Understanding the Math of MobaManager

Understanding The Math

This guide is brought to you by The Academy Project
https://www.mobamanager.gg/community/forum/topic/show/2603

So there is a lot of math inherent in this game. The entire internet is just a bunch of binary numbers anyway. This guide will focus on figuring out the HEALTH of AD CARRY ROCKET GIRL as of 10 November 2016. The values given may change due to the nature of the game but the concepts are truly timeless.

The first thing to do when trying to figure out the values in a build is to find a base value. The easiest way to do this is with your own scrims. Just set your ADC’s Health to 0% and head into a game. As soon as you enter the game, pause the replay and record the health of your adc. After you’ve done so continue below.

--------------------------------------------------

The value you should’ve gotten is 425. That is your base value referred to as b for the rest of this post.

Now it’s time to test a build number. Lets try the highest number I can count to, 5. Push that slider up to 5%, then run a scrim. Record what the health is at the beginning of the game.

----------------------------------------------------

The value you should get is 539. For good measure, lets get some more values now. I suggest 10, 20, 50, 100.

-----------
Values we have so far
0% - 425
5% - 439
10% - 453
20% - 481
50% - 564
100% - 703

We probably didn’t need all of these but it is good to check. Now lets do the math.

Let y be our total health.
Let b be our base health
Let x be the percentage of build allocated to health.
Let z be the value of each health point

Y = b + xz
Lets solve this for 10%, it’s a nice even number.

(453) = (425) + (10)(z)
Remove 425 from both sides
(28) = (10)(z)
Divide by 10
(z) = (2.8)

Each health point can be valued at 2,8

Now that we know this, we can figure out people’s builds now.

Say someone has 467 health. How would you figure this out?
------------------------------------------------

y = b + xz
(467) = (425) + (x)(2.8)
Remove 425
(42) = (x)(2.8)
Divide by 2.8
(15) = (x)

This person has allocated 15% of their build to health.

This guide was made with Rocket Girl, played as an ADC as the example. The same concepts can be applied to any champ in any role. The same concept could be applied to the armour or magic resist stats too. If you manage to figure out the formula for armour or magic resist, message me and I’ll confirm it for you. :D

This has been brought to you by The Academy Project.

~Salvarity

Any questions, feel free to ask.
Thank you for sharing !!
Any possibility to figure out phys/magic dmg? :D