Welfare

shouldnt welfare be turned off now that we reset? pretty pointless to get sponsors if we are getting 10k for free no matter what
Nah market is unlocked and if you want better coaches and pr managers you need much much money
Well the point of the game is to slowly build up not get everything handed to us, with sponsors i got +6k a day, the welfare is not really needed. I think it should be removed so we can try and play without help
I think having no welfare makes the game more strategically orientated, seems somewhat easy to fund everything you want with the welfare on. Without it, you need a little bit more strategy in terms of what you spend money on . Definitely a fan of having welfare off, would just want an indication either way if it's intended to stay on or off to be able to plan out money better.
I am simply playing like i do not have it, i made a budget, gonna stick to it, Also to see if my idea on how to manage and earn money fastest is working
Do not like the idea of welfare either. Since this is just another testing period, it should be ok though.
we just dont really get to test how to run our team best though or how to manage the economy of your team
The welfare exists because we want to allow players to be able to stay in the game without having to reset entirely if they screw up their teams early on.

Once we have more options for revenue (outside the sponsorships) we'll likely turn it off, but until then just consider it a little bonus :)
@AgentB7 What happens if we go broke?
There's no penalty for going broke outside of not being able to purchase new players / sponsor slots / renew contracts. You'll go into negative figures, and no longer be able to pay for your infrastructure, but your team will still be allowed to compete (albeit at a huge disadvantage).

If you go broke and don't like the idea of running a team with bare minimum support, there are a few steps you can take to recover:
1) Cut down on expenses. Fire coaches, sell sub players, shut down your academy, anything that's not 100% necessary for your team to play.
2) Sell off players and replace them with fresh talent. You will very likely be downgrading, but if you have skilled players on your team you can auction them off on the marketplace and use your academy/scouting or even just bidding on cheaper players to replace them.
3) Reset. This should be your last resort since it will completely reset everything except your user profile, but under the 'settings' tab you can wipe your team and start fresh.
We have decided that the welfare will stay as long as we add additional income sources. Otherwise it will be really difficult to hire pr managers and managed the academy. Please give us a few weeks :)
uh, I have not receive any welfare with this update. got ist canceled?
seems so :D then the ppl who decided to pay 25k each day for the coaches got punished :D wonderful, i am so happy about this
Errr.... could you guys please let us know what you decided to do about Welfare?

You, Netstand, mentioned yesterday that you decided to keep Welfare on. Yet, we did not receive it this time around.

Me and obviously a lot of other people I'm sure of did heavily plan our investments with keeping welfare in mind, so it'd be grand if it could be re-enabled at least for a week so we can adjust accordingly.

Right now it'd be tough to keep up with my coach expenses without welfare when before you clearly mentioned welfare was going to be a thing.
I am so happy i had this situation in mind, i think its awesome its off, makes it so ppl who just thought not getting sponsor spots and just leaving off the welfare is gonna suffer.
And those who just went all in on high saleries for coaches will be in trouble too. Use the reset button if you fucked up :D
Well that's all fine and dandy Momostar, and I agree that maybe Welfare isn't needed, but the Devs Clearly communicated that it would stay enabled, so it's not really fair to turn it off without notification.

I might just scrape by atm (3k gold and about +/- expenses), but I'm very sure others won't.
I am at 6k, but, but everyone needs to figure out how to balance the economy and what is best, i might simply be best not to have any coaches to start with. And simply just get a few youths and keep them until you get your 4th slot for sponsors
Not a valid argument if you have people going down to -50,000 and beyond.

You can't save those accounts under any circumstance.
No but they can reset and start over
Guys you shoud anounce if you turn off Welfare.. Im not a guy who surpaid staff but i spent a lot on my academy... I'm ok if you want to turn it off but please anounce it... Yesterday you said that you will keep the welfare and you turn it off.
I agree in the fact, that welfare should be turned off. Considering the fact, that nobody got it today and not giving any notice beforehand is a valid argument. But have they even mentioned if its a daily bonus or perhaps a weekly one?
Yea, someone like myself got hit pretty hard by the announcement that there would be welfare and then not getting it. Ended up at -2k instead of the 8k I was planning on so I only have 4 players hired on for tomorrow to get back in the black.
I'm guessing it's just a bug and once the Devs wake up they'll distribute it to everyone.

After all, two devs explicitly said that welfare would stay enabled just yesterday.
That would be awesome. I could get a 5th player :)
Yes, this is a bug. Welfare will be added soon. Sorry for that!
I added welfare for yesterday now and welfare will be continued right now, although I'd like discussion on what the sum would be because I think 10k is too much right now.
Remove anomalies - I'd even say top and bottom 15% - and take the average if possible. That way you'll have at least a kinda valid look without those who already spent 30k in their first five seconds and those who stopped playing after the same time.

Or just go by trial and error and half it over a set period of time (every week?) until players start to complain. Then double it and leave it be.

Jm2c
10k makes us forget about sponsorship basicly.
5k should be enough by far.
So you can even try less.

2-3k sounds cool. That's just a random number though
5k would give a decent amount of flexibility in your spending but really any amount would be fine as long as people know ahead of time and can plan ahead. A weeks notice or something like mentioned previously would be awesome.
At the moment sources of income are rather limited.
Factors to take into account:
- Players you get at start (basic players) wages are around roughly 1000-1400. So you need to make at least that amount per day just to keep your players in the long run.
- 2 sponsors (taken at start) give you income of roughly 4000.
- 3 sponsors (taken at start) give you something like 6000 give or take a few.
- academy player wages are significantly higher as are their skill levels. A good player seems to have a wage of 1000+.
- Just having lets say 3 academy players means that you come very close to spending more money than what you get as income from 2 sponsors. In fact in some cases you end up with negative income.
- Should you end up with negative income you are basically done for. Your options are to keep going till you run out of money or to try to sell your players since there is no way you can buy a new sponsor slot and increase your income. You'll never have the money to do that with negative income.
- When you add trainers and PR into equation you will spend more than 4000 in a day.
To make the story short and without going into any more details, I would keep welfare close to 5000 till other means of income have been added into the game.

Regards,
Emperor
Oh and also pls keep welfare at 10000 for lets say at least 2 days more. I bet there are multiple people who calculated their plans according to current revenue model. People who did not cheat to get significant amount of money and build a solid financial base before going on shopping spree.