Unofficial Thread of Your Team's Stories and Reports!

Since I don't really see anyone talking about their teams too much I thought I would make a thread about it! Anyways, just like everyone else I just started so my players are all inexperienced but I did receive a promising 3 stat support.
Everyone else has atleast a 2 in everything except for my jungler who only has a 1 which is troubling. I'm not going to the market just yet though my team did well in their 25 games in sandbox going 16-9 which is better than i thought so I'm just going to scout for a new jungler and see if anything comes up or if the coach I'm hiring takes my offer then I plan to just give them some time to improve since they are all dirt cheap in terms of salary. We lost our first ranked game though so I will re-arrange my pick and bans and see if a cc heavy comp where they group at 20 will work.
P.S- Testers, don't be afraid to share some of your tips here for the newer players so that they can get used to the game!
P.S 2-I'm currently Team Obsidian in League 7 #78 for anyone that wants to see my progress
I think it would be nice if more teams would share their stories, this way we could analyse in more detail how you guys actually like to play the game. Anyway thanks for this.

I am gonna share my secrets and strategies that I am testing out. Basically my strategy is to loose. Yes, I wanna loose as much games as possible :). The reason for this is that I wanna see if the game engine that we have right now is actually allowing players with good strategies to win and vice versa. So far I am doing quite well. Last season I lost most of my team ranked games and finished in the bottom half of my league. If anyone wants any tips on how to achieve this I am more then happy to share with you :)
I'm relatively new to the game, but this is my approach for now:

Essentially you need money to get the best players. To get money, you need sponsors. To get better Sponsors you need reputation. To get reputation you need elo. To get elo you need good players.

Sooo, basically I'm investing heavily into Academy Players now to get great players. This will hopefully give me a good team that will quickly get to a good elo. Then I can grab great sponsors and I'm golden. The wages for academy players are super low, so once I have a decent team and good money flow, I can concentrate all my money on getting good trainers and better players.

We'll see how that works out :D

In terms of strategy, to more efficiently use the stat spread, I try to only use AP champs on my Jgl, Mid and Supp, only AD on Top and Adc, so that I can focus on one damage stat on each of my players.

Apart from that, I tried picking champs that are good at Teamfighting and AoE, but I don't think this will actually matter at all :D
I feel like I got a good start. My ADC, JUN and MID all got 3's, though SUP and TOP are both 1's. It's painful to see all the 3's getting grouped up onto a select few players, but I suppose that's balanced enough.

My current goal is to try and theorycraft the most mathematically sound strategy that I feel I possibly can, and as such I've got a few spreadsheets running on various aspects. Mostly only around champ picks and rolls currently (according to my model Card Master brings the most arbitrary '''''power''''' to a team in almost every position he's played in, but I won't say more than that :P . Maybe I'm wrong. Who knows? ), as I've yet to figure out how to numerically quantify things such as lane aggression and grouping. I guess it's really a case by case thing. Light testing has been promising so far, but I'm still relatively new to this game, so I'm trying to learn as much as I can / fight everyone for coaches before I move on to more rigorous sandbox spam.

A part of me also wants to keep my original team and see how much I can build them as things progress, but the ESports business is a cruel world I suppose.
As for my Strategy, with the way the current system is. with there only being 1 strategy of grouping, and split pushign not being a thing. That means getting the most players ahead early is the best thing, So I centered my strategy around my bottom lane. As of right now I haven't had any ranked games, but the sandbox games have went well. I feel like harassing always seems to be the best option. Will let you guys know after my ranked games.
We won our first ranked game (yay!) whichmakes us 1-2 though so we are below the ideal 1200 elo so far. My players haven't been doing well in solo queue either. I really don't want to pick up new players since I prefer to see them grow but it looks like I will have to invest in the academy if my team suffers too much in terms of elo. I'm also desperately trying to find a coach so that my players can finally start improving.
Ill probably post a full guide soon been working on one in my off times, but ill post some simple stuff here. I dont know if past peple have said it either because I havent really read this fll thread.

1. I havent found a strategy where having one of your players farming works. except for jungle. The game right now is too much about killing and not farming.

2. Make sure before you start coming up with a strategy to put your players in there most optimal position they might be better at support but if they are the best jungler and someone else can take the support role and do well than the most optimal position for him would be jungle.

