PSA: Test Season 1 Ending Soon!

Pretty much every team has only one or two games left to play for this season, so I thought I'd just remind everyone that once every team has played 18 games (double round-robin) the season will come to an end and division seeding for next season will be sorted.

How'd everyone do? Anyone feeling particularly good about their performance? I know there's a lot of undefeated teams around, congrats to all of you!

I'll write up a proper league report when the season closes with a bit of data and information about next season (I was going to do one this weekend but then I realised how close to done we are).
The season seems to be going pretty well, I'm 16-0 so far.
Was never in the red, added 3 coaches recently and looking to add some more. Added a few players as subs that will skill up and stream mostly.

One things I'm not enjoying is playing team ranked against teams that have +50 elo or -50, with so many teams I would think that matchmaking would be closer... It causes me to go on losing streaks or winning streaks.
I got matched with a team 482 elo under me. I screwed up my chance at the perfect season by focusing 100% on economy with no care about winning early on.
I will probably end the season undefeated and I also managed to break into the top 10 Elo recently after staying in the top 100 most of the time so I'm pretty happy :D
i invested a lot in players earlier in the seaosn which made me win a lot early , but i kidna fell flat midseason since i had crap economy , and the rest of the teams started getting 50-100k monster players.

Will still win my league with just 1 loss to mops most likely , but he can easily trash my team with his players , even tho i have them working a whole crap with a number of coaches...to the poin where i barely make them do soloq or ranked,

The academy was broken
To be fair my player aren't 50k or 100k Academy Players :P
I invested into economy early on too just like Jaegy did so I took two early loses and then going into a pretty big winstreak.
Personally I feel like I can win my next league with the exception being when Jaegy is in there. :D
well , dunno then.... Just out of curiosity , what are your player's stats ? For example , my midlaner is a 25 mid , 16 tech and he gets trashed.. My jungler is 23 , 17 and he gets crapped as well. The others are a bit lower , but still in the same area.

So just how high are yours ? Seriously , i'm curious if my players are bad or if its a strategy thingy
From Top to Support, Stat/Technical:
26.6/16
27.3/22.2
22.9/21.7
27.8/20.7
26.2/16.8

Edit: My Strategy sucks btw
thx. Your players do have higher stats in their main areas, but as i see it , yours have way higher technical then most of mine. Couldn't hire a good technical coach
I just recently returned home from my trip to China. Before I left my team seemed to be in good shape. I could go toe to toe with every single top team and come out with positive win record.

While in ChinaI could not really do anything but log on randomly to read messages. Updating tactics and in general doing anything else but reading message boards seemed to be near impossible to do on my ipad. Internet connections I used were not that good anyway and then bunch of security reasons and so on.

I basically left my team on autopilot. They mostly won but as time went on my players seem to have fallen behind in terms of skill and no amount of tweaks and strategic tricks can help to overcome that difference in pure skill. Well at least my team is making money.

Some general thoughts:

- Academy players seem have to have been nerfed to ground. I picked up one 100k on an alt account. That kid has stats of around 10 and 11. The other one I picked up recently, on an alt account, has stats below 1 meaning stats like 0.87 all across the board. I think he was either 1000 or 2500 as far initial investment goes. Training players at my academy also did not seem to lead to noticeable increases in player skill. Overall it seems academy is just not worth the money.

- Regular training - well hard to say as I was unable to hire coaches in time in order to see actual results to draw any short of conclusions. First I kept getting outbid by insane and unrealistic amounts of money like 10000 - 30000 for a single coach. Then later on (when I got back from China) there were no coaches to be hired - at least not decent ones and in the end only 10 or something in total until very recently.

- Player wages are still way behind what coaches are getting. I suppose academy not being worth the investment plays a role on this.

