unpredictable tactics.
I really dislike the notion of not being able to upload our own Team Logos.

I made the London Dynamo one a while ago and use it proudly elsewhere - so I want to use it here too!
I dont quite see the point for this in a manager game Oo like eh

well, if it helps the community.
Hm, why not but this whole house battle game of thrones style feel out of subject for a manager game.
I agree that this idea feels completely out of place. I also think that the faction thing would add another cool layer to the game. Competing together with your faction for most points or whatever adds another way to 'win' the game. Which is fun. All and all, I have mixed emotions about all this.

EDIT: Just came into realization. This is *not* out of place. This is just like Europe vs NA vs Korea vs etc. thing. Maybe we could go with this? Regions instead of factions? Factions are a bit cooler tho'...
Would be nice if it wasn't binary. Not sure how you plan to release it but perhaps it would be good to go with 4-6 or 8 and them periodically have events based on "teams" and maybe new icons for the winners so to speak. IDk just spitballing.
Like the lore, and would also like to kinda make custom icons
The little extra's are always welcome. Decent idea and thoughts. but nice to add something like this. Light vs dark or red vs blue might be bit to much. But perhaps indeed make some good names. Or more choise. Lore behind it would be nice to see where they come from and what they strive for.
Yeah, the site is honestly a tad dry in that respect. Very solid implementation if done.
The teams should represent "mocks" of the introduced factions of League, of course, as the Champions do.

Team Justice; Team Bloodlust; Team Industrial; Team Small Furry Things; Team Balance; Team Sun Disc; Team Shadows; Team PIRATES YARG
It would be neat if everyone followed along with that, but regulating people to have names a certain way would probably be more work than it is worth.