Sense of Pride

So I bought a 13 y/o Academy player about a season ago and having moved him to my main roster now that I've felt he's developed long enough and seeing him do well and now match my current starter in SoloQ I'm having a real sense of pride for this player. Basically I'm just curious if any of you guys have had a similar situation occur where you're proud of your team or a player on your team
Yea, been focusing a lot on youth development, as thoes players will be my main team in 2 seasons or so.
How long do you guys develop a player for? I have found it kind of becomes a money pit
I kept my player in the academy for I think the equivalent of one season, when he turned 14 I brought him up, trained at 100k a day. He's now been on my bench with a trainer for half a season and is about the same stats as my starter. I could probably turn around and sell my starter and make up a good bit of the investment while still having a good player who's only going to get better because he's young
Wow fair play. I'd love to have developed mine for that long at that expense, but financially I just can't justify that kind of investment.
The 100k a day was about a third of my profit at the time so yeah it was an expensive investment but I think it'll be worth it