Anyone still have the original players on the main lineup?

One of the joys of this game for me is to watch my midlaner from my original lineup grow from a measly 3 stat average to 25 in mid and 21 in tech. This feeling honestly beats out getting a 20+ stat player from the academy. It really gives me the same feeling as when I first played pokemon, where I chose my starter and have him follow me all the way to the end beating the champion, while watching him grow.
Reynauld and Dismas. :3

I'm pretty sure I kept my support. The other players were swapped out VERY early for Market players (but I changed their names to fit). I haven't picked up any new and amazing players lately, and I never abused the Academy (though I did pick up a couple of mediocre 5-10ks before the nerfs).
:3

I had my entire line up until last week when i swapped my support for a market player.
I can see that. Did you do coaches from the get-go while everyone else was doing Academy?
all my starters are the 2nd generation (rightafter the 1-2-3 stats originals) , hired from academy at 5-10k ( just 1 was a 10k) , and i just trained them till now. This is the reason why they have great lane stats , but crap tech stats. 5-10k players tended to have good lane stats , but bad tech at start
That seems pretty similar to my players, Lolo (all 2nd Gen), but they haven't progressed as much since I was slow to the punch on Coaches. :'(
@Kaxi
Due to my experience in season 1, I actually did not do anything to my original line up for quite a while. I believed that they are going to evolve into better players, just like how my team did in season 1.
I started spamming coaches (Just clicking the hire button without increasing the price to see if I am lucky enough to get a good coach for like 800 bucks) a couple of weeks prior to the big academy nerf, so I might have pulled the coaching punch very early on.

Unfortunately, I dear players suffered quite a rough season and finished the season in 5th place. Then, as things seemed to go better, they get assigned to division 3 with 1200 team elo and 1500 average player elo... I sort of renamed the team to "WHY AM I IN DIV 3, GET ME OUT OF HERE!"

But... things seems to go pretty well now. We are surprisingly undefeated so far in the split.. haha... and our team elo has jumped to 1400!

P.S: This is my main account, check my alt account (OP) to see my team and my players <3
All my players are 15th gen :)
Okay... I just used my main team to have a scrim match against OP's team (My alt acc)
Despite having much higher overall stats in my players in my main team, my alt team curbstomped my main team so fking hard its not even funny.

Maybe sticking with original players give them some sort of synergy boost or something

haha .... rip
My players were hired on 2nd or 3rd day from academy since then i completly kept them.
Abuser

>.>

/SARCASM JOKE POST
Abuser?
Well i guess most players did that and i basically just had 10-12 stats on them as thex were 10k academy players. Didnt even "upgraded" like some others to 25k or even 50k players.
It's not really abuse. I don't get when people say abusing the academy, sure there were players out there who were using the bug and getting into debt, but I did hire a few players from the academy when I saw they were strong and even sold a few on for a profit. It was part of the game.

This whole game is working out what is the best tactic, finding where stats are tuned and advantages can be found (without cheating). For now having 5 full time steamers is the best tactic, you never know, later it could be something completly diffrent.
Let me clarify this really really hard before anyone else jump on the "This is offensive!" bandwagon:

The "abuser" post is purely a sarcastic joke-ish remark. I did that as a friendly *nudge* *nudge*.

I do not and will not hold any sort of grudge to anyone who has abused the academy. It's all part of the game! Please don't stab me with a pitchfork or burn me or throw me into a lake please! D:
Alright well just another point to add a chat function ;) Would have resolved that way easier.
Anyway I think it was also okay to go into debt at that point. I mean we had some discussions about a bank or so. As this is still not existing going into debt was somewhat a solid strategy for a big investment early on before then recovering from the debt and getting something back in positive. As long as you had some eco it was no problem at all. Only critics for that might be "abusing" of no punish for the debt (pay 5%+ back) or some players dropping into with no chance of getting out.