SOPDRINK'S LAYMAN STRATEGY GUIDE FOR NEW PLAYERS

INTRO

This is a layman's guide when you're starting out and you don't understand a lot of systems and/or champion pools regarding strategy. This is a very simple, very easy guide so I don’t intend to go very much in depth.

Having said that, there's a more in depth guide here for new players: https://www.mobamanager.gg/community/forum/topic/show/3300 and other strategy guides https://www.mobamanager.gg/community/forum/topic/show/1044 which are made with much more detail than what I’ll be sharing. These ones were made from years ago and massive respect for those who made them, believe me they still work 90% of the time.

I won’t be discussing pick and bans because that will lengthen my explanations from something simple into something very situational.

This guide will be very useful only if you’re in your first week into the game

___

DISCLAIMER (Skip to "BUILDS" for TLDR)

What I will list here will only work if you don’t know what you’re doing YET.

But once you've been playing for a while and you wanna beat actual strong teams then YOU WILL ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO ADJUST THESE according to your own team and your target opponent.

My qualification for creating this guide is that I can beat everyone (at least right now) except #1 and #2 (Powing Cows and Trust Gaming), however I've only been playing the game for only three months so please take this with a grain of salt.

What I'll be discussing now is the culmination of different strategies I've applied to reach my current rank against players that are arguably more powerful than me.

But before that, let's get to some general stuff.

____

GENERAL

Look man, you have no idea what you're doing, just like me when I started. That’s fine, just put this on your strategy

START GROUPING AT: 20 mins
ATTEMPT DRAGON AT: 10 mins
ATTEMPT BARON AT: 15 mins
TEAM STRATEGY: Push aggressively
TEAMFIGHTS TYPE: Dive enemy carries

__

BUILDS
The main gist of this entire thing is you’ve got roles or build types, much like playing League. I’ll be listing these build types in what I think is their purest unadulterated forms

Basic Builds
You can pretty much create your entire strategy around these build types. Choose this if you’re looking for something simple and quick.

[MAGE - MID]
- Armor: 10
- Magic res: 10
- Health: 20
- Magic DMG: 60
- Teamfight positioning: Take risks/ Go with the flow
- Recall when reaching gold: 600

[CARRY - ADC]
- Physical DMG: 60

[BRUISER - JUNGLE]
- Physical DMG: 45
- Utility: 15
- Recall when reaching gold: 1500

[BRUISER - TOP]
- Armor: 15
- Magic res: 15
- Health: 40
- Physical DMG: 30
- Teamfight positioning: Go deep

[TANK - SUPP/JUNGLE]
- Armor: 15
- Magic res: 15
- Health: 40
- Utility 30
- Teamfight positioning: Go very deep
- Recall when reaching gold: 600 if Supp, 1500 if Jungle

[HEALER - SUPP]
- Magic res: 5
- Health: 25
- Utility: 60

Note: Top can also use the carry build, but use the [CARRY - ADC] or [CARRY - MID]
build depending on your champion pick. When in doubt, just use the ADC build lmao

Strategies based from basic builds

BASIC STRATEGY #1
- [BRUISER - TOP]
- [BRUISER - JUNGLE]
- [MAGE - MID]
- [CARRY - ADC]
- [HEALER - SUPP]

BASIC STRATEGY #2
- [BRUISER - TOP]
- [TANK - JUNGLE]
- [MAGE - MID]
- [CARRY - ADC]
- [TANK - SUPP]

__

COOLER BUILDS
These things are situational but still simple. You can adjust your strategy around them if you wanna try them out.

[GLASS CANNON - ADC]
Glass cannons either carries you really really hard or spectacularly fails early on. I’d recommend this if your ADC is an elite for your division
- Armor: 5
- Magic res: 0
- Physical DMG: 75

[GLASS MAGE- AP]
Glass cannons either carries you really really hard or spectacularly fails early on. I’d recommend this if your ADC is an elite for your division
- Armor: 0
- Magic DMG: 75

[LANE BULLY - TOP]
You lose a tank, but toplane functions as a third carry to the game adding to that much needed damage output.
- DMG: 60 (choose Magic or Physical depending on your champion pick. If you have no idea, then go physical)

[SECOND MAGE - SUPP]
You’ll lack utility, but will surely destroy some botlanes depending how strong is your opponent. Use on botlanes you couldn’t beat.
- Magic DMG: 60
- Utility: 10

[INVADER - JUNGLE]
You’ll see a lot of good kills all around the map and the opposing jungler very much egged on. I’d recommend this if your Jungler is an elite for your division

- Health: 30
- Physical DMG: 60
- Recall when reaching gold: 1500

I won’t expand much on the strategy regarding these cooler builds, because I will risk revealing my own strategy hahahaha. Just mix and match these ones with your basic builds and experiment.

___

WARNINGS

Once again, these builds are NOT absolute, you will have to adjust them later on depending on your opponents especially once you reach Division #1. These are just the basic min-max structures that I’ve used and am using, and you’ll find yourself tweaking those numbers as you get more comfortable in the game.

That, and some older players might disagree with me on this, as I’ve only been playing for three months. Powing Cows and Trust Gaming might see me as an absolute idiot afaik, but that’s fair as I haven’t won against them once hahaha

__

GOODLUCK !!

Feel free to add some stuff here if you wanna.