Overall I did enjoy this season and think the game is heading to right direction.
Wait WHAT THE FUCK???? People have players with stats above 25???? None of my players have stats above 20 LOL

Stat/Technical:
Top: 19.4/9.1
Jungle: 18.4/12.7
Mid: 16.7/14.6
ADC: 18.3/9.1
Support: 17.6/13.9
Surprised you're not in top100 area with those stats Lolo. My teams actually pretty mediocre playerwise compared to what most other people seem to have.
13/14 Sup/Tech
17/19 Mid/Tech
19/9 ADC/Tech
14/11 Jung/Tech
26/10 Top/Tech

Went undefeated in my league but I think it's got a few inactives, feel like I should have focused more on Eco first instead of checking 100k player statlines and recruiting a bunch of 25ks. Haven't touched my strategy in a while which I should probably have done.
Technically , i'm ranked 27 if we go by elo , Remi. Not doing that well money and reputation wise , and my players don't soloq a lot either since they are actually training a crapload.

Edit : if those ar e really your player stats , then your strategy must be something , since you pretty much stomped me as well. Guess it's time to change something.
Whoops, meant to say top 10 there. Fair dos on that.
yeah , i give up. You're beating the crap out of me. I'm going to try to get some tech coaches in there and raise my players tech skills quite a bit , since besides the midlaner and jungler , my others have tech quite a bit lower.

Also my toplaner can't do crap vs yours seeing that he's 4 points lower. Might work better if instead of making him play a carry , i would make him get a tank , but i kinda doubt it.
I managed to finish undefeated while focusing early on economey, I think I invested too much into the sponsors as that was the best tactic last test phase. It ment I couldn't take advantage of the Youth academy.
not sure how good the 50-100k players were before the academy nerfs , but all my players were 5-10k players that i've had for ages and simply trained. This is why i'm so low on elo chart as well. My players were pretty good early so i raised my elo quite a bit at first , but then i was having big economy issues , so i couldn't constantly upgrade them with better ones. Seeing that , i focused on training the ones i got , and statwise they are decent.

I just didn't realized tech was such an important skill. i get the feeling that having a high tech is even better then having a high lane skills even for laning phase. That means that outside of my mid which is 15-16 and jungler which is very close to 17 , all my others are aound 9-11.

I'm getting crushed with tech so low even if my players have 1-2 extra points in lane phase compared to my oponenets.
I know that I mainly focused on economy early on. I never purchased an OP Academy player, and all my players are home-grown with low wages (except my greedy ADC). Currently, my income is at 18th (and climbing), and my Facilities (except Housing) are at least Level 5. I'm 2nd in my League at 15-2, but I wipe the floor with everyone in my League, including 1st. I picked up my losses early while I was growing my Economy. I actually bought my Fifth Sponsor right when they locked out the OP Academy players.

I'm over here wondering how people are getting 20+ stats on their players, though. I recently hit 17th on the ladder, but I've fallen a little back down into the 30s and seem to be evening out around there. Here are my players for reference.

Role: "Name" Lane/Tech
Top: "Shouji" 12.1 / 12
Jun: "Kaxi" 10.7 / 7
Mid: "Teiho" 13.6 / 12.2
ADC: "Walrus" 15.7 / 10.5
Sup: "Alli" 12.3 / 13

Like...seriously. How do people have such high-stat players with stat decay and coach leveling so limited? ._.
i have 6 coaches. I'm guessing others have more. It's also 1 of the reason i do very little soloq for my players and team ranked for my team's own ello. Because each of my players have to do between 10-15 coaching sessions per day. Still trying to get more coaches for my tech part , since i still somehow get crushed. Should probably start working on my strategy as well since i haven't changed it in weeks.
My best player is 18 / 16 and my worst is 14 / 14.
I never spent more than 10k for academy players and all the players on my main roster do 5 training sessions per day.

Now ranked 6 and still climbing (3 team ranked per days), I'm coming for the first place :p
http://imgur.com/zjf44oc
My main roster all do between 6 and 8 sessions per day to get the most chance of getting a stat. My streamers all do 10 streams but also like 2-3 training sessions.
we really need to talk strategy after the season ends , because i get the feeling i'm doing stuff wrong.
@Lolo

Have you been testing strategies in the Sandbox? I found mine by thinking about what I want my team to do and then bringing together the best picks/bans, laning, and positioning to accomplish that. Try changing just one thing at a time and testing to see if it helps.
ye...i generally take 1 team as a sample to test different strategies against the same team.

I am either a terrible strategist , or there is something i'm missing. Doesn't really matter since the season will end soon enough , and being in top 30 is enough. Assuming everything goes well , i will most likely win my league as well , and all that's left is to try and correct my general strategy during the next season.

