First Gaming PC! Advice Needed!

Hi all,
I have decided to make a progressive switch to PC!
I am not familiar with many technical specs at the moment, but for a starter build with my given budget I have chosen these products:
AMD - FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor
MSI - 990FXA-GAMING ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard
Patriot - Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 2GB SC GAMING Video Card

My exact concern is how well will I fend off against modern triple A games? Will I be able to obtain 1080 at 60 fps on such games as Battlefield and Skyrim?

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/first-gaming-pc-advice-needed/

Medical Device Marketing
I recommend you to search like "Battlefield GeForce GTX 1050 2GB SC GAMING Video Card Test" Something like that!.
About the other specs I rather Intel then AMD but AMD is getting some quality CPU's.
8 GB?, Well is good but if you want 1080 60FPS, I would recommend 16gb (Just to you be chilling without worrying with RAM "overloads")
The MotherBoard is cool, but if you decide to eventually change to Intel I recommend an ASUS Motherboard or an MSI as well :) (but I don't know your budget so xD).

I hope I helped you :P
Choose Intel CPU, its better
With the Equipment you have listed, you would be capable of 1080p at 60fps.... but it wouldn't always be static. This would be more so at mid range graphics for more games, for the newer games/titles you would have to run at lower specs.

I'm running a similar setup, but on much out dated equipment, the biggest thing holding my system back is my GFX card and Memory. 8gb at 1600, and a Nvidia GTX 750ti.

A 1050 is definitely above my 750ti, but as a comparison it isn't drastically higher. But instead of just going with a base 1050, aim for at least a 1050ti, 1060 would be ideal but they are currently hard to get a hold of. the cost difference tends to be minimal for 1050-1050ti and not a huge jump (not supposed to be anyways) to the 1060.

Now as far as memory goes, 8gb is currently becoming the barebones minimum for most gaming, to help relieve some stress from the GFX cards, so you could run a lower end card and still play some great titles at the resolution you want with the FPS you want. 16gb is becoming the new standard, unless you go with some DDR4 memory, then you can still stick with 16gb but would want a better ratio than just 1600, would also want to look at the cas latency (the lower the better).

Secondly you would also want to make sure you get a good HDD/SSD for processing the game data/storage to help relieve load times. But overall I would suggest on the 16gb 1600 memory with a 5 or 6 cas latency. (Cas Latency/Memory information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAS_latency )

Third, when it comes down to processors depending on what games you are planning to play and how they are developed comes down to which you should go with AMD or Intel. Currently most games are produced on Intel and utilize the hyperthreading. There are a few that are created on AMD and can fully utilize the processor and all it's glory. But when it comes down to it, for a low towards mid grade PC processor isn't a big difference as long as it has the power needed to run the game based from my experience using both. Also here's a quick reference guide (https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/here-we-explain-the-basic-differences-between-intel-and-amd-cpus/ ), On a side not, my next PC will be utilizing Intel, instead of AMD this time around.

Hopefully this helps.
Cheers.
Sounds like a decent well priced system. Ensure you get a quality case (doesn't need to be super expensive and a decent power supply. These will be the bedrock peices to any build in the future.

If you want to up your performance gaming wise, get a GTX 1060 3gb, if you are really serious up it to 6gb. Beyond that the power / price ratio falls off.
I personally would look at a i5 7760k for about £200 but each to their own. Your AMD puck will perform just below a i5 3470k, at £70 it's a bargin and if that's your budget then go for it but it's going to struggle on high end games. It will play league like a dream tho.

Overall. Decent budget peices. You will outgrow the parts in 2-3 years but will do passable mid range graphics. Get a good case and a 600w+ PSU. This will make up the backbone of future PC builds
Agree on the importance of a good case and the preference for Intel CPUs. Hell I'd even take a i3-6100 over a FX6300.

I disagree on the PSU though, a 450w supply should serve him fine for now. Buying parts so your build will scale better might make sense for a midrange build. But for a budget build every pound counts. He might just as well invest that money in an extra stick of RAM or a 1050Ti instead of the 1050.

@OP you should be able to run Skyrim on near highest settings(but because of your limited 8GB of RAM I'd advise to go easy on the number of mods you install). You might have to tone down BF1 a bit more though but that should also work rather well once you do.