Scouting investment

I recently booted a 2nd account to try a fresh start with my current knowledge.
I decided to invest only 1$ in Scouting. While on my other account, I invested multiple millions.
I was baffled to realize that my 1$ investment tend to get better picks than my multi-million investment,.

While my multi-million investment gets higher ELO player, most of them are 25 or 26 years old, and slowly decaying. They can make decent streamer, but none of them are worth taking in my team to evolve with them.

On the other hand, with my 1$, I get some very good 20 years old players with average ELO, but still having better stats than my starters, still with full potential of growing in very potent players.

So em... what the hell am I supposed to do with this ?
That's how it works, not sure what else you want to hear.. Sadly your investment was fairly wasteful.
The investment is based on elo, so the more you spend in scouting the higher elo player you will get. The highest bidders will get the highest elo players which typically tend to be really old and decaying or players from teams that have quit.

I'm unsure as to what the current money "boundaries" would be, but I know that it seems to only really be the players who consistently dump $5mil+ into scouting who eventually, /sometimes/ get decent players.
It's really not worth investing a lot unless you go all out in my opinion.

Sticking with the $1 to simply get yourself a "free" player when starting up seems to be best in terms of value.
according to news report each day, I am the one who puts most into scouting each day since I get the player with most elo.
these are the players I have gotten the last 2 days
https://gyazo.com/1d2117f8a25f2b0b976cb0d391ac7c45
https://gyazo.com/f76f3ff90a2da7248ca32b9bd50c336d

usually I also get kinda old players. I actually dont recommend scouting.

the players you get are players which contracts have run out for another user and put into scouting pool. therefore, it can be very wide on what kind of players you get.

I like when top tier teams quit game, then I get money when their contracts go out
^I'm up there and 100% agree with Tim, recently began testing it and all in all its more worth saving your cash for market
So since I'm a new player i should stop putting money into scout? Three days ago he found me a 16 years old gamer which is pretty good and has a nice wage.
Throwing a little in is pretty good, as a new player you can get lucky and get some quality players.