I've made a lot of blunders at the start economy wise , and my players got coaches quite late into the game because of that. And those coaches were not especially tech centered , which is why my players tend to have rather low tech outside of 2 players.
Didn't thought that was so important , but i don't really see other reasons.
I stole a decent amount of my strategy ideas from elite and tdx.invic :)
How do you steal strategy? ._.
I stole my stratergy from jaegybomb
I reckon i learnt alot more about the game in this period so coming second behind someone with a higher elo than me is a success as i am only 79th in elo rankings
I'm pretty bad at this game even though i am in the top 100.
player stats:
15.7 - 14.8 top
19.2 - 5.4 jgl
17.7 - 13.9 mid
13.7 - 6.3 adc
19.2 - 18.7 supp
as you can see pretty bad, still i win sometimes :D
fun fact, most of the time my supp has higher cs then my adc and also alot of kills xD
Dunno what theyve done to coaches cause early this season i got like 1 point every 5 days with one coach and lately my players get 2-3 each every day with 2 coaches. Now i picked up 3 more with hopefully 2 more incoming so i have a total of 7. Hope to close the gap to the top 10 somewhat soon this way.

Edit: My Team right now:
Top: 12.6/8.2
Jun: 12.7/8.9
Mid: 15.1/16.8
Adc: 14.9/11.3
Sup: 15.0/9.1

Im still in the Top 100 tho somewhat low stats and dropped a little lately due to a big loosing streak which was usually followed by a winning streak. might be coming soon.
btw, that feel when the best player elo wise plays for a bot team xD
Facilites boost the training effect.
Have you invested there?
feels kind of weird to think that almost everyone will make it into the 6th division, the large skillgap has only gotten bigger right now, feels kind of not okay that the teams that were losing a lot will only continue to lose more with the dominant teams winning just as much... can't the elite players in each league be separated from the lower ones so they can start winning some more games?
Maybe on this last point, the 1st and maybe even 2nd season could be a single round robin, then progress to double round robin so the unmanaged teams will filter down to the bottom quicker and good players can started getting into competitive leagues sooner.
well if I had the time or the motivation to go deeper into strategy I wonder if I could finally beat jaegy..
Kinda annoying me since I am able beating everyone in the top 10 with some effort but the system always puts me up against Cloud9 atleast twice a day which basically leads to an elo gain of 0 :D

Edit: My Top is close to 30, I feel like he might be able to get it in the season, Hype :D
Jesus looking at your guys' stats makes me want to cry. I'm rank 51 in team ELO so I thought I was pretty shit hot but all my players are only 13 at their role, with my ADC only having 10 but my top lane having a 19 (My MVP for sure).

Looking at you guys having players with 20+ I haven't a clue how I got here!

Breezed through my league 18-0 though...
I don't have a single player with +20 stats in any of their roles, my top and support have about 15 stats, yet for some reason I am rank 16 atm. I really dropped the ball on coaches after the YA nerf.
@FlatCap

Dude...feels. I feel you so much right now...
I'm ranked 6th, not a single player has a stat above 15.
Meanwhile I can't get higher due to bad Matchmaking. :D

By the way, did any of you experience a change in player gaining stats from training?
During the last daily Update two of my players finally gained 2Points in their perspective role! :)
question, i was first for like 2 "weeks" but because the other guy played first after that constantly he got first place, how does this work? is there going to be a decider match or are we both nr 1 cause i beat him and he beat me
well to be fair , i also did like 2 ranked games per day for the last weeks , so it's probably why i'm ranked so low as well. At least i won my league. Kinda lucky with mops there , seeing his monster squad .

Realistically speaking , i do believe that if this season lasted 1-2 extra weeks , i could aim for a top 10 spot. I've managed to gather a number of really really good coaches , and my players are improving at a really fast rate.

That being said , i would love a reset as well , since i've did a load of stupid things in the begining of this season as well , and i'd love the chance to redo

Edit : mops , i think i remember my players gaining 2 points at once before , but last night is the first time i saw 1 of my player gain 1 point in a lane 2 times....which my guess its because of the different coaches that train said player