Cheating

Well it's easy to get money by bidding with another account on to your players. But this is waaay to obvious. Henri, Netstand? any ideas to get rid of these kind of managers? Because i think this is just not fair and destroys this super game.

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4376/kwgybofg_png.htm
It is and I did think of it, but as it's still testing period I decided to leave some thinking time on how to exactly approach the issue.

The keypoints I have thought of are:

1. One person should not be allowed to have more than one user in the first place. For that we could implement a system that detects it however obviously this system can't be foolproof and using VPN etc it could be easily tricked.
But I am thinking that still an algorithm should be running that is constantly looking for plausible double accounts by some coded indicators.

2. An automatic system that detects irregular bets on the market and reports them (if a player skill is too low for that bid to be realistic for example). The bids will be then manually reviewed or perhaps automatically cancelled as being too unrealistic.

3. For newly created users there should perhaps be a limit on how much a team can spend on the transfer market. Low enough that cheating would become extremely obnoxious and detectable.

4. Give users a manual ability to report potential cheaters. Hand to hand with automatic algorithmic system it would weed out most of them.

As transfer market is currently the only obvious way to cheat, I'm thinking these systems will be enough to eliminate all cheating from the TM, but there will probably be other potential features that can be cheated on coming as well.

This will be definitely something I will look at some point before we start the game actually.
Hey, I've got some Ideas on the issue.

1- Set the starting bet corresponding to player ELO, in example, if player ELO is 1100 max starting bet should be around 300, if player ELO is 1150 max starting bet is 500. (of course you'd have to work out how to balance the prices out as these are just random numbers)

2- Add a currency system to limit the number of bids a player can do per day, in example Sponsors:

-Nike money 2000 and each day that this sponsor is active you receive 1 token.
-Razer money 1000 each day you receive one token and after each league game also.

So each time you bid a token is consumed.

Just some Ideas I had while thinking about this (of course keep in mind you would have to balance it your way as these are random numbers I just throw there haha)

-Dertheia
@Dartheia these are some cool ideas :)
@Henri yeah those are good points :)
Yeah meanwhile Nimble-gaming2 will get 90k out of this. Like, come on man, seriously? Even in beta ?
imo if you can keep your account from beta to the actual game u may delete those accounts/managers to avoid a riot :P
Don't worry. Nimble Gaming won't be receiveing an unfair advantage :)
I don't know what you did, but my player doesn't show up anymore in the market if i am on the market tab.

They are shown as "being on the market" though if i watch it from "more info on the player".
I'll check on that. Which player?
Gloubisteur. It doesn't matter much, i will kick him anyway, but that must be a bug
well well we got a bug :)
There was an issue with resolving the players over deadline. It is resolved now. There were bunch of players stuck.
"3. For newly created users there should perhaps be a limit on how much a team can spend on the transfer market. Low enough that cheating would become extremely obnoxious and detectable."

Imo this shouldn't happen. Maybe some new player wants to get a strong team straight away, so he shouldn't be restricted to give high bids for good players, therefore I recommend not adding any limit on bidding.
The other mentioned points should be more than enough to combate cheaters.
As for now ppl you abuse the system should be closed, they ruin the testing for everyone, ban them and delete their team. Or simply take all their money away
2 guys fron 12000 is legit on the market ?
TL balls for 8800 ?
Dertheia himself looks to be doing that now :p
Considering one of your Community Managers has done this, do you not care if people do that right now? Or is this something that is looking to be dealt with?

I know I wasted $15,000 on the academy on three people that were horrible, and would love to get that money back and then some. So if this is something that isn't punishable, I'd love to know!
Hmm that's a wrong assumption tho, I sold 3 players I wasn't using, all of them were 16 stats and one of those birds got over 5k by two teams the other two were hired by the same team.

But yes, exploiting the auction house should be bannable and I'm pretty sure that the accounts with that kind of behaviour will be deleted.

Anyway feel free to report any unusual behaviour you spot on other accounts, I'm sure it will give developers an easy time tracking exploiters down.

-Dertheia.
I took photo evidence because I could tell that you'd deny my claims after they were sold. Obviously you couldn't deny my claims while the sales were happening as people could look at that point.

But why lie? Just admit it and you may save face and everything will go fine :/

You say they all had 16 in stats, but one of them was even:

ADC 9 Top 11 Mid 3 Support 1 Jungle 1 Technique 5, which went for over 5000 dollars...

As I said, photo evidence that I can email in. You're a good guy, so please don't fib and say they had 16 in stats :/
If the developers find out I was cheating then I don't mind getting the proper punishment since that's the way it should be.

And please don't try to blackmail Community Managers again, I'm sure that it will be a bannable offense in the future set of rules.

By the way, this is the current state of the auction house:

https://slack-imgs.com/?c=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FdZKmGSl.png

Any accounts incurring into cheating behavior will be revised and tracked down for the proper punishment.
Cheating will be not tolerated
Where did I blackmail... Blackmailing is when you use something to bribe someone into getting your way, or else they will suffer from what you have.

I did not do that anywhere, so fix yourself...
1-"Just admit it and you may save face and everything will go fine".
2-"As I said, photo evidence that I can email in".

Blackmail: refers to a situation that arises when a person threatens another person with some form of punishment (2) if they do not offer some form of concessions (1).

I wasn't available due to personal issues, reason I wasn't a 100% available at the forum (which I am trying to be).
No, blackmail is when you demand money, a favor, an object or something of that sort, or else you will release compromising, or some form of information on that person.

So again, I did nothing wrong.

Fix yourself : P
Please guys/lads let's keep forum clean
There is alot going on on the market, new players trying to get money or somthing
I personnally sell a player atm and i have no clue how the / he reached 20k$ (since he have 6 technique)
Well in the market there is an obvious cheater i think (check top bid team solo balls, team solo ad?)