Weekly recap no.2 - Season 2 ended! Season 3 begins!

WEEKLY UPDATE NUMBER 2: Season 3 begins

Written on: September 22nd 15.00 server time

First of all i got to apologize for being a little late on this, i planned on doing this before the season’s first games but then some real life got in the way, so here we are today:
Season 3 has begun, we are on its second day.

So how’s team ranked looking? Well, Wursthaze’s Smokeweed69 and Fire In My Hole of Too Much Salt are still no.1 and 2. The latter standing at 2056 ELO and the former even already on 2121! The Top 5 are filled by Providedbe’s DPS King, Dat Boi’s Beyond da Rift and The Chosen Few, managed by Salvarity, those guys being between 1999 and 1956 ELO. An honorable surprise mention goes to 6th spot Team Solosquid, who wasn’t even close to that high a ladder position durin the last time I wrote here (Although shortly later, when the season ended, the team already occupied the 9th spot).

Speaking of season 2 ending, I am sure you can all read the finalized ladder standings while that happened in the HALL OF FAME so I won’t bother being redundant here, what I will report on, however, are the results of our 5 highest Leagues – As well as who’s new in them. Differently from last time, I shall go from last to first, keeping the results of Division 1 until the very end. :-)

Division 2 (#4): And the winner was… Enjoy The Game! With a record of 16-2 TSMety’s team booked the ticket for Division 1! They narrowly beat SSV Normandy (15-3), while Fantasticfive and Hytherings shared 3rd place with a 13-5 record. On 11-7 and 10-8 respectively, Esports United and FiveFoxies showed that they deserved to stay in Division 2, as the relegated teams Wooof (6-12), RS e-sports (4-14) and especially Overpowered and LDIV1 (both 1-17) could not even get close to a score like theirs and are relegated into DIV 3.

New to Div 2 (#4) in Season 3 are the following five teams: Playing the Victim, Animal Server, Gods of Destruction, Creation and Affenhaze, surprisingly all coming in as Division 3 winners. Along with those teams that remained from Season 2, who can advance to Division 1? Who’ll do a Team Coast and plummet to Division 3? Next week we’ll know more!

Next up, Division 2 (#3). On 16-2 as well, Doom Bots is the name of the team to advance to Division 1 for Season 3 – Pushing Alevo’s Team (14-4) to second place, whereas just like in DIV 2 (#4), two teams shared third: Clowns with Guns and Fanatic, both having ended Season 2 with a record of 12-6. Clear 5th went to Nektanebo, whereas the saving 6th place was fought for fairly hard: Winterfell Direwolves (5-13) and Das Boot (6-12) narrowly missed it, as Lets Do It managed to save themselves a spot for Season 3 with and end result of 7 wins and 11 losses, even after losing all of their last five League matches (and dropping below 1500 team ELO)…or would have. For reasons of competitive integrity, they got sent way further down the league system. This league was completed by The Shield and former ranked ladder first place Aurora on 9th and 10th place with 4-14 and 3-15 records. Both of them, like Das Boot, have dropped as low as under 1300 team ELO as well, so it’s not terribly likely that any of them can return to DIV 2 any time soon.

For season 3, this Division was joined by Cloud 9, TeamSaltyMid, Team A, LAN Flamers, Team3 and Yung Legends – Also all of em DIV 3 winners, which means something scary for everyone in DIV 2 (#1): All of the 3 who have fallen out of Division 1 are in their Leagues. Why only 3? Will come to that later.

Now, for Division 2 (#2): This one was the closest. Its winner could only be determined by an ELO-tiebreaker, as both Blank’s ASAPMOB (winning all of their last 6 games!) and PuffyThePig’s Dank Memsters Reformed stood strong at 16-2. Unlucky for Puffy, ASAPMOB had 9 (!) more points of ELO, hence Blank could open the champaign bottles and now is playing in Division 1, while the Dank Memsters reformed will have to struggle through an extremely tough league this season, if they want to end up in DIV 1. More on that later, first, the rest of the results: Apart from the Memsters, Tortallan Knights and Imanity (both 13-5) as well as Chelsea LC (12-6) and TeamNameUnknown (7-11) managed to keep their spots in this DIV 2. On the other hand, Veni/Vidi/Vici will have to try to come, see and win in Division 3 now (5-13 score), just like Newbie Rush (3-15), B-J Gaming (3-15) and 10th place Obvious FF, who had to FF 16 games while winning only 2.

New in this Division fort he third season are Geeks Inc., Hexagonal, Seized, ThePlayable and my very own World Party. Who will Ryze? Who will fall? And most important of all, who will meme (apart from puffy’s team ofc, they’re reformed I guess… )?!

Lastly in DIV 2, the (#1) League: Providedbe and his team DPS King remained the only undefeated team among the top leagues – the perfect 18-0 Fnatic season! Of course desevedly resulting in a DIV 1 spot for season three. Also with a positive record, and staying in this division, we have Xenoon with 15-3, The Chosen Few on 12-6, the choo-chooing HYPE TRAIN and FireFoxFive on 11-7 and Genesis Supercluster, ending Season 2 in the saving 6th spot and a 10-8 record. The teams to have to look for cheaper food places in DIV 3 will be 5 random noobs by far the best of the last four at 7-11, Snix esports (3-15), We dem Bois (2-16) and the probable bot (feel free to correct me if I am wrong here, yet 1383 ELO is … very low for this league) Draft Punk1 at 1-17.

The emptied spots are taken for Season 3 by all three DIV 1 relegated teams Shadowblade, Above the Rest AND Try Hard Mackko as well as two Div 3 winners Team Solosquid and Tilted so much. Having ALL three of the former DIV 1 members will probably make this the toughest and most packed DIV 2 of the bunch. Can any of them make a return to DIV 1? Or can one oft he other hungry teams clinch a spot among the 10 highest rated teams in lolmanager e-sports?

Well, for Division 1, I guess I already spoiled who dropped out, apart from last place LDIV2, who, recognized as a bot, got dropped to Division 6. So, let’s jump right into the Season 2 „World Champion“ announcement *drumroll*: …yeah, it’s Smokeweed69. Though this might have been expected, it was close. The Wursthaze-managed team ended the season on a high (heh) record of 15-3; and that was only 1 win ahead of Jordian’s 4Profits at 14-4. If there was a bronze medal, it’d have went to Fire In My Hole with 13 to 5 as a final result. Meanwhile, Pride Rock (12-6), Beyond da Rift (11-7) and Clean Team (9-9) filled 4th to 6th place, staying in the highest competitive lolmanager League.

It remains to be seen if any oft he teams that won their DIV 2 seasons will be able to compete with these six top dogs. Who will win season 3’s number one League? Who will drop down to Division 2? 18 games is a long season, and seeing as the meta just shifted (stay tuned for another game recap next time! Sorry none today, the text is already so long…) we might just be in for a couple of surprises throughout the highest leagues!

Love and Greetings again from me, I hope Y’all are enjoying this game and its competition as much as I do. Apologies again for being slightly late on this, i hope it was entertaining anyway.
As last week, i’m going to say: If you have any suggestions, feel free to post here or message me about them! And with this: See ya next week! :-)
I love the write up, great work.

Divisions are looking really tough guys, good luck all.
That feeling of pride when both of your teams are mentioned in the update x)

Once again, a great piece of article. Can't wait for next week!
Really good read :)
Good job as always :)
Awesome ! I can't wait to be in there in season 4-5
New stuff to read, when coming home. nice!
Hope you can keep going
You do amazing content! Keep it up. :D
Thx for the content buddy ! I would love if u continue :3
Senpai noticed me :>
Thank you all for the kind words :)