50k Academy Players are a joke

I wanted to see the player I'd get for dropping 50k into the academy and what dropped on my lap is a half event 10k player. What the hell did I pay 50k for?
I think they nerfed all of the academy players.
Just one day too late.
They buffed youth training, though. You can try it now!
Wow... Damn. Didn't know this. I threw away 50k and discarded him already...
With the big training buff I'm guessing academy is just worthless now.
How does academy training even work? Will the game itself differentiate who is a youth and not even after I hire them?
Academy training happens passively depending on whatever sum you have invested while the daily update.

I'm not sure if the academy is worthless now (it probably will require some further balancing), but it's supposed to be a lot weaker in terms of getting a good player fast. Now the effect should be that you will get rewarded when you have kept players in your academy for a while as the training should be more cost effective there.
Which is pretty normal, it's not useless, it's just that you shouldn't have to rely too much on it. It should be here for advanced team that have enough money to slowly train promising players.
I do prefer this much more. People who abused it early on had such a massive advantage that felt near insurmountable. This will create a much nicer balance. The best strategies in the long run should always take time, not be rushed as this "Season" has gone. Even though I wasted 50k by discarding him right away (didn't know about this change T.T) it is a much needed fix.
So how does a 1k aca player differ from a 100k now? since there is no talent level?
Is it just pure stats still or?
Wow I am really pissed. I thought I hired a player yesterday but turned out I forgot to hire one. Now I hired my player today and his stats are well below what I expected. If I knew he was going to be bad I would have gone to the transfer market or saved for an extra sponsor slot.
Got my 50k Academy Player b4 the Update.
He initially had 15 Points everywhere, and a bit more in useless stats like leadership. That was already very Bad stats for 50k investment and now he even dropped further(3points yet) in the lane he is playing in.
Hell These Drops suck and make the whole game frustrating :(
Dang it. Just wasted the 25k that I had finally saved up on a player with 10s across the board. ;.;
Sold him for 7k at least....
Luckily i spent my 100k for the 5th sponsor slot...
Was already angry seeing that the debt thing just goes live in July so i could take the sponsor plus 100k in debt (would cost me around 5-6 days getting back to -50k which is the limit) but now with worse academy players and a recent increase in wins (i did not change anything on my 10k academies) ill put a lot money in training and be fine i guess.