3. Everyone should know this but right off the bat invest in your academy. Later on in the game im hoping that this will be fixed but academy players are OP atm invest in it and hire right away to get a good team. ( I actually havent done this and still play with 3 rating players, but my strategy gets me wins and I still do fine.)

4. This will be my last tip for now. Look at each position and decide what your gonna do and prioritize. Example. Top= Physical dmg top laners, sup= magical dmg supports, etc. Pick what you will do and put the stats in the places for that. So top laners with physical dmg you wouldnt want magical dmg so just get rid of magical dmg pretty much and put into physcial.

Hope this helps And isnt to confusing. Sorry if my english is bad. :(

p.s. for those who dont believe me and want numbers. In the past 2 days ive only lost 7 out of 50 games of sandbox ( first couple loses were experiments.) so even with 3 rating players ive gone 43-7 in sandbox while on blue and on purple side ive gone 10-4 ( purple side is still under experiments need to optimize ban phase and pick phase for that).
With the current meta the way it is, kill heavy group early, I like to take an aggressive early game jungler to get my lanes snowballed and have a scaling adc take over the game as soon as possible. I prefer to pair the adc with a good peeling or protective support along with a hard engage top laner and a lane dominant mid with good cc. I haven't lost a game yet and I'm not sure if it's due to people not actively using their academy players or it's a good strategy but I'm gonna run it until it fails me.
I agree with Vig. that strategy is very good atm and very much should be the standard strategy to use. Hoping once i get my academy players this time I will also run undefeated.
I'm happy there is a subreddit but I much rather prefer to have the discussion here since its much easier for people to post here rather than go to another site.
SECT1ON, we'd currently rather have the discussion in our official forum. Wouldn't want to split the community yet, once we hit a decent userbase we'd take and use the /r/lolmanager Henri made. Thank you.
hey this post give me the idea t speak about the progress of my team but rp side, like if i were the owner of the team, with like speaking to my players and stuff

i will post the 1st try tomorrow
Went to the Academy as advised and got myself a 5 point supp andd 6 point top laner. Not too shabby the academy does seem too op though I only needed to place a 1000 and I already received a player better than my whole line-up.
if you put 2500 into it you will get 12 point players
2-2 in ranked liking my new player so far.I'm going to invest more in the academy and see what kind of players I'm getting.
When League matches get underway I intend to do write ups and reports about my players and their development along side my team's success or lack there of.
Ever since I started picking up academy players my team has been doing extremely well in ranked . I just wish there was some incentive to keeping your starting players since the academy players are usually similar in salaries but with much superior stats.
Finished #6 in team elo after the first day but ended up a couple k in the red because of the welfare scare. I might have overreacted a bit because day 2 I finished all the way down at #45 but ended the day with over $50k from selling off 60% my team. I'm currently restocking with $10k academy players and looking at a 4th sponsor spot and hopefully should be able to compete with the top guys again soon.
Also I don't think 2500 gives 12 stat players. I think the cap is 11 for 2500, 13 for 5000 and 15 for 10000?
Well a couple of days has passed and the season has officially started! After replacing 4 of my starting players with those of the academy I started out decently enough with a 2-1 record only dropping a game to the current 1st place team in my division. I also bought another sponsor slot and now I am financially stable. However, I am only 4th place which means I need to keep changing up my strategy so that I can rank up.
Anyways this season has been really promising to me so far and I'm confident that I can build a all-star team in time. How is everyone else doing in their divisions?
Truthfully my divisoon is super easy and ill probably come first. If you want to see a hard division where it will be competitive I d say check out division 7 #23 they have theplayable, panthom, and incentive all in the top 50.
Damn, I'm in Division #24... SO CLOSE.

I would have loved to be in #23 and have a chance at league games with all these other great teams :)

If only I had registered like 5 minutes earlier! Darn it!
That would have been so sick.

Good thing you pointed that out. Love the competition.
Yeah that division is definitely stacked. I wish I can say that I want to join a division like that but I'm having trouble in my own! Well atleast we can safely say that 90% of people going to div 6 are people who actually know what they are doing.
Every player in the game is going to go to Divion #6. There's 10,240 places in Divison #6, and there's 1,400 teams right now. So all of us will promote (as will approximately 8,000+ bot teams :P).

And before we can get promoted to Division #5, the game is scheduled to officially launch, so unfortauntely we'll have to wait at least 2-3 months before there's any teams in Division #1 + #2