New Test Server

Hi,

I'm planning to open a new test version of the game to test all the new balance changes and features before I let them into the main version - this one.

The goal of this test server is to increase the development and testing speed of the game. The game would be running on 24x pace - 1 daily update per hour and 1 season lasting for a day.

I understand it can be a risky choice as players can get a really quick overview how economy and the game changes over time which gives the possibility to learn about the game too quickly compared to the main live version and it might ruin the experience. What do you think about that?

Changes in the test server would be implemented unannounced and might be seemingly changing randomly. Balance will be changing a lot and new features will be coming without warning. This is to ensure full attention on development and getting feedback from it. Once some changes and features seem stable in the test server they will be brought over to the main server with a warning before hand and an update with the exact changes.

Test server might go through random resets all the time so you should be vary of that as well.

What do you think of this and what do you think of the speed being multiplied 24 times?

If people seem fine with that I would like to open this server for everyone today.
24 seems a bit extreme , since even the most hardcore gamer needs to sleep a couple hours. If it were me , i'd make it something like 6x. That way each day lasts 4 hours , and assuming 1 does his moves right at the begining of a game day , then goes to sleep , goes afk for 6-7 hours , he can still wake up and make his moves for the next day without losing any day

I understand that would be a lot slower , but at least players won't waste "days". It's pointless to make a 24x speed server if the players can't keep up , and actually make different choices in each hour , and it would give false readings since a lot of them would skip multiple ingame days
Well if the fast pace is reallly helping then keep it. I dont think anyone plays as competitive on the pbe server then here so it should be fine. Only fear would be players would invest more into pbe and have less time for the original game :D
i kinda disagree with that as well. I'd love to see the main server get faster a bit (2x speed) because there is very little to do , except the 10 minutes after a dayroll , and maibe 15-20 minutes of scriming and strategizing before a league game.
But a day being a day is how it should be. This isn't a game I sit on for hours at a time (That's what actual LoL is for) it's just something I check on in the morning, make my moves, and then get on with my day.

I agree that 24x for test server is a bit much. Maybe 6x as suggested above.
and u can't for example make your moves in the morning and in the evening (assuming a 2x speed) ? A ingame day at 12h seems resonable even for our main server IMO
Sounds great for testing purposes. I would probably create an account and check on it once every season
I preferred the idea suggested before of 12x speed. I honestly think at 24x speed a lot of the information you want to gain might be misleading because players simply wouldn't be able to keep up.

6x might actually be better, for example players could easily miss sponsor income as a sponsor expires, if the game is set at x24 then you lose 24 days for 1 day offline.