Round 9 Esports report

HeyLetsParty here with your coverage of the 2016 lolmanager tournament. It was quite and exciting round, lots of star performances with all the teams. However, it wasn't a great day for many as they fail to overcome their opponents and are left wondering where they went wrong.

The day started with 32 teams and now we are down to the final 16. From here on out the games will get harder and I for one am excited to see how these coaches and managers adapt to this current meta. Without further ado with get right in to the action with HeyLetsParty's Games of the week!

Starting off we have the number 1 team, maybe even the most dominate manager and team we have ever seen in lolmanager history - Immortal and his team "Above the Rest". His opponent was the lowest remaining seed in the tournament but thats not to take anything away from him as he has had upsets in the past - Xcellenz and his team "Team Weeb"! The action started out fast but as the casters and analyst pointed out Team Weeb made a major drafting mistake allowing Evil Master to make it all the way around to "Above the Rests" second round of picks. This major flaw, maybe it was nerves by their coach, allowed ATR -Faker to grab one of his best champions. We don't need to tell you how dominate ATR - Faker's reign has been as one of the number one mid laners in the game. He finished the game an impressive 31-4-27 just ripping through "Teem Weeb". Now lets not forget the top laner either, Soulhunter, He followed up with an impressive 11-3-48 performance on The Cane. These two players together allowed "Above the Rest" to take the game in a dominating fashion. This game left me wondering if anyone will be able to stop this team. They simple seem to be unbeatable right now.

My second game we see two juggernauts facing off, Leudenbach12 and his team "Fire in my Hole" or FIMH for short playing against the veteran Jaegybomb and his team "Cloud 9". Pretty standard bans down the line, slightly interesting call by Cloud 9 to ban weathergirl in the first round. There is a chance that if maybe they had banned ice bird instead that it would have really taken some of FIMH's power away. Nevertheless that isn't what we had and FIMH's mid laner Jaeden78 got ice bird and completely dominated the game. His final score line was 25-7-12, Cloud 9 just wasn't able to get to him. The pyro girl/ice bird combo seems to be too much cc and Cloud 9 just couldn't get on priority targets. In a very uncharacteristic performance Cloud 9's C9 Sneaky was unable to get rolling, finishing 3-14-4 he had nearly no impact in the game. This was a tough loss for the veteran Jaegybomb, I look forward to seeing if he can bounce back and reclaim his past dominance on the scene. Congrats to Leudenbach12 on a hard fought victory, lets see how he continues to do in this tournament.

My final game is one that I would consider the upset of the week. Arram's "Tortallan Knights" vs Greatcapyy's team "The Shield". The draft is pretty standard other than "The Shield's" high priority pick on the Rock, but it paid off. Draft v1, "The Shield's" top laner showed his true mastery over the Rock leading the team to a victory with an MVP performance of 40-9-49. This has to be one of the best performances on Rock I've ever seen. He repeatedly destroyed "Tortallan Knights" adc Alanna in every team fight. Even though she was on boomerang she just couldn't stop Draft V1 from blowing her up in every team fight. Very impressive performance from "The Shield" I can't wait to see if they can keep up this up.

That wraps up this weeks Esports report, do you agree? Feel like I missed an important game? Leave your comments below.
Awesome write up. For the record I tried a super exploitive/exploitable pick and ban strat to make up some ground that he countered at the last minute. If he hadn't changed the line ups would have been:

Bans:
Annie Janna Nasus GP

Him (Blue)
Trist Ali Sion Cho TF

Me (Purp)
Siv Morg Jax Amumu Vieg
Good luck to all remaining managers in the tournament, you guys have done exceptional well.

Edit: Take care Jaegy, these managers sandbag their usual tactics to hide their real strategy
Thanks, it was fun to do. Yeah that makes sense, I might be in the minority but I don't feel sad mummy is really worth being in the first two rotations pick, invis lady works just as well. gandmaster/cane or interchangable but one person getting tf/evil master and the other getting neither almost always means they lose.
I felt like Amumu had a higher priority in our matchup since stealing it forced him down on to Cho Gath jungle. Also, yea I do the same thing Ed. I just felt like I had to take a risk to make up some ground if I wanted a shot at beating a top 3 team. Having the concept that soloq is useless and you just grab a star player from scouting for sponsors ingrained in my head from beta had me really far behind when it came to champion mastery and I wasn't smart enough to catch on in time.
Jaegy I really wonder what would have happen had you banned weathergirl then pyro/dark angel. First rotation picked pyro/ice bird. Just dig deep on the support ban. You'd still get cane, and you'd have boomerang.
Yea, it was just hard to pull the trigger on a grab pyro and ban him off every other support strategy when he had been showing he was banning pyro every game leading up to this. Him banning out pyro could negate both the weather girl and dark angel bans if I went that route. I got mindgamed.
and up until 8 min before the match he hadn't logged in in 8 hours so I was still holding out hope he wouldn't change :)
--